“The customer is not always right! visit left a sour taste..”

JP's Steak House & Italian Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 80 Restaurants in Mullingar
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Open 7 days per week JP's Steak House Italian Restaurant provides the very best cuisine in Irish Steak and local fresh ingredients. All of our meat is from An Bord Bia approved suppliers and is hung for a minimum of 21 days for maximum tenderness. All of our meat dishes contain mince made in house from the off cuts of Fillet and Sirloin steak. Our 100% steak mince is used in our Fresh Lasagne, Home Made Burgers and Bolognese sauces. We also have a wide-ranging menu for Vegetarians and Gluten Free options for Celiac requirements on all of our dishes except Pizza and Pasta. Seating capacity for up to 70 people open 7 days per week. Takeaway menu also available. Wheelchair Access & Facilities.
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Very nice decor and a warm friendly place to be, sadly the eating experience did not match the early expectation. Mary had nice fish cakes to start I had the Jumbo Prawns which were slightly under-cooked. Mary ordered the Burger which was delightfully presented stacked high with onion rings, accompanied by a nice bowl of fries. I ordered the rack of lamb which had a €7.95 supplement. There was a strange sour flavor to the meat and I asked for medium, it was decidedly raw in places. The wines were good, so no complaints here. When the table was being cleared mentioned the sour taste off the meat. This was conveyed to the chef. On presentation of the bill, there was no discount, I had expected that the supplement at least would have been removed. I queried this and was told that as I hadn't complained during the meal, my complaint was not upheld. Bizarre. Eventually a new bill was presented without the supplement. Which I paid and left a modest tip. No complimentary drinks offered either unlike many of the restaurants we use in Mullingar. Considering our bill was €100, a bit more customer care is in order. Overall experience left a sour taste. Pardon the pun.

1  Thank 9Hostages
There are newer reviews for JP's Steak House & Italian Restaurant

Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

I have been in Jp's twice now and both times were just brilliant. The food is fantastic and everyone has to try the Jack Daniels sauce !

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Was in JP’s for the first time at the week-end for a new year’s meet-up with a large group of friends. What a pleasant surprise! Very comfortable and relaxed atmosphere. Having travelled a nice short journey by train from Dublin, I was first to arrive and the friendly staff cheerily kept me company until the rest of my party arrived. There were a few small children in our group who were made very welcome and their every need accommodated to without any prompting. We tried the house wine to start with and liked it so much that we ordered a few more. The main highlight however was the food. It was difficult to choose a starter as they all sounded so appetising. On recommendation from the staff, I went with the golden mushrooms and was not disappointed. They were fab. Between everyone in our group, I think we had every type of steak on the menu and we were all raving about our respective choices. I went for the Sirloin which was delish and cooked exactly how I like it, but next time will go for the steak on a stone which looked delicious and fun to cook. I topped it off with my favourite desert, Affogato al caffè, and we all rolled out very happy campers indeed...already plotting our next visit.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

a group of friends went to Mullingar and happened upon JP's , I gotta say that the food was amazing, the staff friendly and professional and all in all it was one of the best restaurant experiences I've had. I had the fillet and would have gone for the hot stone option only we had kids at the table. the steak was perfection and the sides amazing! Went with the restaurants recommendation on wine and was not disappointed. This has got to be one of the finest steakhouses in Ireland. Thumbs up to you guys, keep putting on a good show!

Reviewed 24 November 2013

I have been to JP's on several occasions with family and friends and I can honestly say I have never been disappointed. The food is always delicious and fresh in nice size portions and the service is brilliant! We have a little girl of 6 yrs and she loves going there because the staff always make a fuss of her...I would highly recommend!