“more like a hostel than a hotel.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Austin Friar Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mullingar
Austin Friar Hotel
Ranked #19 of 20 Mullingar B&B and Inns
Dublin
“more like a hostel than a hotel.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

Stayed here for a hen party recently.I wouldn't call it a hotel more a hostel. Rooms are big but very basic with a tiny old telly.. breakfast was nice, and guy at desk was very friendly and helpful as was the night porter but all in all this a more a hostel than a hotel... would definitely not stay here as a couple.. for a gang of girls on a hen it did the job !

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank dalyemma

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Longford, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

I have had the pleasure of staying in this hotel, bringing loved ones for birthday meals, communions and parties... I found the staff very friendly and helpful. I think it has a lovely warm atmosphere and always enjoy relaxing in the bar having a drink with friends and family. It is a very clean hotel and the food is always cooked fresh. I find the owners James and Kerry very attentive and helpful and would go out of their way to assist you in any way they can. Rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. I will definitely be back in the future and have never had any problems.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Limerick, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Little difficult to find at first, but once we arrived it was great! Lovely young lady checked us in, with plenty of info on where we could eat and things to do, she even booked or table at restaurant uptown and rang for our taxi! Room was huge! Plenty of room! Breakfast was cooked fresh and was delicious. Was expecting a buffet like many hotels but this was fab! Will definitely be back in the near future!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Johnhhill
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Place was a shambles no drink on draught in bar only Heineken and Murphys rooms were not up to standard one person doing reception and bar no car parking have to keep going out put ticket on your car as have to park in super value car park had to ask for tea and coffee in room as cleaners didn't leave any when doing room would not recommend this place to anyone terrible place to stay should be classed as a hostel not a hotel

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kevin W

Travellers are raving about these Mullingar hotels

Mullingar, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Went in to have cup of tea. Proceeded straight to bathroom with my 2 yr old son. Yelled at my female staff behind bar that toilets were closed. Proceeded to use toilet anyway as 2 yr old don't wait, verbally abused by this staff member coming out of toilet, needless to say I didn't stay for tea. Never so shocked, such a despicable place, never have i been spoken to like that and in front of my child. Unbelievable.

Stayed March 2014
3 Thank 1jean29
Enniskillen, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

Booked this hotel for a 2 night stay with a friend. I made the reservation over the phone and was told that the bill would be pre-authorized on my card. I found this a little unusual but decided to go ahead anyway. Foolish decision on my part. 3 days before we were due to arrive I rang the hotel to inform them that we would be arriving late, approx 10:30pm. Its was then the management showed their true colours. I was rudely informed that check in finishes at 10pm sharp and i would not be allowed to stay. I was shocked at this policy as ive never heard of a hotel being this stringent on check in times. I should add that i was told there was a night porter but i could not check in with him either. i was also rudely told that my card would be charged for the full amount and even though we asked to transfer our booking to another night, i was then told we would not be staying here again. The actions and policies of the management in this hotel are nothing short of extortion!! We ended up staying in Annesbrook house hotel nearby and its a great place. Avoid the Austin Friars Hotel at all costs!!

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!!