“Great food and service”

Restaurante Don Alfonso
Reserve with
Restaurante Don Alfonso is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #341 of 1,117 Restaurants in Fuengirola
Price range: US$7 - US$19
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We looked at the €16.50 menu on offer which caught our attention because it was such good value for the food available but actually went for a different 3 course set menu at about €19. We had fried camembert, pâté, and the steaks with peppercorn sauce, all lovely and presented so well. The cheesecake with a generous pour of baileys was also extremely good!

Reviewed 17 June 2018

We have visited Don Alfonso restaurant on three occasions now, have to say food, staff & friendliness is excellent !!! Staff are very accommodating, the set menus are tremendous value for money and more than enough even for us big eaters, you know guys that like a plateful, they are happy to chop & change sauces for your personal taste and do it with a smile. Bottle of wine included for every two adults eating, Jacqueleen & Celia inform me it's pretty good !!! Also have strongbow which is a personal favourite, Don Alfonso is one of those Spanish restaurants that we all walk past not daring to give it a go, believe me you won't be disappointed !!! Very reasonable prices, great attentive service with a smile, Alfonso & Ema really look after you. Situated along the lane from Toms Irish bar on the corner of Calle Pedrosa, worth looking for it !!!

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

What a great restaurant. Came by it by Accident on way to another restaurant on Monday 28 May. Decided to give it go as menu looked nice. Not many customers which is usually not good sign. However so glad we stopped. I had pate to start followed by the lamb. My partner had the soup and the salmon. All delicious. Cooked to perfection. I then had cheese cake while my partner had coffee. He was too full for desert. €41 which is amazing value. Back again tonight 31st May. Again a fabulous meal and price so reasonable. Chef super friendly and waiter the same. Lovely place and sort of off beaten track up a little Spanish side street. We have Recommended it to people we have met here on holidays so hopefully word Will get around about this great restaurant. Would highly recommend and plan to return before end of our holiday next week.

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

We used to visit Don Jesus when we visited Fuengerola so were really pleased to hear about this restaurant. The chef is super friendly and the menu reasonably priced. I chose monkfish and prawn skewers and my friend ordered salmon. Both were over cooked and very dry. Our partners both had slow cooked lamb which was delicious. We ordered cheesecake but they only had one baileys and one fruit. The baileys one was definitely passed its best. The fruit one was lovely. We thought we would give it another go. Unfortunately this was not a great experience. My husband ordered steak pie but the order got mixed up. Our friends meals arrived (We had to ask for the veg). Eventually my husbands steak pie arrived. It was all very chaotic and too many mistakes for a relaxing evening out. Hopefully these teething problems will soon get rectified.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

Came here Saturday night, place was really busy and had a good atmosphere. Two set menus on offer with plenty of choices at each course, both including half a bottle of wine. A la Carter also available. Food was good though the avocado prawns were a bit light on the prawns.

1  Thank JWMW101