“Excitement of riding on the mountain”
Review of Rancho La Paz

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fuengirola
Rancho La Paz
“Excitement of riding on the mountain”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I had this 2 hour trip last week which actually last about 3 hours. It was easy to book for the next day. They were happy to pick me up from my hotel and back for a good price, even though I was the only one they picked up from the town.
This is a big horse farm with nice looking houses. Two older ladies who look like the owners were a bit rude and unfriendly but the girls and the driver were really nice and friendly. They made all the effort to communicate and welcome to everyone as much as they could but the safety of visitors was their priority.
There were 2 groups on that evening. In my group, we were about 10 adults and 3 children. 3 young guide girls, English/ German and Spanish helped us around mountain roads.
Only point to keep in mind is some pictures on the leaflet does not actually reflect actual area.

It was an enjoyable experience, adding extra to a beach holiday.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Tulin N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

We visited Rancho la paz for just a day trip to go on a 2 hour hack. The ranch was well sign posted from the roads but I wouldn't go up in your own car as the roads are pretty rough.

We first went in the morning to book for an afternoon ride at 4. We were matched up with a horse based on height and experienced. We were instructed how to get on and how to hold the reins as the traditional Spanish style is different.

The hack was good and lasted about 3 hours in the end despite paying for two. We went along tracks and mountain paths to end at a great viewpoint looking over the Med.

Our guide spoke English and some German/Spanish. As a beginner I was at the front but it was hard to hear her at the back of the group. Besides our friendly guide the staff weren't particularly chatty but as we were only there a day we didn't mind.

We'd recommend the ranch for a hack if you're staying in the area,not sure about staying for a week.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We have been to the ranch twice already and have tried 2 different trail rides over 7 days each. While the accommodation and food at the ranch are quite basic, the trail rides are really to be recommended. Very well organised and the horses are generally in good condition and well adapted to the terrain. One negative point is that the guides seem to be often very young girls with very little experience. While very friendly and trying their best, it is noticeable that they lack some skills and knowledge to be able to do the job.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Basildon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Myself and my husband booked a 2 hour riding experience at Rancho La Paz. The Ranch sent transport to pick us up from our hotel in Benalmadena and it was only 25 euro for a return trip.
When we arrived at the ranch, we were greeted by our instructor. The horses were kept in great conditions and the horse was matched to our build and height etc.
We were only beginners so our riding experience was probably quite basic compared to more accomplished riders. We were given instructions and then started our ride. The route along the mountains was breathtaking. Really stunning. Our instructor was happy to take photo's of us on our horses and had botles of water to give us a drink as it was very hot. Unfortunately I cannot remember our instructors name but she was from Holland and she did an excellent job. spoke great English, very friendly and chatty but also quick to offer guidance and correct us when we did something wrong.
We had an excellent time at the ranch and we will definitely be visiting us again.

Room Tip: We chose the 5pm ride but it was still so hot. We like the heat but if you do not like it so hot, yo...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mrsdev
south coast
Reviewed 16 April 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a weekend at the Ranch and it exceeded all my expectations. The horses were all in top condition, well behaved and forward going, the rides were fabulous and tailored to suit your ability, it is so beautiful in Andalusia and weather was glorious. The staff were helpful and attentive, the rooms were fine with comfy beds and they were well located (take toiletries and hairdryer, as not supplied) the food was excellent, and after reading the reviews, so much better than I expected. I will be going back next year for sure.

Stayed April 2013
2 Thank pammoore123
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 6 January 2013

I have spend last Christmas holidays at Rancho La Paz and enjoyed it very much. Yes, the rooms are basic (but seriously, when are you in your room of you ride in the morning and afternoon and the nice weather) and so might be the food, but it served the purpose. I came to go horseback riding, and I really liked the horses they picked out for me, the trips were as expected (rocky terrain, so not to many canters) and we had a nice and attentive guide.
I would recommend La Paz to people who would love to ride Andalusian horses, and I hope to be back to ride those nice horses again!

Room Tip: really liked my room with the sunny terrace 9although for light sleepers it might be better to ask f...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
København, Staden Kobenhavn, Denmark
Reviewed 30 December 2012

I had a very unpleasant week at the ranch. My first horse was really nice but suddenly he was given to another girl. I asked for him but there was nothing to do.

I don't speak german and everybody else was from Germany so the guides "forgot" to translate. Really annoying. And dangerous at times. Whem we were riding suddenly they would shout. "Achtung, achtung bla bla bla" - not cool if you don't understand it!

The dining room was much to crowded - especially since everybody else was talkink loudly in german. Then you can really feel invisible. It would be much nicer to be able to have at small table in the corner rather than being forced to sit in the middle of a long table surrounded by people you don't understand.

The two-day-trail was cancelled because they didn't like the weather. But we still went riding... I have no idea why they cancelled it.

The beach ride was cancelled. They claimed the weather was to bad but we went by car along the coast to Gibraltar and it was the nicest weather. I have pictures to proof it. So I don't understand why they cancelled. The guides never said anything about either I had to ask every day.

So if you're not from germany - I don't think you should go...

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank Louise S

Travellers are raving about these Fuengirola hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fuengirola
Melia Atlanterra
#3 of 8 in Barbate
Villa Mathesis
Villa Mathesis
#1 of 12 in Zahara de los Atunes

Been to Rancho La Paz? Share your experiences!