“great weekend with the women”

Annebrook House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Mullingar
Dublin, Ireland
“great weekend with the women”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

loved everything about this hotel.the whole place was spotless and the location ideal for shopping and dropping.we all found the food excellent and ate in for the three nights we stayed there.the staff were attentive and very friendly.in particular i would like our waitress Fiona who looked after our party so very efficiently. Thank you Fiona. The bar staff also were very friendly. entertainment was provided every night in the form of live music followed by a disco. i honestly cant think of a single thing that wasent done to make our stay a very enjoyable experience and will be back for more.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank noahsnan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Ireland
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I was really looking forward to my nights stay. The hotel is in a good location in the town and easy to access. One of my friends arrived before me (who I gave the booking ref no, to) but was told at the desk they didn't have me on the system for that night and maybe that is why the room that we were given was just not up to par as far as I am concerned. The shower in the room with a double and single bed didn't work, the hairdryer in the double room didn't work. There were only 3 glasses in the kitchenette, there were four of us in the room and there was no teacloth as I like to wash anything I use first and while there is a dishwasher I wouldn't use that for just a plate. I don't understand the size of the kitchenette when it is not stocked with sufficient crockery - do you have to bring you own? There was one small bowl and a few plates. I told the receptionist about the shower/ hairdryer on checking out - no apology for that. So basically 4 women all had to use one shower and one hairdryer and the receptionist didn't think that to be an issue. I was not pleased with lack of interest shown but as there was a queue at reception for people checking out from a wedding I didn't ask for a manager as one of the girls was a rush home. I thought she could have at least offered a room discount to us as a goodwill gesture. Instead I was being charged an extra EUR 10 for the room compared to the price agreed when I booked - well to be expected I suppose when they hadn't taken the care to book me onto their system properly. I booked this about a month in advance. So that is why I can only give an average mark. We ate in the restaurant that evening and no complaints, all enjoyed our meal. We also went to the bar and the 3 piece band was very good and the dj also was very good so we had no quibbles about that, as we didn't want to have to venture out on the town so late after dinner. Would I go again? Maybe, but I would inspect the facilities more thoroughly on arrival and double check they had my booking before I arrived. One last thing - the remote controls for the TV/ DVD were filthy, so not sure on attention to detail by housekeeping supervisor, if one exist.

Room Tip: I found the aparthotel room I was given (132) to be very noisy during the night - it seemed to be th...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank RealReview
Martha C, Sales and Marketing at Annebrook House Hotel, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Needless to say we are disappointed to hear about your experience. I have discussed the matter with the Front Office Manager. There was no complaint logged however we welcome your review so that we can have a look at some of the issues internally. The apartment 132 is not a self catering apartment and so not fully equip for same. If we receive a booking for self catering we allocate different apartments.

We have highlighted the issue with maintenance regarding the shower and we are having this looked at. Please forward your email to me on mclancy@annebrook.ie as I would like to speak to you personally on the issue.
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Stayed over last weekend and couldn't fault anything. Would highly recommend. Staff food hotel all first class! Will definitely stay again. Very good value for money. Entertainment in bar very good .used room service for breakfast next morning and it arrived very prompt and was lovely . Stayed in apartment very spacious .

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank PeppardDublin
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Just back from the Annebrook hotel again & I have to say it gets better & better every time we visit . 21 women went family & friends ages ranging from 23 to 82 . The apartments are gorgeous and the bar and entertainment is brilliant . We sang and danced all night & the staff couldn't have been nicer . The food is top class too . A great time had by all thankyou.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Mullingar
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We were a party of 6 celebrating a 50th birthday. The staff were most helpful in allowing us to decorate the table with balloon etc. The meal taken from their standard menu was excellent, The only comment I can make was that the sweet, sticky toffee pudding, was very dry and not enough toffee.After the meal the hotel reserved a corner of the main bar where additional family and friends joined us for the live music and dancing. Thanks Annebrook.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I stayed for my friends wedding in March 2013 and as part of the wedding party, I could see how well the bride & groom were treated on their big day. They were fantastic!

I had a great experience with one of the receptionists, Clancy (not sure if that's correct), we had not booked the second night as we were unsure if would would stay. When I checked in, I queried the possibility of booking the second night and was advised that there were only a small number of rooms available and to book as soon as I could. I only made the decision to stay at 11am the morning after the wedding, my partner did have to leave, but said I would chance my arm to see if I could keep the room a second night, with check out being at 12 I didn't hold much hope. Anyway, I popped down to reception and was first told that there was no rooms, a quick check was done and one had just become available. Few clicks later I was handed a new key card and told to stay where I was and that I didn't have to move rooms! Delighted!

The room was reasonably priced, very clean and comfortable. Food is fabulous, both the wedding meal and the meal we had the following night.

Would highly recommend!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Antrim, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2013

My wife and I had a three night stay in this hotel recently. Our first surprise was that we were upgraded to a two bedroom apartment. The facilities were excellent and there was a view overlooking the adjoining park. A buffet breakfast was included and was served in the comfortable dining room. Meals and snacks were available in the bar and restaurant. We would not hesitate to recommend it. We will be back.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mullingar
Mullingar Park Hotel
Crookedwood House
Crookedwood House
#5 of 6 in Mullingar
The Johnstown Estate Hotel

Been to Annebrook House Hotel? Share your experiences!