Hotel Las Piramides
US$103
US$73
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Hotel Ilunion Fuengirola(Fuengirola)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$119
Florida Spa(Fuengirola)
US$147
US$132
  • Pool
Myramar Fuengirola Hotel(Fuengirola)(Great Value!)
US$73
Las Rampas(Fuengirola)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$96
  • Pool
Hotel Mainare Playa Fuengirola(Fuengirola)(Great Value!)
US$83
  • Restaurant
1,166 results
All reviewscovered poolhappy houracross the roadfish dishescold meatson a half board basishotel is in a great locationbit datedbuffet styleper daycleaned every dayfresh towelsmiramar shopping centresea frontrestaurants and barsplenty of choiceplenty of sunbeds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 November 2013

After reviewing on Trip Adviser and then choosing Las Piramides several months ago for a 5 night October stay we were a little surprised to see a flurry of critical reviews just before we travelled. My overidding view is that they were unjustified. I'm not sure what most people would want from a hotel in Fuengirola priced as Las Piramides is. The pool was sizeable and attended constantly. The bar areas we pleasant and atmospheric. The breakfast was adequate with most tastes catered for and was in relaxed surroundings. It was identical every morning so was a bit boring by the end of day 5 but there's only so much you can do with breakfast. The rooms were basic to good though the air conditioning in our room leaked so we didn't bother with it - we didn't fancy getting re roomed after having unpacked everything and it wasn't really needed in October. The bed wasn't all that comfortable and I'm not a lover of long bolster pillows that cover the width of the bed though I'm sure that could have been sorted if I'd mentioned it. My only real gripe was that they charged €5 a day for the safe key. Most hotels have more modern combination safes and they are free. All in all, I feel this is a more than adequate hotel for the price and the venue (i.e. not somewhere we wanted to do much except sleep - we were out all day taking in the sun). I wouldn't hesitate to book again for the right deal.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank John M
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I have just come back from a 5 day stay in this hotel and was happy with the hotel in general. I must comment on the food standard, breakfast is the same choice everyday, and you have to lay your own table and clear away plates on an Ikea type trolley. There are huge lids on all hot food tray that you have to lift to discover whats inside whilst balancing your extremely hot plate of food in the other hand. Food was tasteless in general. Very poor choice of desserts. The person who is at the door of the resturant was disinterested in anything but taking money. Staff in resturant seemed to forget that there were paying customers in both resturants as they were talking loudly chatting and mucking around obliviously not all all interested in customers. This was the general feeling of everyone we spoke with during our stay.
Excellent location and rooms are clean and functional, flat screen TV in all rooms.

Room Tip: Noisy rooms and you can hear all the goings on around the hotel, fights and arguments on the beach front, coastguards etc.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank 567Michelle
Reviewed 25 October 2013

We stayed 10 nights as a couple and we really liked this hotel. We were booked as B&B but paid separately for dinner on 4 occasions because it was so good. I don't understand the 'tired, out-of-date' comments. The foyer was very large with an exceptional number of seating areas around low tables where WiFi was free. Everywhere was beautifully clean & functional. Hot showers & baths, brilliant air conditioning which was almost silent, a lovely big pool with towels provided. The breakfast so many people had a problem with was varied and delicious; hot/cold where appropriate and I've already mentioned the terrific evening meals in a different salon.
O.K a few niggles: we didn't get the west facing room we requested but then we couldn't be bothered to move! This hotel is not suitable for children. Apart from a Flamenco Show one night the entertainment was pathetic (didn't bother us because we like to go out and explore) and, er, I can't think of any other negatives. The location is sensational, right on the beach, next to the Sunday morning market, close to the town for exploration, no probs parking and near enough to station and bus routes. My adult son who is very well-travelled more or less agrees with me but says we should give a BAD REVIEW and it will help keep the price low. Ah now I see ........

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Susan F
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We stayed at Las Piramides for 3 nights. The hotel is in a great location just opposite the beach and close to lots of restaurants and bars. I had no difficulty parking the car either outside the hotel or in a nearby street.
Although the hotel was clean the décor is getting very "tired". There are plenty of amenities (pool, restaurants, spa, etc.) but I'm no sure how it can claim be a 4 star hotel.
Unfortunately, no Wi-Fi and they charge for internet access in the lobby.
All the staff were very helpful and pleasant.
The breakfast buffet is extensive but can get very busy making it a bit of a "rugby scrum".

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I am writing this in the lobby area of the hotel (free WiFi) while waiting for my wife before we go for a walk along the promenade which is just a stone's throw away.
I must admit I'm a little mystified, if not a bit annoyed, by all the negative reviews this hotel is receiving. It's the middle of October and, as I look around me, the decor is in good condition and everywhere is spotlessly clean. Far from "looking tired" and "in need of updating" as other reviewers have stated. Likewise, our room is spotless with comfortable beds. Coffee making facilities are not included so we brought our own travel kettle (not rocket science is it?).
Someone stated that the breakfast was "dreadful". That is total drivel. This is a Spanish hotel, they cater for every nationality and do it very well.
I would have no hesitation in recommending Las Piramides to my friends and we would definitely stay here again. It is situated at the quieter end of Fuengirola away from the myriad of "English Pubs" which suits us fine.
Perhaps those reviewers who can't go a day without a full English breakfast should stay at the other end or, better still, Blackpool!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple