“Lovely hotel with great facilities and staff”
Review of Yaramar Hotel

Yaramar Hotel
Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in Fuengirola
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I've just been reading through some of the reviews for this hotel and I wonder if I stayed in the same place as the people moaning about it. I've stayed in many places in different countries and experienced fowl and weird food. surly waiters/waitresses with surly security staff stopping me bringing water bottles into the premises! It seemed this wasn't allowed. At the Yaramar over two holidays I experienced good hot varied food. My room was cleaned every day and the linen was changed as frequently as I wished. All the public areas were maintained in good order and the bar staff were lovely. The Thomson reps worked hard to entertain and were so talented. The Gold hotels are adults only and definitely appeal to middle aged and upwards. Those moaning about this need to read reviews and maybe look for brochures for more youthful clientele/hotels. Its not rocket science. All the rooms have a sea view, TV, tea/coffee and a free safe!! I've paid £40 for two weeks for this elsewhere. The fridge can be hired for E30 for two weeks. Anyway to finish I have had only good holidays at the Yarama and recommend it highly.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank suffolklad55
MLhoteles, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Yaramar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about Hotel Yaramar and for choosing it as your holiday hotel. We are very happy to hear you have only had good holidays at our hotel and we hope you continue doing it. It will be a pleasure to us to have you around soon.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

I have just returned from a week at Yaramar- my first visit to this resort.

The hotel was superb- a lovely room on 12th floor with side sea views right up the cost as far as the eye can see.All rooms have sea views as the hotel only has rooms on the front and one side.

The bed was harder than I'm used to, so following a suggestion on another review, I asked for a mattress topper which was much better.

The food was amazing- endless choice- we couldn't fault it.The only gripe I have is that the waiters start taking tables out of use about an hour before the restaurant closes so all diners are crammed into one area- I found this really annoying being hemmed in on all sides and in the sun- the area round the corner was much cooler- but once the waiter had decided 'is not possible to sit there' we had no choice but to put up with it, as the 'waiters were in charge'.Why they couldn't leave ever other row still available is beyond me.Let us spread out and feel comfortable!

The entertainment was quite good- there is usually a singer on in the ground floor lounge -but be aware that the best entertaiment is on the stage in the 'disco'-downstairs.This isn't very clear- just a small door at the end of the bar in the ground floor lounge leads to it- it was only after wondering where people were going to through that door that we discovered the existence of the basement entertainment area! The signage could do with improvement! Perhaps describing it as Cabaret Lounge rather than 'discoteque' would be more accurate!

Flopsy

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank Flopsy1945
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Is an old but given my experience of this hotel very true ! The clientele are mainly late middle aged , but they have certainly exercised wisdom in picking this privately owned venue.
Service is friendly but very efficient ( more later ) food selection at breakfast excellent quality first rate.
Very smart pool area , and all spotlessly clean and continually kept clean.
We had a refurbished room overlooking the pool , best side without doubt great view of bay.
On the service front the haidryer gave up as my wife was getting ready to go for dinner, within five minutes very smiley electrician in the room and unit replaced , never seen such a response any where else.
An object lesson in following the smarter older generation , great value great central location a hidden gem .

Room Tip: As high as you can overlooking the pool , it means you are west facing for the afternoon sun
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
9  Thank Keith R
MLhoteles, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Yaramar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2013

Thank you for your review and your kind words. Being considered a hidden gem is the nicest compliment ever! We hope to see you back at the Yaramar very soon.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

A really nice comfortable hotel,pleasant staff,super location,right on the beach.Buffet style food was more than adequate,it's true the hotel is starting to fray around the edges,particularly the bathrooms but hey! every thing works.Entertainment team worked extremly hard we really enjoyed their shows,in fairness a very talented group.Travelled with Thomson beware of their latest trick,once you're on the transfer bus a rep will tell we're waiting for another plane to land,this could mean sitting there for who knows how long,their saving pennies by trying to fill buses,we complained bitterly,they relented and sent us on our way,not a good start to our week.Still overall a good trip.

Room Tip: Poolside rooms great view and afternoon sun.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank phillip j
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Have happily stayed at the Yaramar many times.
It is now time the Hotel was refurbished.
The rooms are looking tired and dated. There were holes in the curtains, hard beds, fittings loose from the wall and shabby furniture. The cleaners do a wonderful job of keeping these rooms spotless. It must be a thankless task!
The food has also taken a downturn. It was nowhere near the standard of my previous visits and I must agree with the previous reviewer who noted that the Spanish night lacked enthusiasm.
The entertainment in the lounge was very lacklustre and repetitive with "Rat Pack" music in some form or other most nights. The singer on Thursday 28th May was atrocious. He obviously did not want to be there and interspersed his songs with insulting comments to the audience "I always wanted to be a Dentist" and "You would rather all be at the Bingo" Terrible! Only Silvio was consistent.
The staff are all very nice, but they also seem to be losing their enthusiasm and the Thomson team did not appear to interact very well.
It is still a nice Hotel in a good location, but is now well below the expected standard for a Gold Hotel

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Peckisher
MLhoteles, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Yaramar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2013

Dear guest,
We are sorry you found our hotel did not meet your expectations in terms of entetainment during your last stay. The Thomson team have just arrived but we believe they are very hard working and do all their best to suit their activities and shows to everyone's taste. About our hotel needing a refurbishment, we are continuosly maintaining our premises and we are already planning decorative changes in some areas as many of our guests are repeat guests and we understand they like to see new things every now and then. Thank your for your review.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

We have just got back from our 4th stay at the Yaramar and it is starting to show signs for a need for a redecoration. Why, because its starting to lose its justification as one of Thomsons most expensive hotels in Fuengirola.

The bedroom decor is starting to look very dated and tired, the Spanish night lacked enthusiasm and effort compared to previous visits. Glass tumblers in bedrooms are now plastic. The beds are hard and uncomfortable. The safe did not work properly.

Don't get me wrong its still a good hotel for service and location but it is starting to show its age. We went to visit Las Rampas as an alternative (having previously stayed at the Angela and the Florida) whilst we were in Fuengirola (which is hundreds cheaper than the Yaramar) and that had WoW factor.

If anyone reading this review thinks I am just a moaner - read my review of this hotel two years ago - I know this hotel has been at a better standard.

Would I go back - not at Thomson Gold rated highest priced hotel - its not the best now.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank KentEnglander

Dear guest,

Thank you for your loyalty and for letting us know the areas you think we should improve on. About the redecoration, we can tell you that we are already planning some changes for our rooms and hope to be able to do them in the near future. We hope to see you back again.

Reviewed 26 May 2013

The Yaramar is a nice hotel, the rooms were adequate and clean. Great view from the balcony and a nice swimming pool. The hotel's best feature is its location right on the sea front. Didn't eat at the hotel so cannot comment. All in all though a nice hotel and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
MLhoteles, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Yaramar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2013

Thank you for writing a review about Hotel Yaramar on Trip Advisor. We really appreciate your comments and hope you choose us again as your holiday hotel if you come back to Costa del Sol.