“Very nice hotel and a great value!”

Fayetteville Sleep Inn
Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Fayetteville
Reviewed 16 November 2010

I booked this through Priceline.com for $42 total/night. My business partner and I pulled up to the hotel around 11:30 PM after driving all day and we were greeted by a most wonderful front desk associate named Sandy, who not only checked us in with a smiling face and warm welcome, but also spent time talking to us about the hotel's amenities (free breakfast, free WiFi setup instructions, wake up call, etc.). She also pronounced my difficult (by American standards) name correctly and told us about her experiences in traveling the world, which was quite interesting. Since we were tired, we promised to extend our stay one more day at this hotel (we had more business work than anticipated) and that we'd speak to her the next day. After going to our second floor room, we were greeted by a clean and efficient room that is a little smaller than a standard hotel room, but was well laid out and thoughtfully organized. The beds were nice, firm, and outfitted with nice down pillows. The room was clean...I don't know what other reviewers are complaining about. Overall the value for this hotel room was excellent. I liked the thoughtful light switches and the ample power plugs. The bathroom has a sink and vanity outside with a toilet and a shower stall inside a sliding door enclosure. This helps to save space and makes for a nice and efficient setup. The hotel is located about 4 miles outside of Fayetteville, so you are somewhere out in the boonies in a large corporate/office park and you are surrounded by a few different upscale hotels. Actually, this little gem of a hotel is tucked in behind a Marriot hotel.

In all, I am very pleased with this hotel and the value it provides for a business traveler. I would stay here again and would highly recommend it to anyone. In fact, I am writing this review while I am using the hotel's nice and free WiFi.

This is the first time I've stayed at a Sleep Inn and I am happy I chose this hotel for the two nights.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
SleepInnAR609, Manager at Fayetteville Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2010

Thank you so much for the positive review! We strive to impress our guests by exceeding their expectations and I'm very happy to hear we did so! We hope you'll visit us again next time you are in the area!

Reviewed 25 June 2010

We have stayed in at least fifteen hotels over the last year to include Super 8 and Motel 6. Our stay at the Sleep Inn was easily the worst. Check in service was below average, our room was dirty, we did not recieve the room we had confirmed with hotel staff prior to arrival and several members of our group had to have their keys re done multiple times. We expect a clean room, not military clean, but at least the basics. The place had not been wiped down, there were dead bugs on the dresser. The beds looked like they had been made and then someone layed down on them. The lighting in the restroom was not that good so they must have thought that would hide the poor job of cleaning in there. I can get past the fact that the floor was wet from the A/C and vaccuming was not that great, but a lack of basic cleanup, courtesy and failure to provide what was confirmed cannot be excused. Of the fifteen rooms we reserved, nine had issues.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends

Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. I apologize these issues caused you to have a negative experience at our hotel. As a hotel, it is our goal to give our guests rooms so clean you'll want to tell your friends about it. I apologize on behalf of our hotel for not giving you a room that was cleaned to satisfaction. The proper steps have been taken to ensure that no other guests will experience these same issues. I understand how frustrating it is to get to your room and have to come back down to the front desk for new keys because yours are not working correctly. I've spoken with our front desk staff about what we can do to keep this from happening in the future. We hope with our efforts to improve every stay for our guests, you change your mind and try the Fayetteville Sleep Inn again next time you stay in the area.

Reviewed 27 February 2010

This hotel was a good value since I got it off of Priceline for half price a night, but i would not pay full price for this hotel. The blanket had hair all over it, all different hairs, as well as the sheets. Also, we had two double beds, one which we did not sleep in. We found rice in the sheets of the other bed we were using. location was good, right in the middle of town, i would recommend this hotel if you are picky, or if you get it for a great deal like i did. But if you are paying 60 a night for the room like they ask, you can get a much cleaner and nicer hotel for your money around town.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sku01
Reviewed 14 November 2009

They had my 2010 Camaro towed, it was taking up two parking spaces, and thats not allowed.
The hotel has a capacity of 61 guest rooms, so I'm guessing I might have been a little hard to locate maybe.
The laughing staff just had their last "funny" from this former customer.
My spouse and I are empty nesters and travel alot and stay at choice hotels; rather we formely stayed at choice hotels.
Unbelieveable

Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2009

Our family of two adults and two teenagers stayed here for one night while attending a basketball tournament. The best thing about it was that it is pet friendly. They do charge a $25 fee, but there were several people there with small dogs. They have a grassy area right outside a side door that was very handy to take my dog outside. Otherwise, this is a very basic hotel. We got a good rate of $64 and stayed in a room with two full beds. These beds are a pretty tight fit for two people. We asked for a roll-a-way which was brought up promptly with no extra charge. But we had to put the mattress on the floor because it was otherwise extremely lumpy and uncomfortable. All of the pillows at this hotel are down filled - I asked for a hypoallergenic pillow, but was told they only have down pillows. So if you are allergic, you'd better bring your own pillow. Our room seemed quite crowded with all four of us, and only had a shower, with no tub, but the bathroom sink and the toilet were separated by a pocket door, which was nice. The room was pretty clean and the furnishings seemed new.

They do not have a swimming pool, but guests who stay here can use the indoor swimming pool at the Fairfield Inn which is about 50 yards away, just across the parking lot. The free breakfast consisted of juice, coffee, cereal, some fruit (that was past its prime) and a waffle making station where you can make your own waffles. I did not see any pastries, but they might have all been gone when I got there. Most people were just getting juice and coffee. We ended up going down the street to Village Inn for breakfast. There are several good restaurants very close by. You could easily walk to a Chili's restaurant that is practically in the same parking lot. The service was good - the workers at the front desk were very accomodating to all of our requests. I would probably stay here again - primarily because of their pet friendly policies - but don't expect anything fancy.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank tgspch
Reviewed 16 September 2008

I needed a place to stay at the last minutes because my original plans didn't come through as I hoped. So I needed just a place that I could get ready for a night out and sleep, nothing special nothing fancy, so this hotel was the best choice. However being that the hotel only provided the basic needs I think it was probably a little over priced even for my travel agent discount. But maybe it probably could be due to the fact that the Fairfield was right next door.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 27 June 2008

Here on family business and needed basics---clean, new nice. Sleep inn delivered. Make sure you book the room on internet before to secure the best rate. Staff was on the whole helpful. Breakfast room was average.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)