The Hospederia Colon is on a busy main street in Antequera. All the attractions of this fine historical town are easily accessible from its central location. My wife, and I stayed four nights in a large double room with a tiny balcony. In early June it cost €30 per night for a double! The en-suite room was very comfortable and spacious, the bed was good and bathroom facilities were modern and kept to high standard. The daily cleaning and hard floor washing was almost obsessive. I cannot fault the Colon on any point of housekeeping. The staff were most helpful and generous with their interest and kindness. Terese has very good English and she took care of most of our inquiries. All of the staff, including those with limited English, were very helpful at all times. Breakfast is not available here, however, there are many cafes in the vicinity. I have been in three star hotels that do not match the standards set by Hospederia Colon. Do not be put off by references to 'hostal' or 'pension' - these titles are misleading. This is a fine budget hotel - it operates like a hotel, it simply, does not have a lounge,or restaurant. We slept well here, apart from street noise on the Saturday night. If this concerns you, you may wish to inquire about a quieter room overlooking the tiny internal patio.
Overall, then, terrific value-for-money. The building has character and charm. The long street leads , at one end, to the old quarter and the Alcazaba. Following the opposite direction from the Colon, you find the centre of town. Along the way you'll pass several impressive buildings. The most impressive are the 'council' buildings - the Ayuntamiento - do try to enter this impressive place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hostal Colon is divided into two parts, one part more modern and renovated rooms with en-suite bathroom, heating, air conditioning, flat TV, safe, dvd, telephone in the bedroom and elsewhere rooms with shared bath, plus old and with very cheap prices for backpackers and guests who prefer to stay and spend little dormir.Nos found the city center, on the main avenue in the historic and commercial center of Antequera. We have private pay garage near the Inn. Free Pet. Free cot on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Hospederia Colon Antequera reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hospederia Colon Hotel Antequera
- Antequera Hospederia Colon Hotel