“Liked what I saw.”
Review of Round Tower Hotel

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Ardmore
“Liked what I saw.”
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

My Wife and I stop off at this hotel today for lunch. I was delighted to see a hotel that know there stuff. Food was very good, I had the stuffed pork steak and it was to kill for, my wife Theresa had the beef and she was very happy with it. We are two chefs with out own bussness so we know what we are talking about. The dining room was great and was very well decorated, well up to 2013 standers. Can't wait to stay at this hotel which I will do in early 2014 and will report back to this site again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Thebiker50
Ardmore, Owner at Round Tower Hotel, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Dear Thebiker50,

Thanks so much from all of us here at Round Tower Hotel for taking the time to review our Sunday Lunch. Glad you enjoyed it and I will pass on your review to the chef.
Look forward to welcoming you back when you are travelling in the Ardmore area.

Co. Wateford

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I have many wonderful memories from my youth in Ardmore and this trip was to revisit some of them and make new ones. This one night stay definitely made for a new memory! Aidan Quirke, the owner, was on hand to welcome me and very hospitable and friendly. Having checked in, and given my room key, I climbed up the carpeted stairs and down the narrow corridor. As much as I tried I could not get my key into the very loose door handle. Very frustrating. Back down stairs to call Aidan for help.He struggled a little and then opened the door. The room inside was small but enough for one and the bathroom was fine too, except for the shower door entry space. Decided to go back out for another while before retiring for the night and this time unable to lock the door. Called Aidan for help and a simple knack was applied. Later enjoyed a very comfortable night. Bed so very comfortable, but not for anyone over six foot. Tea/Coffee making facility in the room with little biscuits provided if wanted. As I was up before breakfast, I went for a walk down to the seafront (5 to 10 min walk). Refreshed with clean sea air, back for breakfast and it was delicious and plentiful. For all its little hiccups, this hotel is a must for anyone staying one to two nights in this area. Ardmore has lots to offer in all seasons. Lots of walks, beach and cliff both with great scenery. Aidan is a mine of Information about local and surrounding areas and what they offer. Great new memories have been created that one day will be revisited again !

Room Tip: Single room tip: space is very narrow - Beds not for anyone over six foot. Bathroom: shower opening...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Ardmore, Owner at Round Tower Hotel, responded to this review, 6 October 2013
Dear AngSolo,

Thanks for taking the time to review. Glad you enjoyed your visit to Ardmore and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Ardmore, Co. Waterford
Carlow, Ireland
Reviewed 5 September 2013

The friendly staff compensated somewhat for a dining room from the 1950s and mediocre food. Five of us visited here on a Saturday night in August. A decent pint from a good barman raised expectations that were firmly shattered on entering the dining room. It was like walking onto a film set of an old movie.
We had a good laugh with the young waitress however the food left a lot to be desired. Overcooked and bland is the kindest description I can offer. I won't be back.

3 Thank Declan D
Ardmore, Owner at Round Tower Hotel, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Dear Declan D,

We've completed a full refurbishment of the hotel dining room just in Spring 2013 - see traveler photos 7 and 8 on this website. Far from 1950s. Your review of hotel and our food is not at all consistent with what our customers have been telling us this summer. Your review has me baffled to say the least. I have contacted you personally, please call me to rectify.

Aidan Quirke,
Proprietor,
Round Tower Hotel,
Ardmore,
Co. Waterford,
dublin
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Had a superb weekend with 3 of my friends. Hospitality was fantastic .
Whilst the bedrooms are small, they are excellently decorated with very tasteful decor & comfortable beds.
The staff are very friendly & accommodating & the food was also excellent, both at Dinner & Breakfast.
Entertainment was both on Friday & Saturday night & was very good & most enjoyable!
Anytime I visit Ardmore I always dine in the hotel as it is excellent value for money & I have never been disappointed!
I highly recommend this hotel to all. One would be hard put to find 100% satisfaction in any other establishment!

Room Tip: Bedrooms are small but as one only needs abed to sleep in & a bathroom to wash in this didn'...
1 Thank mlelsc
Ardmore, Owner at Round Tower Hotel, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Dear Mlelsc,

Appreciate so much your positive review and glad you and your friends enjoyed your visit to Round Tower Hotel & Ardmore.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Ennis, Ireland
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Was in Dungarven for the weekend's Sean Kelly cycle and stayed in Ardmore . Fantastic well run family hotel and great friendly atmosphere . All the rooms have been recently done up and the hotel is in great condition and great value for money . would recomend it thoroughly !

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Tom L
Ardmore, Owner at Round Tower Hotel, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Dear Tom L,

Thanks a lot for your review. Glad you enjoyed your stay during the cycle race. Appreciate the feedback and have passed it on to our staff.

Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We were three friends staying for one night in August 2013. The hotel is well situated in Ardmore, within easy walk of everything.

I had booked the hotel over email and we got a single and a twin room at a reasonable price. Aidan, the manager, was very helpful and is a great asset to the hotel. The hotel has a nice bar and the breakfast was really good.

The reason the hotel is getting three stars and not more is the rooms. The rooms are quite small, the bathrooms a bit cramped, and the décor is dated. All up, the hotel served its purpose for one overnight stay, and for the price it was reasonable.

1 Thank Martin_the_Dane
Ardmore, Owner at Round Tower Hotel, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Dear Martin_the_Dane,

Thanks for your positive and constructive review. Review title is a bit misleading though.

Hope you and your other two friends enjoyed your golf trip in Kerry.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I stayed in Round Tower from 16th July for 3 nights, I was really impressed with my stay, the room was adequately clean and comfortable, the breakfast was fab, I ate in the garden out front each evening, and the food was excellent. Aidan couldn't have been more helpful, will definitely return.

Room Tip: Speak to Aidan before you go.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank eniacon
Ardmore, Owner at Round Tower Hotel, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Dear eniacon,

Thanks a lot for your warm review, I will pass it on to my staff. It was great to have you with us during that lovely hot weather in Ardmore.

Look forward to welcoming you back.

Co. Waterford
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ardmore
Cliff House Hotel
Quality Hotel & Leisure Center Youghal
Garryvoe Hotel
Garryvoe Hotel
#1 of 1 in Garryvoe

Been to Round Tower Hotel? Share your experiences!