“Staff”

Mullingar Park Hotel
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Mullingar
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Staff in this hotel are amazing so friendly and helpful couldn't do enough. After my accident in hotel tele staff was on the ball to make sure I was ok and even rang me the next day to see if I was ok such a lovely friendly place and would recommend it to anyone. And hopefully I will make a wee trip soon I didn't stay in it was in for work purposes but hopefully will stay in the near fucture but a big thank you to the staff for all your help.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Chanel M
CRM123456, General Manager at Mullingar Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Reviewer. Thank you for your review and your wonderful comments regarding our staff. We appreciate your recommendation. I do hope the next time your travels take you to Mullingar you will get a chance to stay overnight here at the Park Hotel, Kind regards, Matt O Connor Managing Director

There are newer reviews for Mullingar Park Hotel

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We are the Phil Mack Show and have just read a report from Steve B, as far as we are concerned he must have been at another Hotel. The staff were absolutely great, so VERY helpful, courteous and especially the girls at the reception who were so polite and welcoming. It was our second time at the Mullingar Park Hotel putting on our show and hope to be back again next year. The Mullingar Hotel is a fantastic hotel, and would love to go back as a holidaymaker some day.

Well done to all the staff.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Veronica M

Dear Reviewer. Thank you for your review and I am delighted to read your kind comments for our staff, and the hotel in general. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in any capacity be it "holidaymaker" or work related, Kind regards, Matt O Connor Managing Director

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Nice clean hotel but unfriendly staff especially at the reception desk, a smile,a please ,a thank you & eye contact goes a long way. breakfast was ok & on time room service, room was nice and clean but view of roof was a let down. overall a lovely hotel but a staff overhall or a staff customer relations course well needed!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Steve B
Mullingar-Park, General Manager at Mullingar Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Reviewer. Thank you for your positive comments regarding the rooms and food standards here at the Mullingar Park Hotel. I was disappointed to hear your experience regarding our staff please be assured this is not our normal standard of service. I will pass your comments on to the management team for review. I welcome your feedback which is invaluable to us and I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future. Kind regards, Matt O Connor Managing Director

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed 1 night on 20th June after attending a wedding there. The hotel was very nice , clean and large. The gardens were lovely. The reception area was large and airy . The staff were very friendly and dealt with everyone quickly. The rooms were lovely and comfortable . The bed was a proper double bed and was very comfy. The bathrooms had a bath with a shower attachment, which was lovely and powerful. Also shampoo, body lotion and shower gel supplied. The room had an iron and ironing board, hair dryer and tea, coffee making facilities. The only thing wrong was there was no air conditioning and it was a very warm night. Breakfast was included in the room price and was lovely . You could have Irish breakfast, cereal or continental. I believe there was also swimming pool and gym but did not see this. A lovely luxurious hotel .

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Mullingar-Park, General Manager at Mullingar Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Reviewer. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted to read your praise for our staff, service, rooms and food, I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future should your tavel plans take you to Mullingar. Kind regards, Matt O Connor Managing Director

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Having never been to Mullingar before we decided to stay in the Mullingar Park Hotel . It is a new ( ish ) hotel I believe . We arrived on Friday evening and there was a wedding reception in progress . The reception staff were friendly and welcoming . The room was spotlessly clean . As we had travelled from Cork we decided to eat in the hotel restaurant , and even though it was very quiet, the food was excellent and the wine list was comprehensive and very fairly priced . Breakfast the following morning was an elaborate affair with a great varieity on offer . Staff again were pleasant and helpful . Overall a very posistive experience , I would nt hesitate to recommend this hotel

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
CRM123456, General Manager at Mullingar Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Reviewer Thank you for reviewing the Mullingar Park Hotel I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the staff helpful and friendly. I am also pleased about your comments regarding the cost of your stay here in Mullingar as we pride ourselves in offering "value for money" to all our guest's. Customer service is of utmost importance to us and our staff will be delighted with your compliments.
The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Mullingar Park Hotel in the near future.
Kind Regards,Matt O Connor Managing Director

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I really like the hotel and often stop in for a beer or some tasty food.
I just wish that they would spend some money on the chairs in the bar as they are dirty and the springs are gone. my tip... find a non fabric chair!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank irishman007
Mullingarparkhotel, General Manager at Mullingar Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your review about our bar. The bar chairs are currently in the process of being reupholstered. Some are already done and for the others our interior designer is awaiting the fabrics to come in so we can proceed. Don't think for one minute we haven't already noted your observation.

Thanking You,

Matt O'Connor
Managing Director

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I had breakfast in this hotel on five consecutive days recently and would like to share my experiences with anyone interested.
The dining room is spacious and comfortable and the tables are set with white linen cloths and presentable silverware. The music is of the classical variety and is set at quite a low volume so it is not obtrusive. Breakfast is an all self-service affair which is situated in a well set out anteroom off the main dining area. This helps to keep clutter and human traffic to a minimum.
The hotel has come up with a neat solution to the slight burns one gets when opening the covers of the several bains-marie used to keep the food hot. And that is to tie a cloth table napkin around the handle. Brilliant! And the plates are heated in a plate-stack warmer which however could have been set a little hotter in my opinion.
As for the food: the orange juice is described on the menu as been freshly squeezed but it is not. And why is it not freshly squeezed? Is it so difficult to do? In Paris recently I was given a knife to cut the orange and the citrus press took 30 seconds of work. It was worth the effort. It always is when you taste the result!
Back in Mullingar there is a good variety of foods on offer including smoked salmon and fresh fruits galore and there is also a white fish option but no kippers which surprised me somewhat. On several mornings I had the pancakes which were of the French crepes variety and which I really enjoyed. On another occasion I had the fry from the buffet which was not too bad. However the sausages were described as being golden fried. But I have news for the chef! When I came to them they were almost black and that was quite early in the morning. And the black and white puddings were crusty on the outside from hanging around keeping warm which makes them a somewhat unpalatable. However to make up for that the coffee and the cakes and breads were all first-class. And there is a large lounge to relax in afterwards if one has the time.
Essentially, in spite of the criticisms, breakfast here was mostly a satisfying experience particularly when I had the pancakes which were really very good. And at €15 for the full meal or €10 for the continental variety it represents very good value for money. Recommended for the hungry early morning traveller.

Room Tip: I did not stay in the hotel so I cannot make a recommendation.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for reviewing your breakfast experience with us. Your comments will be given the attention they deserve so our chef is aware of the issues your raise. Otherwise thank you for your observations as we do appreciate feedback such as yours.

With my best regards,

Matt O'Connor
Managing Director

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mullingar
Bloomfield House Hotel, Leisure Club & Spa
Crookedwood House
Crookedwood House
#5 of 6 in Mullingar
Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort

Been to Mullingar Park Hotel? Share your experiences!