My family and I stayed in the Apartamentos NuriaSol during August 2013, last year. I can honestly say that there a very little points that are positive about this place! Please read before making a booking!!
My family and I decided to take the train from the airport straight to Los Boliches station, which is just a 5 minute walk away from these apartments. Don't bother arranging transfers as the station is ideally located just 5 mins away from the apartments. Once we arrived at the apartments, the reception was air conditioned and very large.We were given our room, and I cant describe the AWFUL stench of sewage that greeted us. The room was also dirty, lights were not working and the sofa beds were broken. It was very late at night when we arrived at Apartamentos NuriaSol so we were absolutely shattered when we got to our room. My family decided to grin and bear the smell for the night. However, the next morning the smell was unbearable and smelt very much like SEWAGE. I complained to reception and asked for another room, to which they were hesitant to re-locate us to another room. The staff were dismissive and weren't alarmed at our complaint. They were slow to react and we waited a whole day until somebody eventually came to offer to relocate us. I can honestly say the smell was revolting and ruined the start of our holiday. The smell predominantly came from the bathroom and spread around the rest of the apartment.
On arrival to our new apartment, we were relieved to have no smell of sewage but rather a stale odour instead. The room was dirty and dusty, with sticky floors and worktops. It had several fittings and fixtures that were yet again, broken. I had to call the maintenance man several times until we were satisfied with the apartment (broken fridge light, broken sofa bed, broken shower door, no working light in bedroom 1). The apartment was a good size and had various utensils on offer to use.
Other points to consider before booking this apartment for your holiday include:
1. The balconies have no lights so at night you are often engulfed in complete darkness. There is also a huge air conditioning unit on the balcony which takes up most of the space available and when on, can make the balcony unbearably hot!
2. The swimming pool area is not acceptable for the amount of guests the Apartamentos NuriaSol cater for. 3 parasols are available to use so not enough protection against the sun and the sun loungers are mostly broken and in awful condition. The pool itself is dirty and full of hair and other debris, and for some crazy reason only open at 12pm and closes at 8pm sharp!
3. The staff are unhelpful and rude at times probably due to the vast amount of guests that come and go during this busy holiday season. I understand this, but for guests this could be a holiday that has been eagerly anticipated for, and to be greeted by a glum looking face and rolling of the eyes is not welcoming at all!
Positive points about the Apartamentos NuriaSol are:
1. Fantastic location to local supermarket (located just below the apartments) and the train station is less than 5 mins walk away. Beach is walking distance away too.
2. Spacious reception area and the staff are willing to hold luggage your for you once you have checked out, if you have a late flight.
3. Free Wi-Fi available but you will need to ask for the login code on arrival.
Don't let the NuriaSol management make any more money out of us holiday-goers and please book at an alternative place. Several other reviews mention the sewage smell and the appalling pool facilities too.
Miscellaneous points to mention:
1. Animals are allowed in these premises but avoid booking if you have small children as the dogs can be loud and sometimes scary. The dogs are often found sitting on the sofas in reception and can be heard barking late at night and early morning.
2. The noise at night can be very loud and inconsiderate of families and elderly guests.
3. Only two room keys are available to guests staying in these premises which can be a pain for those families with more than 4+ guests, Once the key is taken out of the mains in the apartment, all electricity and air conditioning is switched off. This is not ideal for families when not everybody is leaving the apartment at the same time.
4. The lock mechanism on the front of the apartment doors is very CONFUSING! The reception staff do not make it clear on how to actually get in to the apartment so on our first night we were struggling to get the door open after a long journey!
5. The pool area is very cramped and not cleaned on a regular basis. The area is caged in and guests may feel locked up. The pool area doesn't facilitate a calm, relaxing environment and the sun loungers are very rarely available around the pool itself.
6. I understand that the weather at the time is extremely hot and creepy crawlies are to be expected, but on arrival to the apartment a huge lizard was hanging on the wall. My young daughter was afraid to sleep in the room and if the room had been inspected before our arrival, this could have been dealt with.
7. The sofa beds are worn and tired. They are uncomfortable to sleep on and are lumpy in places.
I have read on other reviews that the Apartamentos NuriaSol have offered rooms at cheap, affordable rates but I would rather spend a little bit more to have a stress free, relaxing holiday. If the above points sound like a nightmare to you - AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS!!!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Apartamentos NuriaSol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartamentos Nuriasol Hotel Fuengirola
- Apartamentos NuriaSol Fuengirola, Costa Del Sol