“Hotel on a building site.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Las Palmeras

Hotel Las Palmeras
Ranked #30 of 37 Hotels in Fuengirola
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Hotel on a building site.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

1. on a building site for 2 weeks for our Ruby anniversary.
2. dusty and smelling of cement, cement dusk blowing into hotel awful
3. food always warm not hot. over cooked, few night the dinner was salty.
4 beds too hard.
5 shower very hot one minute and warm the next.
was very disappointed with our special anniversary holiday. we not be going there again. wouldnt of gone if we had know about the road being dug up and the noise.

Room Tip: Not on the front, as its near the London Inn pub opposite, noisy.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mickeymouse186258
Carmen S, Channel Online Manager at Hotel Las Palmeras, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for having chosen us for your stay in Fuengirola, as well as for taking the time to post your experience on Tripadvisor. We are very sorry that your holidays did not meet your expectations. It's very important to let us know to improve our services. Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Oxford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

never again.
one of this hotels makes you to regret that you come to holiday. Food so bad , I had bad stomach from the second day. Staff and employees so rude , from first night my wife asked the receptionist at 1 am for a help to bring our bags into the hotel , he said we did have anybody do that. We have 6 bags and two children. Kids club was closed even we ask before to book for a kids club in the hotel. never again. these are just two issuses???????

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Carmen S, Channel Online Manager at Hotel Las Palmeras, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Dear Guest,
First of all, thank you very much for your stay and your kind comment about Hotel Las Palmeras.
We take note about the negative comments, it's very important to let us know to imporve our services. We hope to see you soon. Kind regards from Fuengirola in Costa del Sol

Travellers are raving about these Fuengirola hotels

Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Great day time location with lovely view overlooking harbour. It is located very central and with good restaurants within short walking distances.
Night time was good if you enjoy sleeping in a disco!! Too much loud music and youngsters shouting ..... All night from 01.00-06.30.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Marianne H
Carmen S, Channel Online Manager at Hotel Las Palmeras, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear Marianne H,
First of all, sorry for the delay to answer you and we would like to thank you indeed for havin taken some of your valuable time to send us your opinion. We really appreciate your comments, do not hesitate that we will take good note about them in order to keep improving our service, ensuring a good quality service and guest satisfaction. Looking forward to welcoming you again and making your stay an unforgattable experience. With our best regards,
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here quite a few times. It's not a four star hotel and is showing it's age but...

It's scrupulously clean and the rooms are a really good size

The road outside is being dug up and when it's done it will be a big improvement with most of it being paved over for pedestrians. There is noise from the Lindon pub but I always ask for a room away from it

As a base for golfers it's great. Right in the middle of Fuengirola but I wouldn't take my wife and family for an all inclusive break. I would say read the reports before booking but I've never been unhappy with it

Stayed November 2013
Carmen S, Online Channel Manager at Hotel Las Palmeras, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
We value the feedback that you give us about the hotel, it's very important for us know the experience of our guests with your prospect, as it helps us to improve the quality of our services and thereby improve the satisfaction of our guests. Thank again for the time you took to write about your experience. Kind Regards,
Walsall UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

I travelled at the end of October during half term with extended family. Hotel located opposite sea front and near to bus and train terminals as well as cafes, restaurants and shops which was ideal for my in-laws. The location and price were the main reasons for choosing this hotel.
Service throughout the hotel was efficient without being over friendly. We had booked sea view rooms but on arrival we were given rooms overlooking the hotel car park/compound for damaged vehicles as we were told that the sea view rooms available would be too noisy for our children as they overlooked music bars and road works that were being carried out. This was a conscious decision made by the hotel and we were given the option to change if we wanted. We didn't!
The hotel was adequate for our needs at this time of year and a good base but I wouldn't stay here for my main family holiday. You can see that it was once a grand hotel but it is now in need of a bit of TLC to bring it back to modern standards.
It was the cheapest in this range in Fuengirola half board when we travelled so you get what you pay for. Due to it's location by many music bars and the vast number of street sellers that congregate around the hotel in the evening I wouldn't recommend it for family's as it can be quite intimidating in the evening when coming back in. This may not bother a lot of people but I felt it wasn’t pleasant for my children and in-laws.
Food was no better or worse than similar type hotels and was served in buffet style. The pool area was dated and in need of revamping and didn't entice you to spend much time here. We stayed for 1 hour for the whole week but it could be turned into a main feature.
Overall the hotel was OK. Certainly not as bad as some have made out but still I wouldn't choose it for my main holiday. It's location even though convenient to all amenities was also it's downfall being surrounded by late night music bars and so many street sellers of all sorts!
It may be suitable for young couples or groups seeking a lively location on the evenings otherwise I would recommend one of the many hotels located 400 m in either direction along the sea front if you budget will stretch that far. I have previously stayed at the Torreblanca and Castle ends of Fuengirola and walked into the centre and I would certainly recommend this if you don't mind a short stroll to the seafront .
Recommend trips to Gibraltar and Mijas. Best value for Gib was from office at the bus station. I have used these twice now for trips.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view on the 'sunny side' of the hotel or over the pool. Alternatively as high a...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Carmen S, Online Channel Manager at Hotel Las Palmeras, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Dear guest,
We would like, first of all, to thank you for sharing your opinion about our hotel on Tripadvisor.
We appreciate your feedbach and we wish to thank you for your open words, wich helps us to constantly re-evaluate ourselves to improve our product and services.
Thank you once again and we hope to welcome you back soon.
Best Regards,
Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

My Sister and I stayed here back in Oct of this year (2013). The Las Palmeras Hotel is in a great location, provided us with good Food & Accommodation. Their staff were mainly helpful & friendly expect for the hotel's 'IN House Hairdresser'. I booked a Wash, Cut & Blow Dry appointment at reception, and was told it would cost 30 euros. Once I reached the salon, I reconfirmed the cost to ensure I had the correct cash. The 'IN House Hotel Hairdresser' again confirmed that my appointment would cost 30 Euros. When my appointment was over and she had finished blow drying my hair, She said that due to the extra shampooing treatments used on my hair that It would now cost 50 Euros, however, I never asked for these treatments and had no idea if she actually did them or not. She was quite abrasive towards me, and insisted I paid the extra 20 Euros. When I questioned the fact that, I never asked for any Special Hair Treatments to be put in my hair and at any stage of the appointment was I informed or given the option to avail of this extra service, The hairdresser again proceed to be quite blunt and insisted I must pay, after some bickering, for peace sake I paid the 50 Euros...... Advise to guests using the hotels hair salon, ask to pay in advance!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mary_Johnson2013
Carmen S, Online Channel Manager at Hotel Las Palmeras, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
Stockport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

This hotel offers excellent location 100 yards from the beach. Friendly and helpful staff. Good choice of food on a self service basis. Clean room. I would definitely recommend this hotel and will return.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Carmen S, Online Channel Manager at Hotel Las Palmeras, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear Mrs. Allison6001,
First of all let us thank yu for your kind comments about our hotel and for sharing it with the rest of Tripadvisor users. We are really proud to know that our service and food have exceeded your expectations. We do our very best to continue improving our facilities to satisfy all the requirements of our clients. In the name of all the team of the Hotel Las Palmeras, we hope to see you again and have the opportunity to offer you a delighful stay. Greetings from heart,