Hospederia Colon Antequera
El Refugio de Alamut(Antequera)(Great Value!)
US$63
  • Pool
US$102
US$95
Hotel Lozano(Antequera)
US$61
Hotel Los Dolmenes(Antequera)(Great Value!)
US$73
Hotel Antequera(Antequera)
US$86
US$84
Priceline
Hotel Infante Antequera(Antequera)(Great Value!)
US$63
US$82
US$79
Hotel Toril(Antequera)
US$45
US$43
Hotel Numero Uno(Antequera)(Great Value!)
US$47
  • Restaurant
US$151
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 May 2009

Parking in Antequera is next to impossible. Hotel has limited parking on first come first served basis but they charge seven Euros per night. We went Holy Week and the evening processions were interesting but road closures meant we had to leave our car on the outskirts of Antequrera and walk in, then go back at about 11:00pm to get it .

The hotel does not serve breakfast but there are plenty of places to get a cheap breakfast. Also fridge and microwave is provided for those who want to make simple meals themselves.

Most receptionists do not speak English. WiFi internet access is free, a VERY slow computer is provided for those without a laptop. All round good value.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2009

I took a long time to settle on hotels for my stay in Spain. Cost was the driving force , and TripAdvisor was the second driving force of that decision. We decided on Hostal Colon because the reviews were okay and the price was very cheap.

Well, you get what you pay for.

We traveled around Spain by bus, and although we were confused at first, we eventually found the hotel, which was a 10 minute walk from the bus station. Very easy. It is located on a busy street, but that was the least of our worries.

When we arrived we were told to go upstairs and look at 3 rooms and choose the one we wanted. They were all the same price so we chose the biggest one. It had 2 beds, and a large bathroom. The size was great. What was not so great? Well, the safe couldn't be unlocked. They even sent their handyman out to try to unlock it and he couldn't. Also the toilet. Oh, the toilet. My husband and I went within 5 minutes of each other and we quickly learned that you can't flush the toilet less than 10 minutes in between flushes. We thought the toilet was broken at first, and it was so embarrassing. We called up the front desk lady to come look at it (and my husband had done more than #1) and we were so embarrassed. She told us to wait 10-15 minutes between flushes. Wow.

The ashtray on the bed stand had chewed gum in it, so that lead me to question the cleanliness of the rest of our room. The bathroom was okay, but could have been cleaner. The hallways smell of cigarettes (as does everything in Spain) thus our room smelled of stale cigarettes.

Normally, we aren't too sensitive when it comes to noise, but these rooms have paper thin walls. We heard the couple next door, umm, doing adult things (if you get my drift) for a good 30 minutes. We could hear EVERYTHING. What they saying, and all the noises they were making. I found it funny, but it just illustrated the lack of privacy.

One good thing is the location. It is within walking distance of all the sights you will want to see in Antequera. We really enjoyed Antequera very much, so the location is perfect.

If you need the internet, there is an internet/business room on each floor, which was nice. We didn't use it however.

Overall, if I could do it again, I would spend more money at a nicer place. Cheap isn't always the best decision.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jessika14
Reviewed 18 November 2008

The significan other and I stayed here in Spring and first impressions were, what a lovely, classic, old worldly place. Just what we had hoped for from the web site.
Rooms and services are basic but what does one expect for the money?
Staff were super friendly, laughing at my Spanish, private car parking 100m away, breakfast just across the street, newspapers just down the street, pubs everywhere.
At night everyone went out but the wife and I sat in the little terrace with a bottle of vino and chilled out watching the coming and goings.
The owner is a real nice man, very helpfull.
Antequera is best described as full of old churches and shoe shops, plenty to keep the wife and me happy.
Would recommend , no problem.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank seamusgi4szw2016
Reviewed 13 November 2008

Characterful, central and a bit quirky. The entrance is so small you could almost miss it. My bed was large and comfortable but the bathroom was antiquated and grubby.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 2 October 2008

It might be called a hostal but it's as good as many far more expensive Spanish hotels. Perfectly located in the centre of Antequera and although it's on a busy main road our room was very quiet. In fact we were really lucky and got a room right at the front with a great balcony that we could sit out on at night. The room itself was a good size, traditionally decorated and very clean.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family