“Stay at HI Express Costly and Disappointing”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fayetteville-Univ of AR Area
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Fayetteville
Reviewed 15 June 2012

I traveled to Fayetteville in order to visit UofA with my daughter who will be attending school there. Out of the many choices of hotels, I chose HI Express. I was not overly impressed with the hotel but opted to stay since I would be there only one night. Checked out around 11:30 the following morning, took care of business at UofA and traveled back home (5 hours).Once home, and unpacking,I realized I left my IPod laying on the bed in the hotel room. 100% sure, I phoned the hotel (about 10:30PM) to ask for my IPod, of course assuming the cleaner turned it in. Was told that the cleaners were gone, they had no access to the housekeeping lost/found until the following morning, that someone would phone me. Not hearing from the hotel, I again called and was finally told that no IPod was turned in. Because I am positive I left my IPod in the room, I pressed the issue with hotel management who was dismissive. In defending his cleaning staff considered "trustworthy", management was sure to point out my negligence in leaving the device and questioned my character for accusing a cleaner of finding/keeping the IPod. If you choose to stay at HI Express, be sure to secure your valuables and certainly make sure you leave nothing of value. So in essence, my one night stay at HI Express cosst me about $300. Not worth it!!!!!! UNHAPPY GUEST

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Carolyn D
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fayetteville-Univ of AR Area, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2012

Dear Carolyn D,

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. I'd like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so I have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 12 June 2012

Clean and spacious. Bed was comfortable. We would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2012

The room was super clean and the bed was more comfortable than my bed at home. The breakfast was good and the hotel is convenient to many things, particularly the UA campus.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2012

The Fayetteville Holiday Inn express is a typical one, with a few minor exceptions.
The sink being right in the hallway is disconcerting. Above the sink, the light fixture was falling down. The handle on the toilet was broken and did not flush properly. The walls are paper thin, and you can hear everything that is being said or done I the next room, but I have found that to be typical of Holiday Express.
Since I have not had a good experience at any of them, I will be choosing another hotel chain for business tavel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fayetteville-Univ of AR Area, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2012

Dear KCman123,

I would like to thank you for your review and apologize that your experience with our hotel did not meet your expectations. I would greatly appreciate further information regarding your stay in order that I can investigate further.

I have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your experience.

Thanks,
Brenda J.
IHGCare

Reviewed 25 February 2012

I stayed at this Holiday Inn Express feeling confident that I could count on a clean room, and courteous staff. The girl who checked me in told me the only thing available was an office suite (priced higher than what I really needed). I took it because I didn't have time to be searching for another room. I left to go eat, and run some errands & when I came back, it was pretty late. I saw the drapes open in several rooms, & it appeared they were apparently not occupied for the night. I felt like the staff employee had been dishonest with me so she could rent me a higher priced room. When I got in my room (it had two king beds), I pulled the sheets back on the one I had planned to sleep in, & discovered body hairs ALL OVER the bottom sheet. It was DISGUSTING! The sheets on the other bed were clean. I told the girl at the desk the next morning & all she said was 'I will mention this to the cleaning staff.' I was very disappointed in this Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Sandi130
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fayetteville-Univ of AR Area, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2012

Sandi130,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. We’re sorry that you received service that was less-than-satisfactory. It is IHG's goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ben J
IHG Care

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Rooms are clean, spacious and convenient. Couldnt ask for more.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I stayed here for a night....the room I was in was massive, clean, flat screen tvs, fridge, oddly small bathroom.

I've stayed at a lot of priority club hotels, so I know how fantastic the staff can be. So take note, my expectations may be higher...but the girl who checked me in was unhelpful and not very welcoming---it was unusual for my favorite Hotel chain.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business