Hotel Monarque Torreblanca
Hotel Ilunion Fuengirola(Fuengirola)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$73
US$178
US$162
Agoda.com
Hotel Mainare Playa Fuengirola(Fuengirola)(Great Value!)
US$134
  • Restaurant
US$109
US$93
US$125
US$130
US$113
  • Pool
Stella Maris Apartamentos(Fuengirola)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$114
US$110
  • Pool
All reviewstrain stationpool barhalf boardsmaller poolplenty of choicemalaga airportmeal timespaellaplenty of sunbedsrooms are largespanish pensionersbit datedsea frontflamenco dancerssmall fridgeevery eveninglovely beach
Reviewed 14 February 2014

stayed here with a few of my mates for a golfing holiday in jne 2013.. we are all in our forties and appreciate a good hotel. We are going back in june 2014 - already booked.
Staff were brilliant. we arrived 12;30 at night had a quick check in then staff ushered to restaurant were they had kept us meats cheeses salad bread bottle of wine and soft drinks. they also kept a barman at hand for us to have a pint of San Miguel.
The staff let us keep all our golf gear in a locked room near reception and were happy to let us have access at any time.
The food was great with plenty of choice, nice wine too (Rioja)
Th poolside snack bar was good, serving toasties and big branded drinks.
Good entertainment if you like spanish culture - which i do.
5 minute taxi to Fuengirola nightlife.

The only downside is smallish pool, but as I am not an olympic swimmer what the hell.

Room Tip: good veiws for almost entire hotel if you go high.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
7  Thank Mrboj
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We stayed here from 28 th oct- 2nd November. Food was good and plenty of choice. All inclusive was great! Room was large and had a sea view and big balcony.Drinks and snacks were served from the cafe bar as it was the end of season and pretty quiet so the pool bar was closed.
Lovely area, near the beach and a walk to Fuengirola. Train station was next to the hotel so it's easy to travel to Torremolinos, Benalmadena or Malaga as well as the airport.
Staff were great. Entertainment not brilliant but we didn't care! Day time activities if you wanted to join in. Gorgeous weather. Hotel was great for the money, only negative was the sunbeds that were a bit old and worn. We would definitely go back.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank chocofluff1
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Just got back from a 5day break. This is most definitely not 4* hotel I would place it at a push as a 3* whoever rates these hotels needs a new job. It is very dated & tatty and in need of a complete refurbishment. It also isn't particularly clean. Food is poor and definitely not even 3* standard in fact fill up at breakfast as this is probably the best meal of the day (they even have chips - never before have I seen chips at breakfast - really 4*?!).
Every meal is self service you even have to get your own drinks. The staff however are very friendly.
The bedroom was a good size (in need of refurbishment) but basic - fridge was broken, you had to pay to use the safe (4* hotels don't normally charge) There are no tea/coffee making facilities in your room and if your an early riser like me your stuffed as breakfast doesn't open till 8 and then there is nowhere open after breakfast closes at 10 open to get a drink until 11!
Beach is nice 3minute walk but sunbeds have to be paid for (4* hotels do not charge for sunbeds?) the hotel does not provide towels for the beach/pool which I've never known at any other 4* hotel I've stayed in.
The pool - I did not see this cleaned once in the 5 days I was there. One day it was so filthy and full of leaves etc that it looked like a pool that had been left for months. Also the pool bar was closed the whole time.
I have always been told that a 4* hotel in the Caribbean is equivalent to a 3* in Europe -this is definetly not the case.
I would suggest save your money or psy out a little bit more and go elsewhere. It is true what they say you only get what you pay for - THIS SHOULD NOT BE A 4* HOTEL I feel like I was conned :(

• Stayed: October 2013
6  Thank Sweetpea2161
Marketing D, Gerente at Hotel Monarque Torreblanca, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Many thanks for your comments, they will be certainly considered in order to improve our facilities and services.

Please do not hesitate in contact us for any further assistance.

Best regards

Federico López
Manager

Reviewed 20 October 2013

We revisited the Torreblanca hotel in October 2013 after two years and found it to be just as good as the first time we stayed there. The facilities are spot on, the food excellent and the room service very efficient. The little bar at the railway station is still open and just as lively!! All in all another excellent stay!!

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Denis A
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel, based on the negative reviews I read before my trip. Rooms were large, clean and had all the essentials, including a fridge and large balcony that got the sun all day. As a solo traveller, I was impressed to have a full size room on the 7th floor, with a good view. The hotel was in a quiet area, and from my floor, the only noise came from the train doors opening and closing on the station that is right beside the hotel. It is positioned on a very steep hill, though and I would take the train rather than a road transfer if staying here again, as the coach dropped and collected at the bottom of the hill (by the bus stop) and the station was nearer. Very good free WiFi in the lobby. Unlike some previous reviewers, I found the reception staff to be extremely helpful. They booked several excursions for me with no issue and arranged for an early breakfast for me on the days that the trips left early. They were also happy to offer tips on the best way to get to local attractions, making sure that I knew the best stop to leave the train etc. On my first day, I arrived in the late afternoon and was able, not only to book a trip for the next day, but was also offered a packed lunch, despite the fact that it was after the time they normally require to organise this service. Very impressive and very much appreciated. I had no issue with the reception staff not speaking English - all the people I came across spoke English fluently and were friendly if spoken to pleasantly. Cleaning and restaurant staff were all very efficient. Food was generally plain and traditional, but plentiful, well-cooked and served at the correct temperature. Overall, this hotel was a good base from which to explore the local area. It is not ideal for those looking for nightlife or lots of British company.

Room Tip: High rooms are quiet with a good view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo