“Above Average for Hotel Class”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fayetteville-Univ of AR Area
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Fayetteville
Reviewed 28 March 2008

My wife and I stayed here for a friend's wedding. Overall, the hotel was clean, the staff was kind and the room was above average. There weren't many more options in Fayetteville near the wedding venue so I was a little nervous before staying here, but my wife and I were pleasantly surprised.

The continental breakfast was a nice touch. We had no real complaints and would stay here again. All in all, for the cost this hotel was a good value.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cheffreygo

Reviewed 18 February 2008

This hotel was really good! The rooms were spotless and the staff was more friendly than I have ever experienced at a hotel. I cannot say enough about the employees at this hotel, and I would recommend it to anybody staying in the Fayetteville/NW Arkansas Area. The rooms were HUGE (bigger than most for sure) and they had an impressive free breakfast (although I think it is now what every Holiday Inn Express has). It is not a brand-new hotel, but is large and appears to have been renovated recently and very well maintained. I have stayed at several hotels in Fayetteville, and I think this one has the best mix of amenities, comfort, and a reasonable price.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank tcf58
Reviewed 11 April 2007

I originally reserved my room for 2 nights to visit my daughter who goes to the Univ of Ark.. Upon checking in, i was given a room on the top floor (5th). Entering the room, i was overcome by the damp smell of mold. I went back to the front desk and politely asked to be moved to a different room. The young lady behind the counter informed me that there were no other rooms available. I tried to tough it out but had to check out early and find a new hotel. The big rooms and king size beds were nice touches but the overwhelming moldy odor ended it for me. Even my clothes reeked of mold afterward. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone who is sensitive or has any respiratory problems or allergies.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CowboyAlum
Reviewed 23 October 2006

We have stayed at this hotel for years. They have done a good job keeping it updated. It has large rooms, which we have found to be very clean, with comfortable beds and a choice of pillows. The free continental breakfast is fresh and has a good variety. The staff has always been very accommodating. It is above average for this type of hotel.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2006

Our family spent one night at this hotel while visiting the University of Arkansas. We had a nice, large room with 2 king sized beds. That was a very nice thing to have with 2 teenage boys having to share one bed.

The room we had was extra large and L shaped, with a separate kitchenette area. I'm assuming that all of the rooms are not this big, but ours was at the end of the hall, next to the stairwell, allowing room for the "L" shape of the room.

Our room was on the first floor, as I said, next to the stairwell, and across the hall from a door leading outside to the parking lot. It was a bit noisy in the morning with business people leaving early.

The beds were okay, but a bit too hard, but the hotel was bright and clean. My biggest complaint was that the room only had 3 sets of towels. This has become a personal gripe of mine. We have four in our family, and it irritates me to have to go ask for enough towels to accomidate our family.

The breakfast area was clean and bright and the food looked to be plentiful, although we did not eat breakfast. We did enjoy hot, fresh popcorn, and lemonade the afternoon we checked in.

All in all, I would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2006
2  Thank dcarson4
Travellers also viewed these Fayetteville hotels
Hilton Garden Inn Fayetteville
#3 of 23 in Fayetteville
Staybridge Suites Fayetteville/Univ Of Arkansas
Candlewood Suites Fayetteville-Univ. of Arkansas
Homewood Suites by Hilton Fayetteville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fayetteville-Univ of AR Area? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fayetteville-Univ of AR Area

Address: 1251 N Shiloh Dr, Fayetteville, AR 72704-6723
Region: United States > Arkansas > Fayetteville
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Fayetteville
Price Range: £83 - £128 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fayetteville-Univ of AR Area 2.5*
The Holiday Inn Express Fayetteville- University of Arkansas Area welcomes you to Northwest Arkansas! We are conveniently located in the heart of Fayetteville and Northwest Arkansas at the Wedington Drive/V.A. Medical Center Exit of Interstate 540 (exit 64), just a short distance from the University of Arkansas, Downtown Fayetteville, and the Northwest Arkansas Mall. All standard rooms are oversized and have two King-Sized Beds, Coffee-Maker, Hair-Dyer, Iron and Ironing Board, 52 Channels (including HBO, ESPN, and Disney), Microwave, and Mini-Fridge. Treat yourself to our Living Room Executive Suites, or get down to business in our Office Suites. Our free High-Speed and Wireless Internet and free Faxes and Local/Toll-Free Calls will keep you in touch while our new Fitness Center and Business Center will make your trip a pleasure. In the morning wake up to our Free Express Start Breakfast in our Newly Renovated Lobby, and sit down to read your Complimentary Copy of USA Today. You truly Stay Smart when you stay at the Holiday Inn Express of Fayetteville! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fayetteville-Univ of AR Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Fayetteville-Univ Of Ar Area