This is a real jewel, an oasis of beauty and tranquility.
I've travelled enough to be jaundiced about staying in hotels, even apparently good ones (of which I've stayed in many) and as a result I tend to be over critical. However, Casa de Carmona is a refreshing exception, with it's own unique style and atmosphere, which I would wholeheartedly recommend to anyone wanting a luxurious and peaceful haven.
We arrived at about eleven in the evening after a three hour drive through the mountains and over the plain to Carmona; we were tired, hungry and thirsty. We were instantly refreshed, greeted warmly and served drinks in one of the stylish drawing rooms whilst we were checked in and our bags taken upstairs.
The hotel is a lovingly restored palace dating from at least the times of the moors with later additions, and comprising a number of courtyards overlooked by balconies that give access to the rooms.
A great deal of attention has been given to preserving the original character of the building and an air of tranquility and aristocratic charm. Most of the furniture is antique and the decore is warm and sympathetic.
Our room was gorgeous, apparently the old chaple for the house, with a four poster bed under dome with moorish carvings, a sitting area and pleasing en-suite bathroom.
We did not try the restaurant; however, breakfast was a deliciously simple affair taken in the loggia.
This is a small, stylish hotel where it is possible to unwind, relax and appreciate. It is not a large modern hotel and it does not have all the facilities that you would expect in an anodised downtown five star conforming to a globalised formula; it is a truly Andaluician, family run hotel, which has a great deal of charm, warmth and originality, which are sorely lacking in most hotels; a veritable jewel.
We will certainly go back, many times!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the historic centre of Carmona– a remarkably beautiful white village just 30 km East of Seville – stands the Casa de Carmona, a splendid XVIth century renaissance palace with 33 charming bedrooms. At the Casa de Carmona you will enjoy lush courtyards and living rooms, fine art and antiques, a fresh market cuisine, and the help of a knowing and well-mannered service – in sum, the palatial life of an aristocratic family. Since its opening in 1991, the Casa de Carmona has been celebrated by its guests and by the press. The Casa de Carmona is family-lived and run and offers affordable rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Casa Palacio de Carmona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Palacio Casa De Carmona Hotel Carmona
- Casa De Carmona
- Casa Palacio De Hotel Carmona
- Casa Palacio De Carmona Spain - Province Of Seville