Casa Palacio de Carmona
Posada San Fernando(Carmona)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$71
  • Bar/Lounge
US$250
US$242
Hotwire.com
El Rincon de las Descalzas(Carmona)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$72
  • Breakfast included
US$110
US$94
US$110
getaroom.com
  • Pool
Hotel Mairena(Mairena del Alcor)
US$55
  • Restaurant
Hotel Sandra(Alcala de Guadaira)
US$59
  • Restaurant
Hostal Nueva Andalucia(Alcala de Guadaira)
  • Room Service
Hotel Oromana(Alcala de Guadaira)
TripAdvisor
All reviewschain hotelold world charmunique experiencewe loved our stayold palacegreat wineancient villagetunamain gateenormous bathroomfour seasonsbeautiful placecould not have been moresmall poolold stylereception areastayed here for one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 April 2013

I just returned from a 3 night stay at this hotel with a group of women traveling together on an organized trip. First of all, I want to say that the people working here are lovely and went out of their way to be welcoming and accommodating. The problem is that the hotel is not in good condition. The hotel is very old and very interesting, there are beautiful antiques in every room and at one point, an effort was made to redecorate each room in a unique way. My room was actually very pretty and it is a shame to let things fall into such disrepair. There was a wall of leaking water that was covered in mold and mildew. The smell was dank and musty. The bathrooms were old and had mildew. There was limited hot water. Toilets wouldn't flush. The only showers were hand held nozzles and the bathrooms were very cold. I went in to many of the other rooms and the problems were much worse. The building needs extensive renovation and repair. No one in our group was happy with the rooms. I would not stay here again and would not recommend it.

Room Tip: I did not see a room without problems.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank BO62
Reviewed 22 March 2013

I hate to give a bad review. I generally don't. But I had one of the worst experiences of my life there. I was organizing a meeting for 27 people. We believed we were staying at a 4 start hotel. Maybe 40 years ago it was, but not now. Each room had problems, something that needed to be fixed. To the point that we had to move our group to another hotel. Out of sympathy with the owner managers we agreed to stay on for the food and the meeting space. Everything seemed to be jerry rigged. They tried to be helpful, but they just didn't have the staff or resources to deliver the basic services that a small group meeting would need. Copies, working wifi, etc. They were unable to accommodate to simple needs like buffet meals, They served them in courses, but laid them out on the table. And I don't think this was a language issue. We had fish served with dessert on more than one occation. Prior to moving the rooms were freezing, we had heaters brought in to help. They didn't warm the rooms sufficiently. My toilet was broken. Wifi kept going down. The rooms were just not in condition for a 4 star hotel in any way shape or form. Some rooms smelled like or had visible mold. This was once a grand palace, no more. Most importantly, they need to set expectations of service and quality. They are way understaffed for a meeting. The salon didn't have enough light and so we had to place lamps throughout as well as heaters. All just gave a very makeshift feel. Its very unfortunately. But the worst part, is though we had to move to another hotel, they insisted on keeping our deposit and charging for rooms we didn't use. I am sure it was out of necessity, not out of malice, but buyer beware! One of our participants even had a leak over his bed and was unable to sleep. I was assured that the leak had been fixed. There were just too many things that needed fixing. So sad. Quality of meals for price we were paying also seemed inadequate.

Room Tip: No fitness center and no room service.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank Abbeyny
Reviewed 23 February 2013

Old nice building but needs maintenance & renovation.
By no means 5 stars. Food was different and not aleays with the same quality.
Owners are really nice and friendly and also all working there. Lacks luxuary but has authenticity

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank AmrAbdallah
Reviewed 20 February 2013

A Kid's View
Casa de Carmona is breath taking. If you stay in this hotel, you must remember that it is an old house! Therefore, many things need to be repaired. Each room is different from the others. The living rooms are nice and cozy. The courtyard and pool is well maintained. The dining room is absolutly gorgeous, and the food is very tasty. The general manegar, Felipe is very nice and does anything to make your stay better. The rooms are a little damp and smell a little. Poor heating system, so you may have to ask for one at the front desk. Rooms are very chilly at night. Hot water limit. I think Casa de Carmona just needs some TLC ( Tender Love and Care). I would love to go back once the hotel is a little more fixed up. Such a beautiful hotel!!

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Luna L
Reviewed 22 December 2012

Old world feeling as we enter,Moorish desert- like old details. All rooms different as a large home from a past era. Owner hosts were a delight, personally providing an elegant dinner. Not the commercial hotel or the small B & B . Old and unique.

Room Tip: View online
Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends