This review is a little overdue as I stayed in August 2012, but felt I should contribute my thoughts! We a family of two adults, an eighteen year old and a ten year old. We were really impressed with the hotel upon arrival, spotlessly clean and very well equipped with fridge, dishwasher, hob (although microwave/oven took a bit of getting used to) and washing machine. The bathroom was lovely and I was impressed with the music system of being able to play different music in each room. Wifi was free but a little hit and miss with connecting - probably depends on where you are in the hotel. No English TV channels, although this was advertised but not a problem for us as we didn't want to watch TV anyway. The poolside was clean and was impressed by the grassy material around the pool as it feels safer with children running around - which there were a few of. Lifeguards were also present which was a nice surprise for a hotel of the size. There was a slight problem of people reserving sunbeds and there not being enough but this tends to happen everywhere and is difficult to control unfortunately.
We had breakfast included and did this each day - others have mentioned the English breakfast as not being very good but we discovered after two days that you can order from an alternative Spanish breakfast menu which has more options to try - much more appealing! The aciete y tomate was lovely. The couple who ran the café were very accommodating and friendly, and really deserve more credit!
The location is fantastic, a few minutes walk straight up from Los Boliches train station. The train from Malaga takes around 35 minutes and costs around 2.20 euros to Los Boliches (which is the second to last stop). I would really recommend the train as it is so easy to use - get out of baggage collect at the airport and the 'Aeropuerto' station is straight ahead, with ticket machines to choose stops in English. The train is air conditioned and an electronic system shows each stop as it comes to it.
Overall really recommend the apartments and would stay again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mediterráneo Real offers beautiful and luxury one and two bedrooms apartments, including seven penthouses with splendid large terraces. As you can see and experience our apartments are built with high quality, fully equipped, and fitted with the latest technology. Mediterráneo Real Apartments is situated in the picturesque fishing village "Los Boliches", in the famous seaside resort of Fuengirola. While staying at Mediterraneo Real, all you need is one step away from your door. Fuengirola is one of the most popular seaside resorts of the Costa del Sol, due to its central location between known towns such as Marbella, Mijas and Benalmádena and only 15 km from the airport of Malaga, its warm climate and wide variety of activities and entertainment for the whole family. Fuengirola also has more than 8 km golden sandy beach along the crystal clear blue Mediterranean Sea and a lively boulevard, famous for his Chiringuitos (beach restaurants) and fish skewers of the barbeque. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Mediterraneo Real Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mediterraneo Real Aparthotel Hotel Fuengirola
- Mediterraneo Real Aparthotel Fuengirola, Costa Del Sol