“Major Rip Off”
Review of RENFE

RENFE
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I would give this a minus rating if there were one. A word of warning if you are planning on any train travel with Renfe please book well ahead on line!!!!!!! We wanted to travel from Barcelona to Madrid, thinking we could get the tickets when we were in Barcelona. I tried two days before travel and was told that 3 different credit cards were not acceptable. I went to the train station the day before travel and was told I could only purchase tickets on the day of travel. After going to the train station the next day again our credit cards would not work and we would have to pay cash. Unfortunately there were no tickets available except for first class seats, the price in effect more than doubling, and they insisted on cash. We waited for several hours as the supervisor from each train comes 1/2 hr before that train leaves and lets you know if there are seats available on that train. This is my worst moment of travel in Europe and if you are planning train travel in Spain book ahead, and check out other web sites to get tickets. A friend got his ticket only through the site of a third party re-seller after failing to at the official website.

All reviews
"public transport"
"travelled by train"
"scenic journey"

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I booked online with trainline, 21 days before I travelled, return tickets from Seville to Cordoba. I booked the mid distance train, instead of the express, saving myself lot's of Euros. O.K. it took one hour twenty minutes, each way, but I was in no rush, being on holiday. Two night's In Cordoba, then returning to Seville. It worked great for me, reserved seats, 21Euros return ticket. Thank you Renfe. I'll do it again.

1  Thank CharleyNottinghamUK
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Taking the overnight train from Madrid to Lisbon looked like a fabulous adventure. Websites described the lovely dining and breakfast experience (free to grand class customers). THIS NO LONGER EXISTS.
There is an uninviting cafe car which was poorly stocked. The staff were lacklustre.
The train and cabin was old, very loud and very uncomfortable. The toilet/shower was passable but in need of updating. If you want a relaxing journey and a good night's sleep, don't bother. However, if you like a train journey rather than the plane, this is the one for you - just be aware of the facilities available

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

One of the worst train I have seen in my Europ trip
Train was stuck at Albacete Los Llanos station for more than two hours with no one to share the update with passengers
For 11 hrs journey they don’t have phone charging options , I mean I was completely shocked
Headphone provided dose not work
Seats are dirty
None of the announcement were made in English