“Travelodge Fayetteville...suprisingly great. An old brand is getting a new name Travelodgical! Razorbacks take notice!”

Days Inn Fayetteville
Ranked #17 of 23 Hotels in Fayetteville
NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

Spent Thanksgiving week at the Travelodge in Fayetteville, Arkansas. Checked Tripadvisor...as we always do...before going and it had great ratings and a great price, $52 a night! Was pleasantly surprised at how clean it was. The rooms had NO ODOR of any kind, bad or good, which was a surprise. Sometimes hotels over perfume a room to disguise an odor or it just plain smells bad...this room was odor-free which to me meant it is clean! Heater/AC was a little noisy in Room 103. It was winter so the pool was closed. The breakfast bar had waffles, cereal, muffins, fruit cups, coffee (was great), juice, milk. It could have used some protein of some sort. The staff was super nice and it was really quiet. Don't let the exterior fool you....it looks a little older but I wouldn't stay anywhere else for the money. Conveniently located to everything! All you Razorback fans that are on a budget...you just found your new favorite place to stay!!

Room Tip: Some rooms have double queen beds.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Rosebud, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

I booked this room for my husband and myself for the Bikes, Blues, and BarBQue rally back in March 2013. We were looking forward to this trip since neither one of us had been there, but unfortunately my husband's Aunt passed away unexpectedly and we had to miss the trip due to him being a pallbearer. Now as soon as I found this out, I called the hotel to cancel our reservation, (which was a week before our original check in day)and they then told me that I would have a 1 night fee anyway because it was not canceled 15 days before. I explained to them that we were planning on coming and had no idea that this was going to happen(she was not ill). One of the managers, Kim, told me that she would check with her general manger and see if they could get the charges waived since this was unexpected, which we were very grateful for. I called her and she said that the gen. manager, Cal, did agree to waive the charges. I asked for a confirmation email showing that I owed nothing with a confirmation number, which I did receive, and still have!! In October 2013, I was checking my bank statement and noticed that I had a charge from Travelodge, $162 (one night stay), which I wasn't supposed to be charged for, nor did I have any notice that they were going to do this!!! I was LIVID!!! I called to try to resolve this issue and was told that they had an audit and had to charge me.. Really?!?! After you told me that I wouldn't be charged!! That is NO way to run a business!! I have been getting the run around ever since with no resolution..But I will not give up on this, because this is not right how they treat customers. Its not about the money anymore, it's the principle!! I will NEVER recommend this hotel to ANYONE..

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Fayetteville hotels

T, Tx
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

I booked this room for an employee to use. I spoke multiple times with Cal, the owner/manager because I needed to do a credit card authorization for my employee to check in without having my credit card with her. I appreciate the caution regarding credit card security.
When I received the receipt, there were Miscellaneous Charges of $15...$10 for housekeeping, and $5 for a safe. Now, I've been staying in hotels more than 200 nights every year for over 33 years, and I have never seen an additional charge for "housekeeping"
Would you be surprised to hear that CAl never mentioned these hidden fees to me when we spoke on the phone?
The employee I sent to Fayetteville doesn't usually work that area, but I have 7 other folks who work for me who do. I will never book another night at this property, and I will inform the rest of my team to never use this property again
There are a lot of people travelling of business who have to find clean, safe lodging within limits set by their employer. It's a huge problem for them when they find HIDDEN FEES tacked on to their bill.

Room Tip: Chose a different hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Conway, Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

The Room was clean and nice for the price. My main complaint was that when I went to check out the lady at the front desk was rude to me when I complained about the extra $10 charge they tacked on my bill for housekeeping. She told me it was like a tax, but it was not in the price they quoted me when I booked the room. I was there for 4 days and did not use the housekeeping service during my stay so I didn't feel like I should pay an extra $10 for it especially since it wasn't in the quoted price.

One morning I went to get coffee and when I got back my key would not unlock the door. The staff couldn't get it unlocked either, so I was just standing around outside waiting on the maintenance man to come and get the door open. After about an hour and a half, they opened another room and let me sit in there until he finally got it opened.

I will be going back to Fayetteville for two more weeks but will find another place to stay due to the rudeness of the front desk person.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MegsPhoto
Dierks, AR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

Checked in early because we arrived in Fayetteville esrlier than expected, front desk clerk very friendly and helpful, the room was very comfortable, clean, access to highway was easy, we had a very restful night, quiet. I would definately recommend this hotel and whenever we visit family up that way we will stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a long weekend seminar at the university. It's not a five star hotel but what do you expect for under $50? The room was huge the Internet was fast for a hotel and everything was clean enough

My only comaint is that the place is a pain to get to. If you are coming from the university you have to wander through parking lots to get back to the hotel

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank LordRaiden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013 via mobile

We checked in on a busy weekend. The girl at the front desk was very sweet and allowed us to check into the room early, even though it was well before 1:00 check in time. Room was clean and smelled fresh. There is an outside pool and a breakfast each morning. There were many customers at breakfast in the morning but desk clerk did a great job keeping everything stocked and clean. Guy at night was great at giving us directions as we had never visited fayetteville before. My only complaint was we had to come and get towels because maids didn't clean our room before we showered the next day. Would stay again. Great value

• Stayed June 2013