“Stash Rewards Traveler”

The Chancellor Hotel
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Fayetteville
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I recently had the pleasure to stay at the new Stash Rewards hotel partner The Chancellor Hotel. Was a wonderful property. The staff was wonderful and accommodating. Everyone from the bellman to the front desk were gracious with southern charm. The property is amazingly beautiful and steps from the campus of the University. To top it off, as a Stash Rewards member I was able to earn loyalty rewards points towards a future stay at any of the over 200 hotels in the Stash network!
I had the most restful night sleep ever (in a hotel). The property has installed the door slides that keeps light and sound out of the room. Wonderful addition!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Kendra_Chancellor, Reservations Manager at The Chancellor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Thank you so much for choosing The Chancellor Hotel for your recent trip to Fayetteville, Ar. We are very pleased to hear that we could make your stay comfortable & accommodating & that our Stash Rewards program is benefiting you in a great way!! We look forward to welcoming you back for future visits to Arkansas!!!

Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel has been through numerous owners and looks like they might have gotten it right this time. Completely remodeled in a contemporary motif, comfortable bed, and a really good staff. The location is off the square, near the U of A, boutiques, and several restaurants. Only complaint: no plugs near the night stands for phones.

• Stayed: November 2013
Kendra_Chancellor, Reservations Manager at The Chancellor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your recent stay, as well as, taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor!! We greatly appreciate the wonderful feedback!! We look forward to welcoming you back again for future trips to Fayetteville, Ar.!! Have a blessed day!!

Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed for a week at this hotel on business. The room and hotel were very clean. Staff was very helpful and friendly.
The room was average for spaciousness for this class of hotel. In-room amenities included a cube fridge, coffee maker, hair dryer, iron, iPod compatible alarm clock w/speakers and large flat panel TV.
I had two issues during my stay and both were immediately remedied when brought to the attention if staff. One was that the drain in the tub was clogged. The other involved a noisy neighbor on the second night. I was relocated immediately upon request. The doors that adjoin rooms have almost no sound insulating qualities and conversations held near the doors travels between rooms as if there is nothing but a cloth curtain.
The hotel is located in downtown Fayetteville with a lot of good restaurants and night attractions (sports bars and college bars) within walking distance.
There is no continental breakfast at this hotel as is frequently available at other hotels in this price range and that might be a nice touch. There is an on-site restaurant that serves a quick and tasty breakfast at a reasonable price. There is also a bar in the lobby that is good for an early evening drink with friends and/or for networking, if staying for a business conference as I was.
I'd stay here again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank FlagAZ-traveller
Kendra_Chancellor, Reservations Manager at The Chancellor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Thank u so much for choosing our hotel for your recent trip to Fayetteville, Ar. We also appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor! We do apologize for the noise and we will definitely address these issues with our staff. Again thank u for staying with us & we can't wait to welcome you back for future visits to Fayetteville!

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Loved the opportunity to stay near Dickson Street (less than 3 blocks). I stayed here for a friend's wedding and found the hotel to be lovely. Overall it was a nice experience, but I do have two recommendations. The parking garage is shared and I did have trouble with others parking in unauthorized spaces. After checkout I went to my car to discover an SUV was parked directly behind me and not in a parking spot at all. I would like to see the hotel pay a little more attention to the garage. Also, the pillows....worst pillow I've ever not slept on. I say that because I wasn't able to get much rest on such an awful pillow. Other than those two things, a generally nice hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Kendra_Chancellor, Reservations at The Chancellor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your recent visit to Fayetteville. We will voice your recommendations to our hotel staff & hopefully your next stay will be even better than the first!! You are more than welcome to ask for a different type of pillow as we do offer feather pillows at no extra charge! Thank you for reviewing us on Trip Advisor & we hope to welcome you back again for future travels here to Fayetteville, Ar.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

So I booked a room here solely because I had drinks here last spring and I thought it might be a fun place to stay. Apparently the restaurant and bar is going through a makeover, so the fun cool cocktail menu was no more!! Nevertheless, it's a pretty nice place to stay. It is close to Dickson St the main party place in town. The bar is till pretty nice though I missed those fun cocktails! The rooms look like something like from a Sheraton 4 points, very modern (the room was dark gray), almost spartan. It was also very clean and the mattress was comfortable. Being the picky traveler I was glad I asked to stay away from the ice machine because it was noisy!!! Also, picky me, I think with the price point this hotel falls under they should offer actual mugs and glassware as opposed to paper products in the rooms. We had a corner room though, and it was huge! I would definitely come back, just to see if they resurrect that bar menu :)!

Room Tip: Make sure you ask to be away from the ice machine. It sits directly in the hall and is loud. The cor...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your recent visit to Fayetteville, Ar. we are very pleased to hear that you had a great stay!! We will definitely go over the recommendations with our staff & hopefully make your next stay a better one! Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor can't wait to see you again in the future!!

Reviewed 7 October 2013

We recently stayed three nights at The Chancellor for Bikes Blues & BBQ. What a fantastic hotel! The rooms were very contemporary but comfortable. The bathroom/shower/tub was clean and spacious. The staff was very welcome to us bikers. the small touches (maps, towels, bike wshing station, etc.) did not go unnoticed. The front desk staff was extremly helpful and friendly. The only suggestion I have is maybe have another bar tender on staff. The guy that tried waiting on the bar was really busy so some people had to wait to be served. The location to Dickson Street was perfect. We'll definately be back!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Harvey_Chancellor, Reservations Manager at The Chancellor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Thank you so much for choosing The Chancellor Hotel for your recent visit & for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor!! We greatly appreciate the great review & can not wait to welcome you back for future stays here at Fayetteville!!

Reviewed 2 October 2013

This motel has had several incarnations, but this is by far the best yet. The location has always been good, but now the rooms are refurbished nicely, and the lobby and the bar have an urban look. The staff was very nice at the front desk. I didn't really have any dealings in the restaurant other than to pick up some yogurt.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Harvey_Chancellor, Reservations Manager at The Chancellor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your recent visit to Fayetteville as well as taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor!! We look forward to welcoming you back again for future visits to Fayetteville, Ar.!!