“Lovely holiday.”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Surrey, United Kingdom
“Lovely holiday.”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I stayed here mid-June and had a fantastic week at the hotel. The staff were extremely helpful and lovely, particularly in the dining room in which we were always warmly welcomed. The location of the hotel was very good as well- across from the beach and only a short walk from the shops and bars. I was actually surprised at the value for money in the shops and bars.
The swimming pool was also very good and I never had any problem finding a sunbed with an umbrella so I didn't end up going to the beach at all. The activities on offer were a nice touch- in particular yoga in the mornings and the quiz that was held daily.
The room was perfectly adequate with a lovely balcony and was kept very clean by the maid service. Sleeping at night wasn't a problem either as it was very quiet. We had a sea facing room on the seventh floor and there was little or no noise that I noticed from the street as the hotel is not in the center of town.
The food was okay, I would have preferred less English options and more Spanish food but I know they have to cater for a range of tastes. However, I was impressed by the gluten free options as usually going away can be a bit of a nightmare for me in terms of food. Each morning one of the waitresses was happy to get me some gf bread without having to ask after a few days, which was a nice touch. The only time I felt a little left out was on Spanish night when unfortunately everything was covered in batter. But there was always fresh meat and vegetables available so it wasn't really an issue. The omelette bar in the morning was also very good. I only tried food from the pool bar on the last day but it was nice. I had a coffee there most days though and it was always nice.
The only issue I had in the whole week was with the reception staff on the last day. We had a late flight and had to check out of our room by 12, which was fine. We asked in the morning if a courtesy room would be available to use before we left and they assured us it would. Yet, when we came down to request the courtesy room we were told it was occupied and that we should wait. After half an hour of waiting I went to check how long they thought we might have to wait as we were becoming concerned that it was only half an hour to go before we were due to leave. I was told it was still occupied and we would have to wait. My travelling companion has mobility issues and was becoming increasingly stressed that she would not be able to get ready in time. After another ten minutes she went over to speak to the man on reception and found him to be extremely dismissive and quite rude. After a tense talk he decided he would let us use another room to get ready in but made sure to let us know that they only have one courtesy room avaliable when only a few guests were leaving.
I have to say this caused the holiday to end on a bit of a sour note as after getting ready as quickly as possible, the bus that was supposed to take us to the airport was an hour late. But despite this slight issue, it was a lovely break and I would come back to this hotel.

Room Tip: I would recommend a sea view on one of the higher floors as it is quiet and the view is beautiful, p...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Emily F
MLhoteles, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Yaramar Hotel, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you for coming on holiday to Hotel Yaramar and for letting us know your opinion about our establishment. We are very glad to hear you had a lovely time with us and enjoyed the hotel and its surrounding area. We are sorry to hear you encountered a problem just before departing. We hope you visit us again some time soon as it would be lovely to see you back again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (605)
  • Finnish first
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stayed (again) for 2 weeks in early June' 14. Excellent hotel - yes it is a little dated but who cares when the service is top class, the staff as friendly as ever, the location ideal and the Thomson's rep the best I have met in over forty years of travel.

The only thing I don't like about the hotel is the pool area which is way too small for comfort. However, right across the road there are sunbeds (2) and sun shade available to hotel guests for a total price of €5 per day.

Room Tip: Up to 15 floors. Had a room on 11th this time with full sea view (6th previously). Definitely prefer...
2 Thank Bonumcor
MLhoteles, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Yaramar Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you for returning to Hotel Yaramar and for sharing your opinion on Trip Advisor. We are very pleased to know you enjoyed your stay once again and really hope to see you back some time soon!
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel a couple of years ago and thought we would treat ourselves to a return visit. We have to say we were bitterly disappointed. The standards of the hotel seem to have fallen to a level I am surprised Thomson Gold would allow. The decor is shabby to say the least. The bar staff were as friendly and chatty as ever and it was lovely to see Jeffrey again. The food though was bland and cold. But my biggest gripe was how a Scottish contingency of tattooed faced lager louts could be allowed into the Yaramar Hotel. Shouting obcesenties at each other across the pool and no member of the staff stopped them. I even thought of intervening myself but this man with tattoos on his face and hands looked very aggressive so my wife stopped me. Shame on Thomsons for allowing this and shame on the Yaramar for allowing a once lovely hotel to fall so below par.

11 Thank Lucy L
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here at the beginning of June and had an excellent stay. The hotel is perfectly located right on the sea front and with lots of shops, restaurants and bars right outside the door. The hotel staff were very very friendly, as were the Thomsons entertainment staff. The hotel was clean and well maintained. The pool area is by far the best of any hotel I've stayed in on the sea front. Very comfy loungers with plenty available. The rooms were a nice size with modern features and great air con units. The balconys are a good size. The only bad thing about the rooms for me was the lack of plug sockets ! Will no doubt be back !!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank leefitz225
Thanks a lot for your review and choosing to spend your holiday with us at Hotel Yaramar. We are delighted to hear you loved the hotel so much. Your kind words are very motivating and they definitely help us to keep on working hard. It would be fantastic to welcome you back to the Yaramar once again so we hope your next visit comes very soon.
england
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Great hotel,like people have said its a bit dated but all the same a very clean hotel,check in very swift,great food,have a few problems at the end of the second week with a hotel thief,we knew who it was but proving it is a different matter,the staff weren't really interested,just said its the guest and not the staff,we already knew this,but apart from this a very good
Holiday was had,would return again.

Room Tip: Try mananas for a tapas,delicious
3 Thank mitchall1
Thank you for coming on holiday to Hotel Yaramar and for rating us so higjly. We are glad to know you enjoyed your stay and would like to return. It will be a pleasure to us to have you among us soon.
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Returned from the Yaramar in May 2014 after 14 days. Was so pleased with it last year that I decided to have a longer stay. Definitely ready for a reburb as very tired. Food was pretty awful, the soup tasted the same every night, food was cold and tasteless. Breakfast was reasonable. Don't ever have food in hotel, just stay and have your meals outside. Cheaper and tastier. The entertainment was very good especially Chris and Wendy, made up for the downside. I will doubt if I stay here again. On the bright side staff lovely, rooms and all areas spotless.

Room Tip: Facing the sea very nice but sun disappears about 4pm around the pool side where it settles. Maybe...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank John J
Thank your for your feedback and for coming back to Hotel Yaramar. We are very sorry to hear this second stay wasn't as enjoyable as your first. We appreciate your comments and will pass your words regarding food to our kitchen department. Thank you for the trust you had in us.
THURSO aithness
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The Yaramar is in a great location with great sea views, the staff were very both friendly and helpful, the food was generally good and the entertainment was reasonable. The only small complaints we would have during our stay are, our bathroom could do with some TLC as it was showing some signs of wear and tear in places and our balcony door could easily be opened when the handle was in the locked position.

Room Tip: Higher the room the better the views and less noise from the entertainment although we were only on...
1 Thank D W B Kennedy
Thank you for staying at Hotel Yaramar and for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We are happy to hear you loved the location and the great views you had from your room. We take note of your comments regarding maintenance and hope to see you back at the Yaramar some time soon.