“Nuriasol”

Apartamentos NuriaSol
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Stayed here last June and it was very nice and friendly hotel very clean staff where friendly and tryed to help with any request .The mercadona supermarket it's very handy as it it just bellow the hotel.
I cannot review food as I didn't eat there but overall very happy and I will return this year this time for 2 weeks.

Room Tip: Top floor always the best
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank andre r

Reviewed 14 April 2014

On reading some of the reviews regarding this Hotel, I feel quite upset. My wife & I have stayed at this hotel twice and are going back this year in June.
We found all the staff very pleasant and obliging, rooms very clean and accessible, good balcony area, even though over looking the pool it was adequate. Yes the food is not of a good standard but the self catering option is very good with a dishwasher and lots of utensils. There is ample seating places all over the hotel if you don't want to venture out.
The gym is adequate and the hotel itself is ideally situated for Beach, Shops, and Bus & Train station. If you want 5* hotel facilities then pay 5* price. We cannot fault NuriaSol for price paid.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lilian C
Reviewed 11 April 2014

A warning before booking here do not book half board. Go self catering or stay somewhere else. The food really was the worse I've ever come across. Breakfast... Cold rubber eggs cold greasy bacon lukewarm porridge. Stale bread the list goes on. Evening meal was some times served in the bar which in itself was awful stale air people watching sport ingroups. Awful food cold pasta undercooked cold chips meat(what was the meat I ask?..). Stale rolls melting ice cream. A really odd mix of bits and pieces made me feel sick looking at it. Gave up there was so few people eating there they must have been serving leftovers all week. The apartment was very nice although the sofas were worn out. We overlooked the pool area which be warned gets no sun till midday. Sat one late afternoon there is an OCD. Lifeguard there who literally measures the spaces between each one also fussing round the whole time. I happen to have my sandals still on and he came rushing over "no shoes no shoes " he said. Well really ?on broken and dirty sun beds. Never sat down there again. It was easy walk to station and we went to other resorts also done a coach trip to Gibraltar. We like the costa del sol but would stay in toremolinos next time as a much nicer resort.

Room Tip: Best to overlook the road at the front as no sun till late in the day.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank 309Valp
Reviewed 6 April 2014

My family and I stayed in the Apartamentos NuriaSol during August 2013, last year. I can honestly say that there a very little points that are positive about this place! Please read before making a booking!!

My family and I decided to take the train from the airport straight to Los Boliches station, which is just a 5 minute walk away from these apartments. Don't bother arranging transfers as the station is ideally located just 5 mins away from the apartments. Once we arrived at the apartments, the reception was air conditioned and very large.We were given our room, and I cant describe the AWFUL stench of sewage that greeted us. The room was also dirty, lights were not working and the sofa beds were broken. It was very late at night when we arrived at Apartamentos NuriaSol so we were absolutely shattered when we got to our room. My family decided to grin and bear the smell for the night. However, the next morning the smell was unbearable and smelt very much like SEWAGE. I complained to reception and asked for another room, to which they were hesitant to re-locate us to another room. The staff were dismissive and weren't alarmed at our complaint. They were slow to react and we waited a whole day until somebody eventually came to offer to relocate us. I can honestly say the smell was revolting and ruined the start of our holiday. The smell predominantly came from the bathroom and spread around the rest of the apartment.

On arrival to our new apartment, we were relieved to have no smell of sewage but rather a stale odour instead. The room was dirty and dusty, with sticky floors and worktops. It had several fittings and fixtures that were yet again, broken. I had to call the maintenance man several times until we were satisfied with the apartment (broken fridge light, broken sofa bed, broken shower door, no working light in bedroom 1). The apartment was a good size and had various utensils on offer to use.

Other points to consider before booking this apartment for your holiday include:
1. The balconies have no lights so at night you are often engulfed in complete darkness. There is also a huge air conditioning unit on the balcony which takes up most of the space available and when on, can make the balcony unbearably hot!

2. The swimming pool area is not acceptable for the amount of guests the Apartamentos NuriaSol cater for. 3 parasols are available to use so not enough protection against the sun and the sun loungers are mostly broken and in awful condition. The pool itself is dirty and full of hair and other debris, and for some crazy reason only open at 12pm and closes at 8pm sharp!

3. The staff are unhelpful and rude at times probably due to the vast amount of guests that come and go during this busy holiday season. I understand this, but for guests this could be a holiday that has been eagerly anticipated for, and to be greeted by a glum looking face and rolling of the eyes is not welcoming at all!

Positive points about the Apartamentos NuriaSol are:
1. Fantastic location to local supermarket (located just below the apartments) and the train station is less than 5 mins walk away. Beach is walking distance away too.

2. Spacious reception area and the staff are willing to hold luggage your for you once you have checked out, if you have a late flight.

3. Free Wi-Fi available but you will need to ask for the login code on arrival.

Don't let the NuriaSol management make any more money out of us holiday-goers and please book at an alternative place. Several other reviews mention the sewage smell and the appalling pool facilities too.

Miscellaneous points to mention:
1. Animals are allowed in these premises but avoid booking if you have small children as the dogs can be loud and sometimes scary. The dogs are often found sitting on the sofas in reception and can be heard barking late at night and early morning.
2. The noise at night can be very loud and inconsiderate of families and elderly guests.
3. Only two room keys are available to guests staying in these premises which can be a pain for those families with more than 4+ guests, Once the key is taken out of the mains in the apartment, all electricity and air conditioning is switched off. This is not ideal for families when not everybody is leaving the apartment at the same time.
4. The lock mechanism on the front of the apartment doors is very CONFUSING! The reception staff do not make it clear on how to actually get in to the apartment so on our first night we were struggling to get the door open after a long journey!
5. The pool area is very cramped and not cleaned on a regular basis. The area is caged in and guests may feel locked up. The pool area doesn't facilitate a calm, relaxing environment and the sun loungers are very rarely available around the pool itself.
6. I understand that the weather at the time is extremely hot and creepy crawlies are to be expected, but on arrival to the apartment a huge lizard was hanging on the wall. My young daughter was afraid to sleep in the room and if the room had been inspected before our arrival, this could have been dealt with.
7. The sofa beds are worn and tired. They are uncomfortable to sleep on and are lumpy in places.

I have read on other reviews that the Apartamentos NuriaSol have offered rooms at cheap, affordable rates but I would rather spend a little bit more to have a stress free, relaxing holiday. If the above points sound like a nightmare to you - AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank SammieBee2014
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Spent 3 nights here at the end of March. Big apartment, good view, great pool, staff exceptional, 10 mins from station and 15 from the great prom where there's plenty of choice of places to eat.
Will be using again as have family not far from Fuengirola.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Alan W
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Stayed here with my husband on a weekend trip to Fuengirola. Check in was smooth. We had to get in an elevator to the 8th floor, then walk along a corridor and take another elevator to the 9th floor to reach our apartment. A bit strange. On entering the room we encountered a horrible smell. We assumed that maybe the room hadn't been used or a while and opened all the windows. The bad smell hung around all weekend. I assume it is a drain problem as others also complained of it. When I switched on the bathroom light I found a cockroach scuttling under the door. I swiftly got rid of it but spent the next 15 minutes scouring the apartment in case there were any more. Beds were comfortable and the apartment was spacious and clean. We made the mistake of paying up front for breakfast - possibly the worst I have encountered on my travels. Staff were rude and unhelpful. The food was sparse and inedible. Shocking when you can get a lovely breakfast in town for less than 3 euro. We come to Fuengirola at least once a year to visit friends and will definitely NOT be staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Lee1970
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I stayed here out of season in 2013. It could not be better situated. When you get off the brilliantly convenient and cheap airport rail link, the Nuriasol is 5 minutes walk away. I think you may actually be able to see it from the station. It doesn't look particularly welcoming on approach, but don't let that fool you. And the supermarket right underneath was a welcome sight.

The room was spacious and clean. The proximity of the rail station means you can visit several other resorts for a Euro or two. This was one of the best places I have stayed and for €20 a night.

I am going back for a few days tomorrow. I'm a bit concerned that a few recent reviews have compared their stays unfavourably with previous years, but I will report back. To be fair, I'm more interested in the location, and the apartments will have to be spectacularly bad for me to be negative about the place.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo