“Love the New Menu”

Ranked #6 of 80 Restaurants in Mullingar
Price range: US$13 - US$23
Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Old House Restaurant is a hidden gem, nestled in the original cellar of the 17th Century Annebrook House Hotel. With its original limestone walls and fireplaces, is truly is a unique setting. The Old House Restaurant offers a wonderful dining experience, with several interconnected dining rooms offering comfortable, private dining. Enjoy the culinary creations of our Head Chef, showcasing the finest of European & Irish produce and complemented by our cellar's extensive wine selection. We pride ourselves on elegant and attentive service, making every meal a consummate occasion.
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Ate here earlier this week & as a regular customer of the Old House its great to see some new additions to to the menu, Loved the new starter of black pudding, pear & blue cheese but was relieved to see that the braised Beef Cheek was still there. I was informed by our server that this is the most popular dish on the menu & it will remain! Happy to hear that!! Enjoyed a fab panna cotta for dessert & it was just perfect, though my partner claims her raspberry meringue,sorbet combination topped that. The jury is out!!!! All in all a great dining experience & look forward to returning soon.

6  Thank gargal

Reviewed 6 March 2014

I would like to review this restaurant as i reviewed the hotel last Sunday. I have been to restaurants all around the south east of England and i must say this a em when i come to Ireland on business. I did not book a reservation and i was looking to eat at 8.30 on the Saturday. I was hoping i could get a table for one as it was extremly busy. But sure enough the Restaurant manager was very helpful in finding me a table. I ordered the house red wine ,which complimented the food in which i will review..I started off with Caeser salad which was very nice.The croutons and bacon where lovely and crispy to compliment my taste. And for the mains i ordered the Sirloin Steak .My preference was a lovely juicy rare steak. The sides where champ mashed potatoes.. Everything was perfect,The steak cooked perfect and the veg lovely and fresh.I was still a bit peckish so i asked the waitress could i order a side of chips, which was no problem and they were lovely homemade fries. I then ordered the apple pie with cream and ice cream, Very nice and the pastry was lovely and soft.. Meal over i finished with and espresso. All and all great night,good atmosphere and value for money. I arrive again in Ireland soon and looking forward to eating again here.Highly recommended and enjoy.

6  Thank gavbkk83
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Having visited this restaurant several times in the past I can offer nothing but praise to the highest degree, The Old House Restaurant never fails me. On this occasion I dined with my friend, to start we were greeted by the Manager who was indeed very pleasant as was all the staff. I had Caesar Salad to start and Cheek of Beef for main course and Apple Pie and Custard for dessert, all of which tasted divine and presented like a picture, too good to eat!! As it was my birthday myself and my friend received a complimentary glass of champagne and strawberries, my dessert plate had HAPPY BIRTHDAY inscribed, was really nice touch. Will be back again soon.

8  Thank Shandel2014
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I have visited this restaurant several times and I have to say it is definitely the best in Mullingar.
I opted for the goats cheese to start & steak on my last visit and it was absolute perfection!
Everything was cooked perfectly and presented beautifully.
The staff were very attentive throughout all of my visits, they never disappoint.
I can't wait to go back for some more exquisite food that will tantalise my taste buds!
Fantastic restaurant, if you haven't given it a try already then it is a must!

8  Thank Emma C
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We went there on Saturday night with two couples. One couple was ahead of us and they were put in a little side room. When we arrived we happen to run into the other couple, there was no staff to acknowledge us or to take our coats.

Since it was Valentine's weekend there was only a short menu available of €35. When the first set of drinks came out they were pretty much all wrong. Since we were in a separate room it was hard to get the attention of the staff to get another round of drinks. The food was only just ok, nothing special. The dessert was a major disappointment: they were clearly prepared in advance which resulted in stone cold dried out desserts. Even the chocolate smear on the plate was frozen rock solid and the fruit coulis had a thick skin on it. My friends coffee arrived 10 minutes after the dessert.

Thank God my friend had a clutch bag which she kept on the table because by the end of the meal herself and her boyfriend were sitting with their chairs in one centimeter thick water. The water was creeping up towards me and I did have my bag on the floor. The toilets were behind the wall we were sitting beside and when we notified the waitress she said 'That happens a lot'

We will never go again.