“Great Spot on the N4”

Add it.
the covert
Cuisines: European
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Alan and Darren provide great food and services at reasonable prices. Darren creates his own sauces and fresh local produce daily. Good for lunch and early dinners. They do the typical Sunday lunch but A La Carte recommended.

1  Thank Bill M

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I've visited the Covert on several occasions (this week was the most recent) and it has consistently served good, unpretentious food.
Over the year, there has been different chefs coming and going; but, the food quality and cooking standard has been very good.
You look at the menu; look at the food at the serving counter....and you get what you see.
It's always a no-fuss and straightforward meal.
Roasts are the main courses; soups are made in-house;
My sole gripe are the prices charged.
I think business would be back to the 2005 levels if the prices were more attractive.

3  Thank joe f
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I stopped off at The Covert for soup and a sandwich with a colleague of mine while on business and I have to say the 'homemade' soup was bland and tasteless. The sandwich was ok. The staff were friendly and attentive but I feel they need to improve the food. Value for money was average.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Had a meal there recently and the food was delicious. It was a little bit off the beaten track but well worth the effort.

1  Thank ShazzaCSM
Reviewed 18 February 2014

As a group of three adults we headed in for lunch just before twelve o clock. The prevailing smell of damp as we entered the building was off putting but was less evident in the restaurant itself. The staff member we met, who may or may not be the owner, informed us that the carvery lunch would not be available until half twelve. That was fair enough and we were handed a breakfast menu and told we could also have sandwiches. One of our group went to the toilet and another person was heading out for a ciggy when the staff member asked if we had decided what to have. A strange time to approach a group to take an order! On looking at the menu we decided not to stay as we really wanted a dinner as opposed to a breakfast or a snack. As we left the premises the staff member/ owner sarcastically sneered "it would have been nice if you had asked if you just wanted to use the toilet" totally inappropriate as it was obvious that we, initially, fully intended eating but did not wish to wait for the carvery.
I found this insulting, rude and unjustified. I cannot comment on the food as we didn't eat there but if looking for somewhere to eat in the area I would advise that Weir's in Multy or The Park Hotel, Mullingar are far far superior.

3  Thank Pindle1965