“Perfect Romantic Gettaway” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Carmona
Seville, Spain
“Perfect Romantic Gettaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Very intimate and romantic hotel, decoration is clasic but chic, the building is just gorgeous. Very friendly and personalized service. I loved the pool area, I spent there the whole morning just reading and relaxing!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Senescal623

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

The (5) stars allmost made us turn around and leave. We thought staying would be to expensive. We decided to have a look anyway and ended up staying in the most amazing beautiful place for two nights. Yes, it may need some fixing up here and there but what an experience! Wonderful, tasty, homecooked meals by Filipe and/or Willem.Let us not forget the small but pleasant pool. Also, the place to stay if you want to visit Sevilla. The bus takes you there. Carmona its self is a beautiful town. Dan Torres & Hanneke Jansen

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Sam T
Williamsburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

We have been to Casa de Carmona several times and found it a handy way to begin or end an international flight. Just s 20 minute scenic drive from SVQ, and equidistant to Sevilla and Córdoba. The owner/host Felipe Guardiola ind his wife Reyes are a delight and attentive to one's every need. ---Including very nice breakfasts.

The bedrooms are are reflective of an artistic turn and an appreciation of the historical setting. The antithesis of the industrial approach of major hotel chains. We usually have a large room with a sitting room and an ample bath/shower. The bed was grand, and firm. How many times do you have the opportunity to enjoy the ambiance of a 16th Century Palacio, hosted by intelligent and helpful people?
You can stay up the street at the parador if you want all of the latest trendy amenities, but you sacrifice an amazing experience. WE loved it so much that my wife and I chose Casa de Carmona as the site of our fiftieth wedding anniversary. There were fifty of us -- Americans, Spaniards, Dutch who gathered in the classic Andalusian patio (and later in the intimate bar for flamenco) and Felipe hosted a truly exquisite tapas, and a discerning selection of wines.
Casa de Carmona and their staff exceeded our dreams.

Room Tip: Parking is right across the street. Trust Felipe to find the best room for you. The ones on the se...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank u77aca
Williamsburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

My wife and I joined our good friends in Carmona to celebrate their life together as husband and wife - 50 years! I had heard of Casa Palacio Casa de Carmona over the years as our compadres had shared of the charm and warmth of the place due to Filipe's and Reyes' gentle and loving care of their guests through their gracious hospitaltiy; attentive and unobtrusive. We experienced just that and more as we were cared for throughout. The hotel was the ideal setting for our friends' celebration. We toured both the hotel and the town; marveling at the old world appearance and ambiance. The food served was consistently delicious both to the palate and the eye. Everything seemed to just "appear", the staff working together seamlessly. As I had written to Filipe, I share with any who might read this review, "... My wife and I felt our time with you, at your hotel, was one of the highlights of our short journey through a portion of Spain. Thank you so much for everything… the setting, the hospitality, the food, the celebration of our friends' long and remarkable union blended together in a symphonic manner that reflected so much of your quiet care for all of us." This place has more charm than any place I have experienced to date; perfect for a quiet getaway, celebration, or just as a respite. The ancient town of Carmona has a gem within - Casa Palacio Casa de Carmona. Thank you Filipe and Reyes! Jeff and Jen

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Iberiaphile
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

I have traveled to Seville on buisness several times, and had always stayed in the city for convenience. On my most recent trip, the Ferria made it extremely difficult to get to and from the downtown area by car, so I decided to try staying in Carmona. I walked around through the city and came across the Casa de Carmona, and I loved it from the beginning. The building has a lot of old-world character, and the friendly owner, who speaks very fluent English and French in addition to Spanish, was very happy to show me the rooms and property. During my 24 day stay, the staff was very friendly, the rooms were cleanded impeccably, and the meals prepared by the owner were all chef-quality. The hotel suits the historical charm of the town of Carmona and it's peacefull, relaxing feel made for the most enjoyable stay I've had in Seville. While there is no fitness center, the hilly, cobblestone streets of Carmona are better than any treadmill, and you can walk for hours if you so choose and enjoy the breathtaking hilltop city views. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Seville over any of the large, impersonal hotels in the city - it is warmer, friendlier, cozier, and in fact cheaper than the Seville chioces I've visited, it's an easy 20 minute drive to Seville, and everything in Carmona is within walking distance. (There are more than a dozen tapas bars within a 5 minute walk) I plan to come back to stay here on vacation with my girlfriend soon - that's how much I enjoyed the hotel, the service, and the location.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Steve A
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

My parents and I have spent 10 days travelling through Andalucia and found Casa De Carmona to be our favourite hotel by far. The friendliness of the owners and staff to the character of the place really helps this hotel to stand out. From the sitting room to the rooms, from the courtyard to the entrance and the bar, the place really captured a feeling of yesteryear and the andalucian way of life. In listening to people staying there and some of the comments, the only criticism is that it is listed as a five star property instead of a four which perhaps creates a different set of expectations from visitors. The place drips with character with many undescribable beauties, often coming from its imperfections (see comments of others), however to myself and my parents, this all combined to create an extremely unique and real experience. We would gladly stay there again and recommend it to others who value an experience over oppulance or artificially created 'perfection'.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Todd0000000001
Shropshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

My finger has been hovering between Excellent and Very Good but, as my husband and I were captivated by the charm both of this palace/house and of its owners I decided on Excellent.

A couple of weeks ago we stayed at Casa de Carmona, conveniently situated in the middle of the beautiful small, old, hill-top town of Carmona, near Seville. This manor house was built in the 16th century and remained in the same family until the mid-20th century when it was sold to distant relatives. It is now the turn of Filipe and Reyes, a charming couple with 3 young children, to live there and run the place as a family home and a business. This requires love, dedication and resilience - all of which they have in abundance.

Filipe and Reyes are doing everything they can to help you enjoy your stay. There was a small hitch with our booking and, without us knowing about it until later, we were up-graded, without extra charge, to one of their premier rooms. Filipe has excellent English - should you need it - and is more than willing to chat to you and to share his local knowledge to give you local advice.

The building itself is stunning and we were enchanted with the atmosphere. Our room was beautifully decorated and furnished with a very comfortable bed, a large, comfortable sitting area to relax in, plus a large bathroom with bidet, 2 wash basins, bath and a separate shower.

Filipe is an excellent chef, and my husband commented that he had seldom dined in a nicer dining room - an adjoining converted stable. Pre-booking was appreciated.

Talking about food, as is often the case in Spanish hotels, it is advisable to make sure if you have booked just a room or if breakfast (lovely and generous) is included, and there is a charge for the private car park.

It is true that Casa de Carmona does not have the slick running or gleaming appearance of a hotel chain property. Some of the furniture is worn, there is a need for a lick of paint here and there and on occasion the management might seem a little bit disorganized but, as a uniquely Spanish living experience, offering a warm personal welcome, Casa de Carmona is a winner. Long may it last!

Some visitors might point out a few defects. It is true

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ShropshireJasper
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carmona
Alcazar de la Reina Hotel
Las Casas de la Juderia
Las Casas de la Juderia
#30 of 179 in Seville
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,493 reviews

Been to Casa Palacio de Carmona? Share your experiences!