“Hope you're fit and hungry”

Hotel Las Piramides
Ranked #30 of 37 Hotels in Fuengirola
Reviewed 17 September 2013

This hotel leaves much to be desired. The rooms are clean but I was worried by the fact that the wiring was plugged into adaptors rather that extra sockets being installed, and there is a step up to the toilet in the bathroom which is quite dangerous until you get used to it . There are no tea / coffee making facilities in the rooms (4 star!!!). The food at breakfast was simply shocking, and the queues for the coffee / toast machines appalling (there are only 2 of each) - we only attempted it two or three times. The food at the evening meal offered a plentiful choice but was of mediocre quality, and the maitre d' cannoned into my disabled husband almost knocking him over, and never even apologised. On the day we were leaving I rang reception to ask for assistance with the cases, having ascertained the day before that this was a service which could be provided. No one answered the phone (I rang twice), so as we were then only 10 minutes from our pick up time I struggled down with the cases myself. When I went to reception to hand in my safe key and room card (there were now 2 people there!) and mentioned this, the girl just said "really?". Needless to say we will not be returning.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 September 2013

I booked here for 4 nights and only managed 2, the hotel smelt awful. My room was tired and the hallways, lift and lobby area are in need of a refurbishment. I'm sure this hotel was a 4* 20yrs ago but very misleading in comparison to alternative hotels. On the positive side, the air con system in the room was very quiet and is well located to the beach, however I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joecasari
Reviewed 10 September 2013

The lift in the hotel broke down at 2:00am, we were stuck init for a long period of time, the hotel staff were not bothered. they didn't respond to the alarm, breakfast is a no go at the hotel, many mornings we went down and spend 30-40 mins in a que to find there was no hot foods left just toast, very lack of foods ad fruit. evening meals were okey, although you would wait for someone to take your drinks order for 20-30 mins, most days we had finished our food before they took our drinks order. this hotel is prob more like a 2* hotel than a 4.
The drink prices are £4.50 for a beer, £4.00 for a coke and £3.00 for a water. very excessive! the bar over the road (Sunshine Bar) is much cheaper and is a nice bar, we spent alot of time in this bar. would I return to this hotel. deferential not.

Room Tip: Rooms for 2 or more people, beds are crammed into a 2 bed room. see view is limited
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 September 2013

This is the 3rd time there and it is the worst it has been. €35.00 for a safe???
Breakfast and dinner are the same as last 3 years. Food is very very poor.

We stayed as a group of golfers and they think we have not been on holiday before.

Never will I go a gain to this hotel. Its the bottom of my list.

Room Tip: Do not book this hotel if you like your food or you think you are getting a 4 star service.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Hotel is in good location very close to the beach and close to the city centre. Room nice and clean with AC, mini fridge and was clean daily. Reception staff very helpful. My departure flight was late in the evening so after check out time 12pm they kept my bag and I was given room for hour to change and have shower before my departure. Breakfast was poor but still there was choice and water melon was yummy. Buffet was nice with lots of fish, nice vegetables and lovely seasonal fruits. Well if you are looking for fish and chips, chicken nuggets and macaroni cheese I guess you can find it in many classy British restaurant close by.
I stayed half board, my friends stayed in different place I felt very safe in the hotel and if you smile at people they will almost always smile back.
Had great time and I will be back :)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Dee S
Reviewed 27 August 2013

recently stayed at this hotel, far too much to say so will explain some key things.

not very helpful to be honest. i arrived late and they couldn't even offer me something to eat.

key card broke down on us for 3 days, everytime i had to go into my room i had to wait for an "maintenance" guy to let me in. dont bother about asking for local information. utterly clueless. breakfast and dinner is basic. not all bad though, i got a free pidgeon feather in my croissant. did point it out, but the waiter just walked away. Also the pool is shut after 7pm(why??), so dont expect a nice swim after a hot day touring the countryside or shopping. you also have to "rent" the safe in your room... why?

on a positive note, it is very clean. room and pool were kept clean. Also this is not a SPA hotel. dont book this place if you are thinking of going to a SPA hotel. Ropey massage room with a tiny gym. didnt even see the mythical jacuzzi. Not a 4 star hotel!

Room Tip: The rooms are clean, if you want an ocean view. do specify it as they are at a premium in terms of a...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

Hotel is very close to the beach, and most rooms with a nice view. On the downside it is very old, you have to wait a lot for the elevators, as they are few, small and slow. Worst thing of all was in the breakfast.... beverages are in one automatic machine so there s a big line for it. The machine serves all beverages from the same tube, so when i pressed for water it came with orange juice flavour. Disgusting. Only come here if it is the cheapest option for partying in marbella.

• Stayed: August 2013