“"A weekend to Remember"”

Strandhill Lodge and Suites Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Strandhill
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We really enjoyed our stay here. The rooms were lovely, and the staff were great and very willing to help. While staying here we managed to squeeze in horse riding, long walks on the beach over to the airport and we even treated ourselves to a seaweed bath! It was great to be beside all of these things! I'm looking forward to returning.

The views from the bedroom were fantastic.The bed too, was big and extremely comfortable, making getting out of it very hard, Plus the the added touch of having an Ipod dock beside the bed... best idea ever! for playing music and charging our iphones. There were also great restaurants and pubs in the vicinity, so no need to drive! A complete stressless weekend if there ever was. Just have to go back again soon!

I would highly recommend the Strandhill Lodge and Suites to anyone who is visiting the Strandhill area.

Peter & Ruth

Room Tip: Try and request a room with a balcony
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BluePeter1978
DavidMcCoy, General Manager at Strandhill Lodge and Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Dear Bluepeter72

Thankyou for taking the time to write your review on tripadvisor. It is great to see that you had such a jam-packed weekend and experienced so much of what the area has to offer..

I'm delighted that you enjoyed the room and the amenities therein they are aimed at providing travellers with luxury and comfort. The aim for anyone going away for a few days is to relax and distress so i'm glad that we assisted in someway in doing this.

Thankyou again for your kind review and I hope to see you both in Strandhill in the near future.

David

Reviewed 10 June 2013 via mobile

This is a lovely hotel. Very spacious, comfortable rooms. The breakfast provided catered for all tastes and requirements. The staff were extremely courteous and helpful. The rooms were reasonably priced. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Mairead72

Thankyou for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the furnishings and amenities to your taste.

Thankyou for your recommendation and I look forward to welcoming you back soon again.

Reviewed 9 June 2013

This is a very nice recently built small hotel in Standhill, a little village by the sea in County Sligo. The atmosphere is casual and intimate. It is located a bit off the normal track, but just down the hill is a wonderful, almost American-style beach community with surfing schools and good restaurants. "The Venue" pub adjacent to the hotel provides excellent seafood and other good food in a quaint atmosphere. Our room was spacious and included a wired internet port as well as free Wi-Fi. There was adequate storage, the bed was comfortable and power points were plentiful. Best of all, there was a balcony overlooking a broad meadow to the sea. This is a comfortable hotel in a convenient location: highly recommended.

Some minor issues: A continental breakfast was included, but no full breakfast was available at the hotel. Our television kept losing some channels, however the manager found and corrected the problem. Although a business centre is advertised, there was none to be found.

Room Tip: Rooms have either countryside or ocean views, so state your preference during the reservation proces...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
DavidMcCoy, General Manager at Strandhill Lodge and Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

Dear WDB44

Thank-you so much for taking the time to review and for sharing your experience. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found it relaxing.

My apologies for the mix-up regarding the TV channels and while the WIFI was working there was a problem with the wired connection in your room - fortunately it was just a cabling issue and has since been resolved. Due to our recent refurbishments we have erected signage with an intention to develop our business centre after remodelling our breakfast room and residents lounge - our Business centre will be completed by the end of June 2013 so it will be in operation by that time - i'm sorry if you were inconvenienced when you tried to use it. We do have a laptop which guests can avail of in their rooms I am sorry if this was not made clear to you.

Im glad that you availed of the locality and the Venue restaurant is a great place to dine in the evenings especially with those great sunsets. We strive to meet our guests needs and so its always nice to hear that guests respond to them so well so thank-you for your kind comments about the rooms.

I'm delighted you enjoyed the stay and found it relaxing for your time in Sligo - I hope if you are in the area again we will see you both again. Again thankyou for your review and if I can be of any assistance in future please do not hesitate to let me know.

Reviewed 7 June 2013

We stayed overnight in may 2013, the staff were professional helpful, the rooms were spacious and well maintained this modern hotel was a pleasure and we highly recommend it. The restaurant
next door is both convenient and the food was great.

Room Tip: Sea view room was spacious and had great sea views
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Dougpullen

Thankyou for taking the time to review. I'm glad all was to your liking and that we exceeded your expectations and you enjoyed your brief stay with us. If you are passing by in the future I hope we shall see you again.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

My husband and I stayed here for two nights on a recent surf trip to Sligo.

Although our stay was short, we thoroughly enjoyed it. The hotel was spotless, we had an amazing sea view, the buffet breakfast was endless, it was good value, but above all else the staff were amazing - courteous, friendly and hugely helpful (particularly regarding dining options in the town, local scenic drives, and ensuring that we were well looked after and in need of nothing!!!).

I am a fussy patron and I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear Karenfitz

Thank-you for taking the time to review; its great to receive such a positive review and I'm glad that all was to your liking. The seaviews are magnificent and it adds to the experience when you are in such a scenic and beautiful area... Im glad you enjoyed the breakfast we try and accommodate as much as possible and offer a comprehensive and healthy option.

If I can be of assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact me and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

Checked into the Strandhill Lodge and Suites Hotel for one night with friends (5 ladies - a triple room & a double room).
Friendly greeting to an immaculately maintained and contemporary reception area. We had help carrying our bags to our room. The triple room was spotlessly clean and furnished very well - lovely bed clothes, good TV and an IPod dock. Very clean bathroom with lots of fluffy towels. We slept very well - beds were very comfortable. Shower was hot and ample. Buffet breakfast the following morning was great - numerous breads/pastries, eggs, cheese & meats, juices, yogurts etc. Checkout was quick and easy. Would absolutely recommend.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Hankat

Thankyou for your review and for taking the time to do so. I'm glad that you and your friends enjoyed the room and the location. I am delighted that we exceeded your expectations with the breakfast and the service and I hope we get an opportunity to welcome you all back in the future.

Thanks again for taking the time.

Reviewed 31 May 2013 via mobile

Had a wonderful stay. Easy to find. Lovely views of the ocean. Breakfast was great even thought there was no hot option, lots of choice with breakfast pastries, breads, yogurts, etc. I can't wait for my next visit to Sligo, will be staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear Chefmcknowall

Thankyou for your recent review on and i'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Im glad that you enjoyed your breakfast and the difference that it offers. I look forward to welcoming you back and if I can be of assistance in booking please let me know.

David McCoy

Also consider these accommodations in or near Strandhill
Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Sligo
Sligo Park Hotel
#4 of 8 in Sligo
3 mi away
Yeats Country Hotel, Spa and Leisure Centre

Been to Strandhill Lodge and Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!