“First rate. Friendly and welcoming.”

Hotel IPV Palace & Spa
Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Fuengirola
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Just spent a week with friends in this hotel. Situated on the beach outside Fuengriola. Lots going on outside the resort with bars and restaurants scattered along a lovely sandy beach with loungers and thick cushions to lie on to enjoy the limitless sunshine. Pool area very nice with a beach club area for dining drinking and listening to music.
Celebs were also staying in this hotel, not going to mention names except to say nice guy !!
There are various restaurants including a Michelin star restaurant. We stayed bed and breakfast which allowed us to enjoy the hotel and surrounding restaurants bars and clubs in lively Fuengirola.
Brilliant time would recommend greatly.

Room Tip: All sea view rooms can't go wrong
2  Thank Tony B

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel from Sunday, 4th May to Tuesday 6th May 2014!

The Good; the reception staff were fabulous, attentive and a very pleasurable experience. One lady in particular deserves special mention, Simone, who looked after me and a colleague and couldn’t do enough to be of assistance.

The Bad; I think that to have to pay for a safety deposit box in the room is misplaced economy by the hotel considering that there are many items that are given away free in the bathroom, such as toothbrush and toothpaste, shoe cleaners, many soaps, shampoos, combs etc.
The quality of the internet throughout the hotel is poor to say the least. My colleagues and I were forever having to log back in, whether by the pool bar, in the restaurant or in our rooms. My room seemed to have almost no coverage which I found unacceptable – I was offered a change of room, but did not want the inconvenience of moving.
No Eurosport TV channel. Numerous TV channels in different languages, but to have no sport channel is unusual in this type of hotel.
Costs of food, teas and coffees and alcohol. My colleague and his partner had two buffets on the afternoon we all arrived, in the restaurant. They enjoyed a reasonable plate of food each, a few pieces of the small cakes on offer and a couple of Vino Tinto at a price of 60 euros – extortionate! Six of us had a very late lunch on the Monday at the bar by the pool and once again, the price was genuinely staggering, along with all the teas and coffees at prices that I found to be incredibly expensive. I really feel that pricing should be looked into and re-evaluated.
Service was appalling! Genuinely, I found the service to be almost non-existent apart from one English guy call Daniel Ball at the pool bar, it was almost impossible to attract the attention of staff to order drinks, teas, coffees, food and then to get a bill to make payment. I am used to ‘Spanish’ service, since I lived in Spain for a number of years, however, this level of lack of service was dreadful.
Bedroom cleanliness; very average and I would go so far as to say that the staff did not pay any attention to detail.
Do not disturb to me means “Do not disturb”; Do not knock on the door, Do not enter the room. This happened three (3) times! If I had put the sign there for a reason, I would have been very annoyed. I happened to have left it hanging on the door and was in the room but was frustrated that I was disturbed by someone wanting to check the mini bar and then someone wanting to clean the room. I did remove the note from my door when I was out, after 11:00am each day!
My electricity kept cutting off with the key in it’s slot. I would be in the bathroom and the lights would go out, I would have the TV or the air conditioning on and these would go off. I once again reported this to reception.

Room Tip: At breakfast, simply ask and they would provide anything required - scrambled eggs and poached eggs...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Clive R
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Our 3rd stay at this hotel. Its is so relaxing just the place to go if you enjoy a more relaxed break.
All of the rooms face onto the beach and are decorated in a typical Spanish style. Yes they could benefit from a makeover but they are very clean and have lots of space,
The hotel is a good stroll to main the part of town but has a lovely promenade to walk on.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Don't bother with this hotel stayed here when it was the Beatriz Hotel and it was very good but since it was taken over by IVP has really gone down hill. Rooms are dated in the old building they smell stale and need a refurbish. We were able to move rooms in the newer part of the hotel the rooms are better but would not say up to a 4 star rating. The breakfast/food choices not the best, the staff are thin on the ground and not all that friendly (especially reception staff). Wanted to use the gym and spa but opening hours are very limited. Seems to be a good choice for stag and hen parties.The whole place needs a good shake up !!!! Would rate it more as a 3 star than 4.

13  Thank Penny J
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Not really worth it. Food is not good but slow. Nicely located next to the beach with no view of it! Could have been located miles away from the sea. No restaurants in the nearby. Good for people that only wants to be by a pool.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank Ulf T
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed at the IPV Beatriz Palace Hotel & Spa for 3 nights in late April. Can not fault the hotel in any way. It was clean, good standard of services, food and facilities. Wifi was free and there is a small charge if you wish to use the safe that is in the room. My room had a fantastic view of the beach with a lovely sunrise at around 7 am each day.

If I was to be picky:

- Internet speed is not that great. Best WIFI reception was whilst sat in the toilet!
- Great breakfast buffet, but more fresh melons and pineapple would have been welcome. As well as better quality of bacon and sausage.

Would I go there again? Yes, and so should you!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool and beach.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank LordF
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Everything about this hotel was great. My only regret was not trying the spa. I will use that as my excuse to go back one day. This was the only hotel I saw that was on the beach without a road in between. I imagine the road would take away from the beach front serenity. The pool was very nice with plenty of chairs poolside. Beware the drinks at the pool bar are over priced. The concierge was very helpful as I'm sure he was sick of our million questions. Also helpful to have someone who speaks English. I recommend having address written down for cab drivers as they only speak Spanish for the most part. Don't miss the breakfast buffet! Mimosas and cook to order chef. Plus you can dine outside over looking the pool. I'm ready to go back!

Stayed: April 2014