“Modern Parador that works for me!”

Parador de Antequera
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Antequera
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My liking for this modern Parador surprised me (I have to admit to being a fan of the historical Paradores). I feel modern architecture can look dated in a couple of decades, but the large room, frosted glazed bathroom, (that made us giggle) and extensive glazing for the view from the restaurant plus the friendly staff, mean I would happilystay here again

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Impeccable. Rooms are spacious, generous place for storage, perfect cleanliness, discreet service, more than decent breakfast, excellent value for your money, what more can you expect from temporary accommodation . Antequera is a perfect location to explore historical Andalucia and this is the best place to put up, rest,reconsider your next step and explore. Take the rooms facing the garden, tranquility and spring fragrance. Parking is free and the location is relatively central. Walk to the town, parking restrictions are steep. All the staff is superbly helpful and efficient.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the garden arE a real pleasure
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ZoiaAshdod
Reviewed 24 April 2014

This hotel is very easy to find, being signposted from all over Antequera. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but inside it's very much up-to-date; the lobby is ultra-modern and the rooms are also very modern.

I travelled with my dad and the purpose of the visit was to use the hotel as a staging post for a visit to the nearby Lobo Park.

There was quite a bit of paperwork to sign upon checkin and unfortunately neither of us paid too much attention to it - more on this later! I was pleased to see our rooms were adjacent and the rooms themselves had wonderful large, comfortable beds. There was air-conditioning but in my case the lowest temperature setting was 23C, a few degrees warmer than the thermostat is set to at home. This is unusual in hotel rooms in my experience, as normally they go down to 20C or lower.

The rooms overlooked the swimming pool, with a pleasant view of the countryside beyond Antequera.

The location is a few minutes' walk away from several shops and restaurants, with a hypermarket a couple of minutes away by car. It was a perfect location from our point of view, with easy access to and from the motorway network.

The only thing that caused any problems was checking out. We were presented with a bill that was higher than expected, as they'd charged me for breakfast (which I didn't have) and they'd charged my dad for breakfasts too despite him being on a rate which included bed and breakfast. It took a lot of wrangling before the charges were removed (initially they were just reduced a bit, but we persevered) and we were glad we had a printout from their website showing confirmation of the rate we'd booked!
It turns out the documentation we'd signed upon checkin had the wrong rates on it, something neither of us had noticed. It's worth going through those forms with a fine-tooth comb if you stay here.

I suspect (and hope) it was an isolated incident and although it took the shine off the stay it was resolved and the staff were apologetic about the whole thing. The hotel itself is wonderful and aside from the checkout glitch it was a great stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Retron
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

What a superb hotel this is. With the motorway access to the coast and Malaga airport if you want tranquility and uber modernism this hotel will satisfy. Number 1 hotel for miles around. Only problem this visit was pool was not open but surroundings make up for it.

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I stayed here on business at the end of March. The staff were very welcoming. The room was very modern and clean and bed very comfortable. There was plenty of choice for breakfast with amazing views. I would definitely return and highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Found the hotel easily as paradors are always well signposted. The staff seemed unfriendly on our arrival, but the very next day, wonderful helpful friendly staff.
Great breakfast and room was fine, it was clean and comfortable. Book a room with a view, if you book in advance you will have this option as it is amazing.
The hotel is in a great position, easy to park and free of charge. We found a fantastic restaurant in town which we would recommend, ( did not eat at the hotel due to other reviews),
I cannot remember the name, I will find the card and write a restaurant review tomorrow.

Room Tip: Room with a view toward the hills
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Paradores are usually great places to stay regarding the rooms which are spacious with large cupboards and plenty of coat hangers and the one at Antequera was no exception. The bathroom was also large with plenty of complimentary toiletries and a hairdryer. We had dinner in the evening and were very disappointed in the food which was mediocre. We ordered a bottle of wine from the region and were given another which was really rough. When we pointed this out, the waiter informed us that they had run out of the bottle we wanted, but they didn’t inform us. They produced another bottle which was only slightly better than the first, but by that time we weren’t in the mood for discussions. When giving my husband a taste of the second bottle, the waitress poured the wine into a glass that had previously contained a white wine. We had to ask her to change the glasses. All this might have been acceptable if the vast dining room had been full, but we were only four tables. Maybe that says it all. Conclusion: great place to stay, but go out to eat.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the swimming pool.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple