“Comfortable restored historic building”

Inn at Carnall Hall
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Fayetteville
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Had a wonderful stay and great food. Very interesting historical building. Food served in the dinning hall was fantastic. Stayed here because it's just a short walk to the Walton Arts Center where they have some fantastic shows.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Inn at Carnall Hall

Reviewed 27 November 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at The Inn at Carnall Hall for a few days this fall during the remodel of my new home. I was presently surprised to find myself at home in this cozy historic hotel located on the UofA campus in the heart Fayetteville, The service and accommodations were some of the best I have experienced in my many years of travel. I will always remember this hotel when I have special guests in town to visit or for a cozy evening in the Lambeth Lounge or Ellas for dinner.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view, my room had a great lookout over the Old Main Lawn!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Wow! This hotel is TOTALLY gorgeous! I had The Best Bed I have ever slept in in any hotel (I am not exaggerating); the just the best sleep.
I had a room on the 3rd floor, far along the corridor so it was very quiet. I couldn't hear anything from other rooms, and because the hotel is on the University campus, there's no traffic noise.
Bathroom was lovely and spacious with good shower.
Breakfast was delicious and I also had lunch there on my final day before leaving and that was lovely too.
Great service - very efficient and friendly; useful little business centre on 2nd floor (computer and printer) - helpful for printing out boarding pass for next flight.
I'd love to stay here again if/when I'm in Fayetteville. Great location and particularly good for my on-campus meetings.

Room Tip: Probably go for top floor where I was; extremely quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We were a little disappointed, but I think (hope) it was our particular room. We were on the basement level and our windows looked out into the shrubs. The room had a musty order and i had to buy a Glade before we spent the night. Also, the AC was more of a sound machine than a cooling unit. Breakfast was definitely "continental", and although the friendliness of the staff was excellent, the cold muffins and bread were not impressive. We had wanted (and expected) this to be extra special and, sadly, it wasn't. If we do this again, we will be specific in room specifications and ask for a high room, looking out onto Ole' Main.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shayfree
Reviewed 23 October 2013

The Inn at Carnall Hall has an excellent location on the University of Arkansas campus, affording access to the University as well as Dickson Street, and a number of excellent restaurants.
Additonally, the staff is consistently friendly and accomodates business needs such as faxes and other communications. The bar is a good place to meet friends and the bar service is also outstanding.
Another benefit is abundant parking which is huge in a university town.

Room Tip: I prefer rooms facing the campus, but on my last visit we faced the street and noise was not an issu...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Steven N, Manager at Inn at Carnall Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

We are very excited to see your review! Thank you for your kind comments and hope you will come back & stay with us again the next time you are in Fayetteville. At the Inn at Carnall Hall we are dedicated to anticipating our guests needs and making their stay with us as comfortable as possible.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Where else can a former women's college dormitory serve as a fashionable hotel, Carnall Hall.

Great accommodation . Awesome staff. Rachael at check out is always a pleasure.

The location is perfect for campus, Dickson Street or the square in Fayetteville as all are a stones through. Razorback Stadium is an easy walk from the hotel. Bar offers a fun atmosphere after dark.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Steven N, Manager at Inn at Carnall Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Thank you for your review! We are glad you enjoy our hotel and convenient location on campus.
As one of our frequent guests we look forward to having you back again soon.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Think Ritz luxury bed, a gourmet chef with fabulous dining, all with small town friendly hospitality and unique, historical charm. While my first stay was due to a visit to the campus, the second was an emergency situation for my son who was, by now a student. It was "Parent Weekend" for UofA and to say there were NO ROOMS anywhere close to my son is dead on. He had suffered a severe concussion and I needed to get to him. The staff could accomodate for Thursday night but, of course, not guarantee the weekend. I took what I could get and just came! My son's Neurologist's appt was 8am the next morning. Steve Norton, Office Manager, who knew of my unique circumstances, took the time to call me while I was at the Dr's when he received a cancellation to see if I was interested in keeping my room. What an Angel. The restaurant fixed a wonderful meal "to go" (including a bailey's sorbee) that cheered my boy up. You won't find kindness like this just anywhere. This hotel...is a home.

Room Tip: This hotel used to be a dormitory. Embrace the charm. Each room is unique. The beds are comfortable...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

We appreciate your review very much & so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff is always here to provide the highest customer service skills and works directly with the University of Arkansas Hospitality department to ensure an atmosphere that specializes in Southern Hospitality! We hope you will come back and see us soon.