“Great B&B - but no cooked breakfast!”
Review of Mullingar B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mullingar
Mullingar B&B
Ranked #14 of 19 Mullingar B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here a couple of times, and would have rated it highly. The beds are super comfortable, the rooms are clean and a nice size. I've had really great breakfasts here in the past, and was really looking forward to it at my most recent stay, however there was none! There was a "continental" breakfast. It consisted of a loaf of bread we could toast, and some cereal! We were so disappointed! I actually don't think I'm going to stay here again. I felt really cheated as there wasnt a standard breakfast! The room was the same price as usual, but we got far less service!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank annIe-Lou-c

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I stayed here for four nights as I was working in this part of the country. Very central location less than 5mins walk to main street. Basic bedrooms, comfortable and warm, hygiene standards are very good. Management could not be more helpful friendly and courteous. If you need any extras in your room just ask, they are more than happy to accomodate you. One of the most comfortable beds I have slept in, in a long time. Top of the range orthopedic mattresses! Don't be put off by the cheap rates, would definitely book in again if I'm in the area again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank MaireadClarke
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Great value for money.
Friendly and helpful staff, confortable beds, spacious rooms, very clean, excellent location. Fully recommendable! We even got a discount on the second night without even asking! That has never happened to me before.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jordi B
Reviewed 17 September 2012

We stayed in the Mullingar B&B in September. It is very reasonable for a Saturday night at €60 for a double with a full breakfast included. The B&B is not conventional in that it is not someone's house. It is a building with small rooms off a court yard, each private and because you are not in someone's house you are never disturbing someone what ever time you come in at. The rooms are clean and spacious. A bathroom and wardrobe in ours. We had a very nice breakfast. Stephen was very friendly and made a very good full Irish fresh from scratch. There was also fresh fruit and cereal, toast and tea, coffee and juice. Considering hotels start from €85 in the Greville Arms to €140 in The Park hotel on a saturday night it really is great value and totally central unlike The Park. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 July 2012

We stayed here for one night in May (little late with the review, but still!). I am a light sleeper and requested a quiet room. i actually got one!!! There was no traffic noise, or from other guests. The rooms is nicely but simply furnished and clean. The bed was nice and comfy too! Breakfast the next morning was wonderful. It was perfectly cooked and delicious. I also have to commend them on having a proper teapot and a proper coffee pot. I like having distinct pots rather than the standard generic pot that seems to be a favourite these days, it is a nice touch. The decor was tastefully done and there was no rush to hurry us out the next day. The only quibble is the lack of parking. I suspect a couple of spaces could be marked out, however there is the council car park across the road so its not a major problem. As to location, the b&b is in the centre of town. It happens to be right across the road from a really good pub with live bands-which also makes my quiet bedroom look heaven sent! There are also several nice rstaurants within a couple of minutes walk. I would most definitely stay here again on a return trip to Mullingar.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sall3rs
Reviewed 17 June 2012

We didn't have a luck at this time - we've got I think the worst room in entire b&b. But I have to say despite this, the room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. We stayed in Mullingar for only one night - for birthday party, and the b&b is in fantastic place, just in the middle of the town, so there was walking distance to all the pubs, restaurants and town centre.

The service is not that good, as they can't manage to serve all the guests for breakfast - there is only two people preparing food. However they were very nice and tryied to do their best.

Room Tip: the rooms on the ground floor are very good - on the first floor need some refurbishment, quite to o...