“Short Stay - Excellent”

Strandhill Lodge and Suites Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Strandhill
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Checked into the Strandhill Lodge and Suites Hotel for one night with friends (5 ladies - a triple room & a double room).
Friendly greeting to an immaculately maintained and contemporary reception area. We had help carrying our bags to our room. The triple room was spotlessly clean and furnished very well - lovely bed clothes, good TV and an IPod dock. Very clean bathroom with lots of fluffy towels. We slept very well - beds were very comfortable. Shower was hot and ample. Buffet breakfast the following morning was great - numerous breads/pastries, eggs, cheese & meats, juices, yogurts etc. Checkout was quick and easy. Would absolutely recommend.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
DavidMcCoy, General Manager at Strandhill Lodge and Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

Dear Hankat

Thankyou for your review and for taking the time to do so. I'm glad that you and your friends enjoyed the room and the location. I am delighted that we exceeded your expectations with the breakfast and the service and I hope we get an opportunity to welcome you all back in the future.

Thanks again for taking the time.

Reviewed 31 May 2013 via mobile

Had a wonderful stay. Easy to find. Lovely views of the ocean. Breakfast was great even thought there was no hot option, lots of choice with breakfast pastries, breads, yogurts, etc. I can't wait for my next visit to Sligo, will be staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear Chefmcknowall

Thankyou for your recent review on and i'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Im glad that you enjoyed your breakfast and the difference that it offers. I look forward to welcoming you back and if I can be of assistance in booking please let me know.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We had such a lovely experience on a recent weekend spent at the Strandhill Lodge Hotel. It was a family gathering and several cousins and their families spent the weekend in this friendly and luxurious accommodation. We had taken two suites and some rooms and could not have been better pleased with the service, the comfort and the overall ambience. I cannot recommend it highly enough and look forward to going there again as soon as is possible.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Dear ClareH

Thankyou so much for taking the time to review. Im delighted that you and your family enjoyed your time in Strandhill. Its great to hear that you all enjoyed your stay and the area - it is lovely when families get a chance to be away together.

I hope that we will see you all soon in Strandhill and I look forward to welcoming you all back on arrival.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

This is a top notch establishment situated in a perfect location. Spacious, very well furnished rooms with superb views over the Atlantic, staff extremely pleasant and helpful.
You will need a car to make the most of your trip to this part of Ireland but the roads are great and free flowing, and after a good day out a return to this hotel will only enhance your day.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Apricots33

Thank-you for taking the time to review and I'm delighted you found all to your liking - we are blessed with our location and to be surrounded by such a magnificent vibrant village.

With so much to do on the peninsula you are indeed correct about the need for a car to explore to the full extent but even if you do not the bars and restaurants and the beach are a 10 min walk and if you like relaxation there are few better places.

Thankyou again for your review and I look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 14 May 2013

This place was a recommendation and now its my turn to recommend. Spacious room with everything you need. Best of all was the view. Watching the wild Atlantic waves crashing against the shore was spellbinding.
Went next door to the pub "The Venue" for dinner. Excellent food and again great views of the Atlantic.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Deeroc

Thankyou for your recent review on tripadvisor - i'm delighted all was to your tastes and you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always nice to hear that someone was referred to us and in turn that their recommendation was well founded.

Thankyou for taking the time to review and your positive recommendation.

Reviewed 5 May 2013

My recent week long stay far exceeded my expectations by a stellar mile. With a friendly and attentive staff, manager David McCoy, along with associates, Linda & Lisa, made me feel as if I were at home. No request was too small nor too large for them to tackle. My room was immaculately clean and spacious. Equipped with a flat screen televison, tea kettle, safe, cooler, ironing board, & hair dryer, I had everything I needed right at my disposal. Not to mention an incredible view of the Atlantic ocean! And P.S...the continental breakfast was ample and offered something for everyone. I hope this is the beginning of a long love affair with this establishment. I cant wait for my return trip. Dont even bother with any other hotel in Sligo...just book your room right here...you wont be dissappointed.

Room Tip: Every room offers a spectacular view. The best tip I can offer is book early!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo

Dear James

Thankyou for taking the time to write your such a positive review on tripadvisor. I'm delighted that you enjoyed all the amenities and that your room was to your taste.

We are blessed with great staff in Linda and Lisa; as well as Brid and the girls in housekeeping. I'm delighted that they all attended to your needs.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 May 2013

We stayed for one night as part of a one week break in Fermanagh. Arrived earlier than check in time, but this was not a problem. We were greeted warmly by David who checked us in and then proceeded to explain the features of the hotel, where everything could be found internally and also where we could dine and shop in the area. The reception area was bright and user friendly as was the dinning and guest sitting area. on being shown to our room we were pleasantly surprised at the size and how well equipped it was, also the view was excellent. The room had a very fresh and warm feeling and was spotless. Breakfast was continental but was plentiful in selection with something to suit everyone. I would certinly stay at this hotel again and would highly recommend it to all travellers.

Room Tip: Book Early
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Rinkey123

Thank you for taking the time to review and I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm happy you like the furnishings and the relaxation area. The balcony rooms are indeed relaxing and enjoyably spacious - especially when the sun is shining!

I hope we will see you again soon and I look forward to welcoming you back.

David McCoy

Also consider these accommodations in or near Strandhill
Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Sligo
Sligo Park Hotel
Sligo Park Hotel
#4 of 8 in Sligo
Yeats Country Hotel, Spa and Leisure Centre

Been to Strandhill Lodge and Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!