“Beautiful spot”

Alcazar de la Reina Hotel
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Carmona
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Flying home from Seville and decided to stay here for the night. Beautiful hotel with amazing view across the valley. Wifi but you need to ask at the desk. Rooms have a balcony that look down on a central courtyard. Charming.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Fran O

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights in June and wished we had booked for longer. Very elegant hotel with tasteful furniture and fittings. We didn't have dinner but the breakfast was very good and could be eaten indoors or outside. Lovely pool and plenty of sunbeds. Would stay here again

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room which looked into an internal courtyard. Peaceful nights sleep but no view...
Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank heatherbellScotland
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I have stayed there on four occasion, and I would have to say its not only a historical treat, but its very well appointed and comfortable, and if you compare with the other hotels in carmona, it has no par value wise.

Room Tip: all rooms are mostly the same, if you get one with a view its a plus. About the fitness center and s...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank German R
Reviewed 20 June 2014

In my room there is pratically no wifi, and no plug for internet. I complained twice, and all they said was " we do have wifi, very strong!!". They did not offer me to change room,closer to a decent signal. CANNOT WORK. Rooms are big, tv very small 21", no English channels. Bathrooms are huge.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank cesco181
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We often come up to Seville region for work as we do weddings. The Alcazar is a fantastic place to stay. We always choose to stay there. Super comfortable, friendly staff, fab location and so beautiful and well maintained. We will often drive over an hour up to Carmona just to stay there :). The town is magical and all within short walking distance from the hotel. The food is amazing, there is a wonderful tapas bar close to the hotel which is fantastic. It's right out of the hotel up a little street and is even good enough for Michael Portillo :D! Brilliant place to stay on general and the Alcazar de La Reina tops it all off as a fantastic place to stay. We love it!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Isabel L
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I took my elderly parents for a tour of Andalusia, and found us rooms at this hotel. There were some mixed reviews. We loved it. Know, however, that I am prejudiced in favor of hotels with a sense of history, lots of personality, things hand-made, and I do not require the latest gadgets or modern architecture. I will sacrifice some comfort for personality. Our rooms had hand-painted furniture, antique bronze bathroom fixtures, and hand-painted seville tile borders. Everything in my room was gently USED, but in good working order and still handsome. High ceilings, good light, huge windows, big bathroom. My room was spotlessly clean, and I could walk in white socks on the marble floor without finding dust. The mattresses were not top-of-the-line, but see my disclaimer above. If you are particularly noise sensative, request a room away from the street. I live in a boisterous village, and I am immune to the passing of motorinas, lovers and inebriated tourists. Breakfast was expensive but very nice. The pool looked great. Local ex-pats with good taste told me that the in-house restaurant has the best tapa in Carmona. Next time I am returning with my husband for a romantic overnight trip and some sketching.

Room Tip: As mentioned above, if you are noise-sensative, ask for a room away from the street.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ArtistGirl68
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We stayed for 3 nights and found the hotel pretty average in most respects. No major problems, staff friendly and helpful, the room was a good size, the hotel is in a good location. There were a few minor gripes - the beds weren't the most comfortable, the shower could have done with a new head and breakfast was chaotic on every day - they clearly need more staff to service the number of people eating.

This was the only place we stayed as we were in Carmona for a wedding, so can't compare it to anywhere else locally, but overall it was satisfactory.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carmona
Parador de Carmona
Hilton Garden Inn Sevilla
Monte Carmelo Hotel
Monte Carmelo Hotel
#12 of 177 in Seville

Been to Alcazar de la Reina Hotel? Share your experiences!