“Breathtaking views”

GreenLeadersGold level
London, United Kingdom
“Breathtaking views”
Reviewed 14 May 2013

This place was a recommendation and now its my turn to recommend. Spacious room with everything you need. Best of all was the view. Watching the wild Atlantic waves crashing against the shore was spellbinding.
Went next door to the pub "The Venue" for dinner. Excellent food and again great views of the Atlantic.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
DavidMcCoy, General Manager at Strandhill Lodge and Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
Dear Deeroc

Thankyou for your recent review on tripadvisor - i'm delighted all was to your tastes and you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always nice to hear that someone was referred to us and in turn that their recommendation was well founded.

Thankyou for taking the time to review and your positive recommendation.

David McCoy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Bronx, New York, United States
Reviewed 5 May 2013

My recent week long stay far exceeded my expectations by a stellar mile. With a friendly and attentive staff, manager David McCoy, along with associates, Linda & Lisa, made me feel as if I were at home. No request was too small nor too large for them to tackle. My room was immaculately clean and spacious. Equipped with a flat screen televison, tea kettle, safe, cooler, ironing board, & hair dryer, I had everything I needed right at my disposal. Not to mention an incredible view of the Atlantic ocean! And P.S...the continental breakfast was ample and offered something for everyone. I hope this is the beginning of a long love affair with this establishment. I cant wait for my return trip. Dont even bother with any other hotel in Sligo...just book your room right here...you wont be dissappointed.

Room Tip: Every room offers a spectacular view. The best tip I can offer is book early!!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Dear James

Thankyou for taking the time to write your such a positive review on tripadvisor. I'm delighted that you enjoyed all the amenities and that your room was to your taste.

We are blessed with great staff in Linda and Lisa; as well as Brid and the girls in housekeeping. I'm delighted that they all attended to your needs.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2013

We stayed for one night as part of a one week break in Fermanagh. Arrived earlier than check in time, but this was not a problem. We were greeted warmly by David who checked us in and then proceeded to explain the features of the hotel, where everything could be found internally and also where we could dine and shop in the area. The reception area was bright and user friendly as was the dinning and guest sitting area. on being shown to our room we were pleasantly surprised at the size and how well equipped it was, also the view was excellent. The room had a very fresh and warm feeling and was spotless. Breakfast was continental but was plentiful in selection with something to suit everyone. I would certinly stay at this hotel again and would highly recommend it to all travellers.

Room Tip: Book Early
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Rinkey123

Thank you for taking the time to review and I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm happy you like the furnishings and the relaxation area. The balcony rooms are indeed relaxing and enjoyably spacious - especially when the sun is shining!

I hope we will see you again soon and I look forward to welcoming you back.

north west
Reviewed 29 April 2013

I wasn't expecting anything special here, the photos don't really do it justice, but we loved it. We booked a suite which worked out at 35 euro each for three including an excellent continental breakfast. The decor was fresh and tasteful, the little kitchen was well equipped and the sheets were new and crisp. The light in the room was amazing with a great sea view from the velux windows. Staff couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. They don't have a bar or restaurant but the Venue is right next door and it's only five minutes down the hill to the beach. I've booked a weekend in July, this time with a balcony to make the most of the stunning views.

Room Tip: The suites don't have balconies but they still have nice views.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Dear North-West Lulu

Thankyou for taking the time to review I'm glad that you enjoyed staying with us in April. Our Suites are very popular and spacious giving guests that little extra space in which to enjoy your break. I'm glad you found the staff friendly and helpful I hope this added to your experience.

It is great that we have such a top class restaurant and bar next door to us with live music and stunning views over the bay and coupled with the rest of the restaurants in the village it makes for a great local atmosphere.

I'm delighted to see that you have rebooked and I look forward to seeing you in July.

Leitrim, Ireland
Reviewed 25 April 2013

We stayed here as a group in April and were delighted with the standard of the facilities. Having stayed in apartments in other locations, I certainly didn't expect these to be so nice! The manager was so helpful, even looked after my sick friend! The rooms and bathrooms were gorgeous and very clean. Breakfast and relaxation facilites were lovely. Can't say enough about the Suites and the management and staff. Thanks and see you again in the future!

Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Dear AnnieW666

Thankyou so much for taking the time to review; I'm delighted that on your return visit that you equally enjoyed your stay. It means a lot to all of us that our guests return to us time and time again.

If our standards do not meet your expectations we would of course always appreciate the feedback. I look forward to welcoming you again soon.

colchester
Reviewed 15 April 2013

3rd stay here and the standards never change, always a great welcome usually from David I don't think he is ever off duty!" Nothing is too much trouble for them , you get brilliant views from the rooms, details about all the venues in Strandhill and around the area, can't wait till my next visit.

Room Tip: All rooms are good either overlooking the Atlantic Ocean or Knocknaree mountain.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
DavidMcCoy, General Manager at Strandhill Lodge and Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 26 April 2013
Dear Anniew666

Thank-you so much for your positive review... and I'm delighted that you felt our standards did not diminish after your 3rd stay here.

I'm glad the staff were able to assist you in your requirements and were accommodating for you.

I look forward to welcoming you again soon if i can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to let me know.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 9 April 2013

I really can't recommend this hotel enough - I It has everything you need to make your stay in the beautiful village of Strandhill absolutely perfect. It has a truly great location, the rooms are of the highest standard, the view from our room was simply breathtaking, it has all the modern amenities you'd need and the staff were just so helpful throughout our whole time there. The hotel is just at the foot of Knocknarea on one side and has the beautiful backdrop of Strandhill beach on the other side. It is beside a pub which serves great food and has music and is just up the street from the beach and all the shops and restaurants. The breakfast was so nice and plentiful and the little touches of having a video library and a great iPod speaker in the room all serve to a great experience. I have very fond memories of my whole time spent in Strandhill and this is in no small part to the relaxing time spent in the Strandhill lodge. It is an absolute pleasure to give this hotel 5 stars and I really can’t wait to get back again.

Room Tip: The views overlooking the sea are simply breathtaking
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Skin77
Dear Skin77

Thank-you so much for taking the time to write your review; i'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you loved the location. We do strive to ensure that our rooms remain at a high standard and we did some minor refurbishments in January in order to keep the rooms fresh and current.

Our location in the heart of the village and so much about us, is one of the main reasons guests enjoy staying with us. .. so as a package Strandhill has much to offer - the magnificent views among them.

You are very kind with your praise and I am really delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much - amenities and the little extras do sometimes add a little bit extra to the stay but it is to ensure that you can maximise your visit to Strandhill.

I'd be delighted to welcome you back to Strandhill again soon and if i can help with the booking please do not hesitate to let me know. In the meantime thank-you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor and i look forward to seeing you again soon.

David
Also consider these accommodations in or near Strandhill
Riverside Hotel
#5 of 8 in Sligo
Sligo City Hotel
Sligo City Hotel
#6 of 8 in Sligo

Been to Strandhill Lodge and Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!