“Fantastic Meal on Mothers Day”
Review of Whitehorses

Whitehorses
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Ardmore
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 March 2014

There were a group of eight of us here today for Mothers Day Dinner. We don't really like going out for food on this day as it can be hit and miss in Restaurants when it is so busy, this certainly was not the case today.

I had the Prawn Cocktail in Avocado to start with, gorgeous! I also got a taste of the Pate and it was lovely.
I had the Seabass for Main Course, others at our table had the Beef, Lamb and Chicken Kiev (homemade) and every body was very happy with their Main Course.
The deserts here are fab, a choice of nearly 20! What we love about here is that certain deserts you can have a half of one and half a portion of another.
Today I had the Chocolate Fondant, which you have to have as a full portion. It was served heated with Chocolate and White Ice Cream, devine!
I mentioned when we arrived that it was my Mothers Birthday, the Chef came out with her desert and sang Happy Birthday, a really lovely touch even if she was Mortified after it!

Thank you very much Whitehorses for a fantastic meal and service again today.

There are newer reviews for Whitehorses

Reviewed 27 December 2013

We really enjoyed our meal here. We had black sole - huge portions and wonderfully fresh and steak - again very good. The desserts were fantastic - the rhubarb crumble tasted almost like my mother's did - and she was an excellent cook. The service was good and the wine selection was also good. The restaurant was full on a gloomy sunday in December which says everything. My only criticism was the ambiance. The restaurant is decorated like a day time coffee shop which it clearly is not as the food is so good. Although the owners do not need to do anything as the food speaks for itself, a little money on updating the furniture and surroundings would make this place truly special.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Dined here one evening with family. I had pre-booked the table as it can be quite a busy place, we got a lovely table & the atmosphere was homely and cosy. One of the owners came to show us the menu which was literally thrown at us with no smile on her face & no friendly chat.

I was surprised at the price of the starters some were €12.00, we placed our orders & within minutes the starters arrived. For the main we all ordered steaks & one of us had asked for their steak to be cooked well done however, when it arrived it was pink in the middle with blood running out & they asked for it to be cooked more. This was done but unfortunately we had all but finished when their steak came out which left one person eating on their own which was not much good. One point I would like to make is the temperature of the plates they were way too hot you would get a nasty burn if you touched them. The desserts were beautiful such a choice.

All in all we had a lovely evening, the food was scrumptious but we felt the customer service and the prices leaves this place down.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Great service, excellent menu, excellent cook, unbelievable chef & desserts gorgeous. Beautiful restaurant.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

We love going to the White Horses from time to time. It is family run and the food is wholesome and freshly prepared. The service is very unsophisticated as you would expect in a small country village restaurant and the food is prepared in simple rustic style. The portions are generous and the tastes are delicious. Our favorites are the steaks and the chicken dishes. The prawns main course is always poor value, very few prawns and very high prices. Having said that the deserts are wonderful and probably keep the punters coming. The lunch menu is the best value as the dinner menu prices are like upmarket Dublin for the same food you'd get at the lunch. Can't understand why they haven't got into cheaper versions of the menu or early birds but I suppose the folks who go to the Cliff House are not fazed by the prices here. We did notice some Americans who though ti was over priced and just had a started and desert each. Lovely place to come to on a SUnday afternoon in the Summer but make sure you book ahead of time