Cliff House Hotel
Hotels.com
Garryvoe Hotel(Garryvoe)
US$207
US$196
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,872 results
All reviewstasting menumichelin starmichelin restaurantoutdoor jacuzzicliff walkardmore baybar restaurantmain restaurantamuse bouchespecial treatrelaxation roomspa facilitiesoverlooking the seatop classamazing hotelterrace suitethe general manager
Reviewed 4 July 2014

This unbelievable property is absolutely the place to relax and enjoy a bit of Ireland with spectacular views. Our family stayed here as a celebration for my mom's 75th birthday. After about 20 minutes inside we knew we did not want to leave. Everyone is lovely, accommodating and makes you feel at home from the moment you walk in. Each room is beautiful and homey, has a view of the water, a gorgeous, spacious bathroom and wonderful sound system that has Bluetooth. My nephew found this resort online? We told him he set the bar extremely high! The town is small, so you'd need a car to explore other towns nearby. Again, we really had no reason to explore because we had so much fun hanging out at the pool, the bar, spa and the view. Take a walk up the cliff and around as it is spectacular. The staff could not have been nicer as we emailed about plans to get there, book spa appointments, high tea and our birthday dinner. We spent some quality time with Pat and Kenneth at the bar tasting the local whiskey. Our last night we thoroughly enjoyed a celebration meal at the restaurant. I took pictures because the creativity could not be believed. Even if you have other plans make a point to come see this exquisite gem!

Room Tip: Room 34 had two balconies and a larger living space, however, every single room is simply gorgeous!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
AdriaanBartels, General Manager at Cliff House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear Jsibell

Well what can I say - it is easy to look after nice people and your family are just the nicest family!

We loved having you all stay and hope you enjoyed the rest of your travels around Ireland.

We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back one day.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Was there wednesday 2nd July. We had our king charles dog with us so I went into reception by myself to ask if they would permit the dog in the outdoor area while we had coffee. Lady at reception was lovely & stated dogs not allowed in hotel but outdoor area was fine. She asked that we carry the dog while going through the hotel to get to the outdoor area which we had no problem with & totally understood. It was when we arrived at the outdoor area our views on this establishment became very negitave. Although greeted by a nice girl a man quickly appeared wearing a suit & by the obvious look of disgust on his face I immediately knew he had a problem with the dog so before he had chance to say much I informed him I had ask at reception & there was no problem. It was what he said to the girl appalled me " put them down there right at the end". I felt like we were just dirt in his eyes. We quickly ordered our drinks ( €4.50 for small cappo & €4.00 for hot chocolate) the hot chocolate was to come with cream & marshmallows so I asked to exclude the cream. It was served without marshmallows too & when I ask where they were I was told they had none left. Had I known this beforehand I would have just ordered coffee. Anyway I won't be going back so rest assured castle house hotel...there are many great hotels out there that actually respect people.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Trishbowe

Dear TrishBowe

What a pity.
I checked with the manager in question and he recalls the incident clearly - the table he showed you to was the last one left available. Funnily enough his mother owns a King Charles too so he has no problem with dogs at all either. I am really sorry that whatever way this matter was handled came across negatively - please know that this was not the intention at all and we would love to have you come back any time.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Just back from a fab mini-break in the Cliff House Hotel. I just couldn't get enough of the view out over the sea - a definite highlight was breakfast outdoors on the decking neath the sun. A big thanks to the manager on duty, Ken, who made sure we were well seated on numerous occasions; also to Lyndsey in the spa. The food lived up to expectations - The House dining is definitely an experience. Strange that feedback forms aren't in the rooms but I will fill out the Relais & Chateaux form and send back!!

Room Tip: We had room 25, Terrace. As far from reception as you can get... Very quiet!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
AdriaanBartels, General Manager at Cliff House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Etwomey

Thanks for your very nice review. I am glad that Ken, Lyndsey and the rest of my team looked after you so well. We appreciate the feedback.

Looking forward to welcoming you back again,

Kindest regards

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stayed for one night deal in June 2014.
very impressed with everything .Room was beautiful even if it was a trek to find it but what can one do when the hotel was built into a cliff !! We had a lovely balcony and the sun did shine for us.
Food was really super. The 3 breads on the table were amazing .Your baker knows his trade . Dinner was an occasion with each course being individually crafted.
service was beautiful without being intrusive .
After dinner we went to the bar for a drink but thought there was little atmosphere there.
this is a magnificent hotel and well worth a visit for that special occasion.
I did think that breakfast was not of the same very high standard as dinner the previous evening

Room Tip: Room with a balcony is a must during summer months.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Tom H

Thanks so much for your review. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon,

Kind regards

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I think the selling point for the Cliff House is certainly the location. Peace just settles over you when you arrive (after the very narrow approach which was a little tricky for drivers used to driving on the other side of the road). The views are spectacular with changing light making the view mesmerizing. The service was quite good except in the bar restaurant where it was very personable, but slow at times due to the number of tables both in and out on the patio to serve. The food was good but not memorable.
We did not eat in the House Restaurant which, as they will frequently remind you, has a Michelin star. The cost was too high (95 euro for the tasting menu/145 euro with wine, and 70 euro for a three course dinner without wine) and the menu on display showed the food to be a little too fussy for our taste. When I see a menu that still features "foams" I usually pass. And I think it is still acceptable to call "beef tea" bovril except maybe on Michelin star restaurant menus. All in all, that sort of food doesn't really interest us.
I gave the hotel a very good rating despite the culinary issues because of the eager service and location. It just can't be beat. And you can go down to the village to the Whitehorses Restaurant for dinner and have a proper meal.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear PamS123

Thank you for your review.

We appreciate your comments but please know that the menu does not feature any foams and our Beef Tea is certainly not Bovril.
We are proud of our Michelin accolade - being one of only eight restaurants in the whole country to have one star - so my apologies if we over egg the custard on this one but I take your point.

Yours sincerely