“good enough”
Review of Hotel Las Palmeras

Hotel Las Palmeras
Ranked #25 of 37 Hotels in Fuengirola
Reviewed 2 October 2006

I have stayed at this hotel on numerous occasions over the past 5 years, and while it is certainly fading, it still represents good value in a good location.
Good points include the roof top pool, generous room sizes, cleanliness, friendly staff.
Be warned however, avoid a room to the front of the hotel which overlooks the London Pub and a couple of nightclubs. It is almost impossible to get any sleep on this side of the hotel with the noise.
We stayed on a B & B basis, so I cannot comment on the evening meals, the breakfast however is average, and the dining room itself is quite bare, not very comfortable.
In all, I will probably use this hotel again as I feel the positives outweigh the negatives.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank MacEochaidh
Write a ReviewReviews (1,346)

Reviewed 26 September 2006

I have recently returned from a weeks stay at the Las Palmeras hotel in Fuengirola.

I chose the hotel because I wanted a good standard hotel centrally located in Fuengirola and it completely met my requirements. The room was well appointed with two beds, en suite facilities, air conditioning, balcony, safe and television. The room was cleaned daily and used towels replaced. Breakfast was the usual buffet service for cooked eggs, bacon, sausages, cold items, toast, fruit juice, tea and coffee.

The central location enabled me to visit nearby restaurants for an evening meal. There were a large variety of restaurants with good food and wine at reasonable prices and a lively atmosphere. After the evening meal there are numerous bars to visit to suit various requirements.

After reading previous comments about this hotel I requested a room which overlooked the swimming pool and wasn't disturbed by any outside noise at night.

The hotel is close to the train and bus stations which enabled me to visit other places using the frequent services at reasonable prices. A return journey to Malaga on the train cost 3.55 Euros and a single bus journey to Marbella cost 2.55 Euros.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
4  Thank Richard A B 1
aberdeen, scotland
Reviewed 14 July 2006

We have not long returned from our 7 day holiday at the Las Palmeras hotel . I was really worried about going after reading some of the reviews but i have to say the hotel was excellent. It is an older hotel and it does look a bit drab from the outside but i could not fault the cleanliness of the hotel, the towels were changed daily and the bedding regularly.
The food was good but you have to remember you are not in Britain and they cater for all nationalities, there is a lot of fish on the menu but plenty other choices.
The rooms have all been refurbished and are large .
There was little noise from the night club across the road , we are at the side of the hotel.
I would rate the hotel as 3 star comparing it to ratings in the U.K.

• Stayed: June 2006
10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Leeds, England
Reviewed 9 June 2006

On reading reviews on this hotel i was very disapointed on reading them and was very unsure wheather i would enjoy my stay at the hotel.

I was wrong!!! We had a brilliant stay, i really can't understand what all the complaining was about in reviews i had read.

The rooms were very clean and spacious, we had a room at the back of the hotel overlooking the pool, the air conditioning was brilliant as the nights were really warm. The only fault about the rooms were they didn't have a fridge in them. There was a shop near by though that you could buy beer and pop to bring back to the room. The safety deposit boxes were abit expensive at 30 euros for the stay but worth it to keep everything safe.

The restaurant was large, the breakfasts were the usual, full english, toast, fruit, yogurts etc, some nights dinner was abit disapointing. As i don't eat much meat other than chicken or turkey i found a couple of nights i was unable to eat much, they had alot of fish on offer and veal nearly every night. The salads were nice and fresh with quite a good choice. I would rate the food as being 3 star rather than 4 as advertised by the hotel.

The surrounding pubs and clubs were very good, lots of choice with the London Pub over the road, quite expensive at 6 euros for a malibu and coke. Go to the Karokoe bar round the corner they have happy 2 hours everynight and staff very friendly.

We went to the waterpark 5 euros in a taxi and had a brilliant day, well worth the 15euros each entrance.

Beachs were very nice aswell, watch out of the jellyfish in the sea though, my boyfriend got stung on the first day, we didn't venture in again!!!!

Overall the holiday was very good, i would recomend couples and singles to go there as lots of nightlife on offer.

• Stayed: May 2006
14  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
London, UK
Reviewed 17 May 2006

I stayed at the Las Palmeras Hotel in Fuengirola for 5 nights from 11th May 2006, with family and friends to attend a wedding nearby.
When we arrived I thought we were in Brighton! For those who have never been to Fuengirola before it's a typical 'Brits abroad' kinda town, a long beach front with lots of high rises and the usual shops, restaurants and 'English' bars. If you're happy to explore, there are lots of side streets bustling with restaurants which are great at night. I was surprised to see such a variety of people, particularly older people and there were plenty of stag and hen parties.
The hotel itself is huge! Our room was quite big with a balcony overlooking a garage hence the wrecks pictured in an earlier review! It was pretty quiet at night. The room was newly refurbed, the bathroom was a great size complete with power shower and bidet! Flip flops advised when taking a shower in the bath as it gets slippery. Marble floor throughout. Our room was cleaned every day and I feel that the overall cleanliness of the hotel was excellent, however they could've made more of an effort to clean the bird poo off the tops of the balcony walls! TV had foreign channels only, no mini bar, great breakfast choice of continental, cold cooked meats and cooked breakfast. Nice pool area, a real suntrap on the 5th floor! Overall if Fuengirola is the holiday destination you're looking for then this hotel is great. I would definitely stay there again. We all had a very happy holiday!

13  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 May 2006

We have recently returned from the Las Palmeras hotel after 7 nights half board accommodation. After initially booking this hotel I read some of the recent reviews and thought I had made a big mistake. On one of the review recommendations I requested a room overlooking the rear of the hotel on the 8th floor and I have to say that my wife and I had a great time. The hotel staff were very friendly, the hotel was very clean with towel & linen changes daily. The food was very acceptable and there was something there for everyones' taste.
The hotel location is one of it's biggest assetts as it is ideally located for access to the beach, bars and restaurants. There are a number of lively bars and clubs at the front of the hotel which I imagine could be quite noisey in the early hours, hence the request for a room at the back of the hotel.
The attractive swimming pool and patio area is located on the 5th floor and the only real negative I have abouth this hotel is that the swimming pool is FREEZING. My wife loves to swim daily but even she only managed a swim once on our first day, so please hotel management, turn up the water temperature!!

• Stayed: April 2006