Had a two night stay at the hotel, staying in a room for two adults and one child. First important note is do NOT rely on your sat nav to get you to the hotel by car. It will take you up some streets suitable only for a mini or smaller! Instead, use the yellow tourist road signs that guide you along passable street and / or contact the hotel to guide you if you have a mobile phone.
The pluses and minuses:
+ Lovely hotel with character in a mansion house.
+ Pool adequate and generally clean. I borrowed the pool net just once to scoop out a few bugs and feathers before taking a dip. But overall it was clean.
+ Rooms good size with air con that worked OK.
+ Shower temp and pressure in bathroom sufficient.
+ Parking OK - Underground garage for charge or free gated car park that is locked at night.
+ Service friendly
+ Eat in Bar next to hotel. Tapas good value, beer ice cold. Service very friendly.
+ Quiet location, nice views.
+ Close to restaurants, sights and 5-10 mins walk from Parador
- Access by car can be difficult. Do not use Sat nav. Phone hotel for guidance.
- Cleanliness in room. Bath & Basins clean but marble floor dirty. Think it could be a case of staff being overstretched.
- Breakfast. There is variety but the quality is just OK. (Tough tasteless bacon, jams cheap quality, fruit not fresh, etc).
Overall I woul recommend the hotel. It has its faults but the overall experience was good.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Alcazar de la Reina Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Alcazar De La Reina
- Alcazar De La Reina Hotel Carmona, Spain - Province Of Seville