“Good value”

Ranked #5 of 1,011 Restaurants in Fuengirola
Price range: US$20 - US$41
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: If you come to savour and enjoy the cuisine and service of Palangreros, we will give you a warm welcome and great hospitality along with our Palangreros family experience. Since 1988 and with almost 30 years entertaining our clients in Fuengirola, Antonio Gomez runs the restaurant ensuring our clients leave Palangreros highly satisfied following their every visit. Our restaurant offers mediterranean cuisine with a traditional menu line. Quality ingredients seasoned with an exquisite family treatment. The aim is to use seasonal products to satisfy the diner at all times. We also have special dishes for celiacs so they can enjoy our food and service. Reserve now!
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Based purely on Trip Advisor reviews, my friend and I decided to try Palangreros. We chose the €19.90 3 course menu but also liked the €15.90 3 course menu. Each of the special menus has about 6 choices of starters, mains and desserts. We were given a warm crusty roll each and a portion of garlic butter which I didn't really like the flavour of, to me it tasted of margarine not butter but not sure if I'm right. We both chose the fried camembert cheese with blueberry jam to start. The cheese was just right, crisp on the outside and soft in the middle. We both felt that the jam didn't go well with it though, it was a mild sweet jam and needed to be a little stronger flavour and less sweet. We both chose fillet steaks for our mains, one with pepper sauce and the other with mushrooms and both loved the steaks. They were done to perfection. For me the potatoes and vegetables were a rather mean portion although they were tasty and fresh, but I definitely prefer more veg on my plate. We were offered a choice of desserts (included) but both went for coffee instead. A very nice restaurant, good service, good food, good value we will go back again. I would have given 5 stars if the veg had been more plentiful.

1  Thank BWN0912
There are newer reviews for Restaurante Palangreros

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We will definitely be going back to this restaurant when we next visit Fuengirola. We enjoyed a fantastic evening - great food accompanied by very friendly service from the charming owners who made us all feel very welcome.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stumbled upon this restaurant on Valentine's night 5 years ago. Antonio's and Dori's sincere smiles enticed us in and we have been regulars ever since!
Firstly, the restaurant is ALWAYS spotlessly clean, the cloth napkins and tablecloths are pristine white, the decor is tasteful and there is air-conditioning. Antonio and Dori (and Jonathon) are warm and friendly without being intrusive.
The set menu is great value for such a professionally-run restaurant of this calibre. Although all the staters are very tasty, the Pil-pil is probably my favourite - delicious and cooked to perfection with a generous portion of fresh, juicy prawns. Again, the main courses are all delicious, but I really love the sole fish in lobster sauce or the pork in pepper sauce (not very adventurous of me but it's always so tasty and comforting that I can't resist it.
The desserts are all home-made (even the smooth-tasting mint garnish is grown by Antonio's father!) and the fig flan or chocolate mousse cake, in particular, are scrumptious.
Antonio makes great coffee but for a change I asked if there was any Earl Grey tea a few weeks ago. Dori apologised but asked me to write down the name of it. The following week after our meal we were presented with a new selection of Twinings teas including, you guessed it, Earl Grey and Lady Grey! That's the kind of service and attention to detail that Antonio and Dori quietly deliver (and that most other restauranteurs see as trivial or unimportant!)
Alcohol and soft drinks are reasonably-priced and you get complimentary bread (with garlic butter), a nibble or two before your starter (an 'amuse bouche' of tuna mousse on crispbread sprinkled with garlic shoots) and a complimentary liqueur before leaving (que rico el Pacharán!)
There is a happy atmosphere coming from the kitchen staff and we always leave Palangreros feeling contented and satisfied. What has always been our secret favourite restaurant is now number one in Tripadvisor (you may need to reserve from now on!) so a big CONGRATULATIONS to Antonio and Dori - you deserve it!
By the way, that Valentine's night 5 years ago couples were being given a rose as a gift at the end of the night as a romantic gesture. As a male couple we left quietly after paying the bill but Dori came outside to give us a rose like everyone else, which was so kind. She may not remember but we never forgot :-)
Abrazo,
'Amigos'

2  Thank Ultach
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We booked this restaurant for my 50th birthday and from start to finish was an excellent experience. Staff welcomed us with a birthday card, glass of sparkling and a warm welcome. Food was fantastic, ambience first class, and owners nothing short of excellent. You need to book this beauty in advance as fully booked. We had such a great experience that we re-booked for the Saturday night and once again first class. Do not hesitate in booking this restaurant as the whole evening is an experience from start to finish that you will not forget.

1  Thank Michaelplaw
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Great food with a wonderful ambience and very attentive staff, on my list when I next visit Fuengirola.

1  Thank robt948