Hotel Coso Viejo
US$85
Hotel Toril(Antequera)
US$46
US$121
Hotel La Fuente del Sol(La Joya)(Great Value!)
US$97
Hotel Antequera(Antequera)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$100
Agoda.com
Hotel Los Dolmenes(Antequera)(Great Value!)
US$54
Priceline
Hotel Numero Uno(Antequera)(Great Value!)
US$49
  • Restaurant
All reviewsrestaurant next doorthree nightsfacing roomtown squareauthentic hotelreception area isibericotapasexcellent locationprivate parkingshort staylarge bathroomshort walkgood sizealcazabaplazapaltry
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Reception is nice, good location within 100 meter of tourist information / city center (bus terminal is some 20 minutes walking away, train station further), staff was helpful. Single room on the top floor did only have window (and a small one) in roof so the room was kind of claustrophobic (but I did choose the cheapest room), wifi was available in hotel, but did not reach room.

Breakfast was just a dry baguette with package with butter and jam, I advice going to one of several cafes around for better and cheaper breakfast.

Room Tip: Avoid single room with roof window, avoid breakfast included
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Great location on an incredibly beautiful square in incredibly beautiful Antequera. The hotel also has a very pretty inner courtyard with arches and a babbling fountain. Here ends the charm. Otherwise the hotel is no more than "ok", I'm afraid. I had to stay 3 nights, but was stuffed in a dingy back room with hardly any natural light, a view of generators and chimneys etc and the loud rumpus from the kitchen well into the early hours of the morning. The breakfast is an abomination - 1 cup of coffee and 1 hard packet rusk with a choice of a container of jam or a tomato. I asked for a glass of orange juice. It came eventually. I fear I will be billed for it tomorrow, when I leave. It is also served in a dingy, windowless basement. A really dreary start to the day. So I decided to breakfast somewhere else. This hotel should be aware what other hotels out there are doing. A breakfast buffet is pretty standard these days. And the hotel itself could do with freshening up.

Room Tip: If you MUST stay here, make sure they give you a room with a view of something cute. OR stay somewhere else! I favour the latter!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Just back from a week's holiday in Antequera with a tour group. From a location point of view I was very pleased I picked the Coso Viejo to stay in, as I was travelling alone (though part of the group) - right in the heart of the town, close to the sights, cafes, bars and shops. The hotel was clean and staff were helpful - the only fault I found with the place was breakfast - it could only be described as chaotic and unpredictable! I'm not fussy and a coffee, juice and toast are fine by me. But from one day to next I was never sure if I'd get all 3. One day the toaster is broken, the next the coffee is cold and like tar!!.... Having said that if I was to return to Antequera I would stay in Coso Viejo again - but maybe go out for my breakfast!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank MOD_10
Reviewed 25 January 2013

We liked the location of the hotel. it was right in the center of Antequerra and infront of the hotel was nice central square where we found an interesting museum.. Also the historcal sides of Antequerra were close. The stuff was very freindly and helpfull and spoke a rather good english. Especially the young man, who recomendet us a great restaurant! The rooms unfortunatly were not according to a 3 star hotel. They were a bit poor furnished, there was not even a banch for the luggage to store and my husbands bed nearly broke. The pillows were very thin and old so we had to ask for more and better pillows. We got addionell pillows. The breakfast in the restaurant was very poor as well .Alltogther I must say the hotel dos not deserve 3 stars. I would qualify this hotel as a 1 ore 2 star hotel..

Room Tip: Choose a room inside the patio. Rooms towards the have a very nice view, but are noisy
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 January 2013

In front of the hotel is a nice central square and its close to the historical sites of Antequera.

Inside is a maze of corridors and a number of elevators leading to the many rooms.

Staff was friendly and spoke reasonable English.

The room was OK with a large TV with some non-Spanish channels like CNBC and Euronews (French). Free Wifi intern worked at a low speed in my room (300kB/s download)

There was a clean bathroom with a tub.

There was an irritating buzz in my room probably caused by ventilators from the kitchen below because it stopped later at night.

Parking is difficult in this type of cities. The hotel has its own car park but that is of no use when you arrive and you don't know where that is. So I have parked my car in one of the parking garages near the hotel and walked the five minutes to the hotel. The day rate I paid in that garage € 16,00. The hotel charges € 10,00 and later I found out that you can park your car temporarily at the square in front of the hotel . There you can unload your luggage and find out about the hotel parking.

There is a nice busy and lively restaurant in the hotel with efficient staff and good, cheap food. The menu gives the possibility to have ½ portions of the food.

Breakfast was not included in the room price but there are many places around that serve this. The restaurant of the hotel makes a good breakfast which I used. Just anything you like made to order.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo