“Excellent”

Ranked #7 of 37 Hotels in Fuengirola
Stoke-on-Trent
“Excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

Excellent place to stay, right in Fuengirola, across the road from the beach and has a shop right underneath it.

Stopped in this hotel once before and it's still as good as it was, the rooms were clean provided everything for a weeks stay. Staff are friendly and helpful, perfect location on the front with the beach across the road can't get much better than this and I will be returning to this hotel again and again.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Zac L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

just come back fuengirola and stayed at ronda 4,it was perfact for me ,roomy, clean,hob ,micro wave,fridge,open plan,a table for 4,clean batroom toilet,patio,cafe bar,and friendly staff,beach across the rd,near restaurants ,bars and shops,enjoyed my stay,

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank jamesthewedge
Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

we arrived on the 9th Dec. lovely room, but absolutely freezing. We reported it to the gentleman on reception who insisted that the heat would come on automatic, Reported it again on Tues, was told yet again that the heat would come on automatic, by Wednesday, I reported it again to another receptionist who immediately knew what the problem was. THE HEAT HAD NOT BEEN TURNED ON. I ended up sick from the wed-sat.and was glad to get home on the Mon. I have spent many holidays at the Ronda4 and I hope to spend many more, just not in December.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank crozier44
Antequera, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

We live in Spain an hour from the coast when we see a deal we go for it.

The apartment was very nice with all that you would need, sadly the bedroom had a air-con unit on the outside wall that hummed and buzzed day and night.

I choose to sleep on the sofa bed in the main room. To be fair I complained and was offered 2 different apartments. (one was smaller, so I declined, the other did not suit because of the sofa and set up, so I stayed where I was)

Overall the place is very nice and the staff will try to do what they can

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank scham_13
Castleford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

We had a short, 4 day winter break and once again stayed at Ronda 4. I don't normally write a review on the same accommodation twice, but following some negative reviews on this place I felt I should comment on our most recent stay. We have stayed here about 6 times now and the service has always been good. Reception staff have always been friendly and approachable, helping with any queries. The rooms are of a good size and very clean. You don't actually have to rent a remote for the television - you can just get up and turn it over manually!!. We feel it is such good value for money that we have had no hesitation if recommending it to family and friends who have also enjoyed staying here. As far as noise is concerned we have stayed on different floors, different sides and various distances from the lifts but have never had any problem whatsoever with noise from any source. Having stayed previously in a few different places in fuengirola we feel that Ronda 4 are by far the best value for money and am looking forward to our next there in April.

Room Tip: pool view is nicer
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank David S
Brighton
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

I stayed in these apartments last year, had a nice quiet room at end of corridor and had a good time so re-booked for this year with no hesitation. In retrospect that was a big mistake! As I had found last years room to be ideal when I booked I actually requested a room ‘at end of corridor away from lifts’ as I know from experience that I need to be away from noisier areas such as lifts as I’m a light sleeper.

When I first arrived the welcome didn’t seem as nice as the previous year (which surprised me as it’s the same staff!) but I was given Room 713 and initially being tired after a long journey I dumped my stuff and relaxed by watching BBC2. After a while it became obvious that I was very near to the lift as I could hear it moving up and down, especially the motor. Further investigations revealed that I was next to the lifts and that the lift plant room was directly above the room I was in, which explained the noise level! However I don’t like to make a fuss so I thought I would see how it went, although I was annoyed that my request had been ignored, although this is all too common in my experience everytime I make one!

After a night where I got basically no sleep at all due to the lift going up and down at odd hours throughout the night I knew I couldn’t stay in that room. So I went to down to see reception and explained my issue. They seemed very surprised and said ‘no-one has ever mentioned that before’ (which I find hard to believe!) but said if I came back later they should be able to move me. So I went out for the morning. When I got back there was a different lady on reception so I asked her and she said ‘oh we have no clean rooms we cannot move you’ I said what the other lady had told me and she said to come back in half an hour when the other lady would be back.

So I went back to the noisy room 713 and burst into tears. I hadn’t slept the night before due to the noise and now I seemed to be stuck in this room. I couldn’t understand why they were treating me like this; the hotel was far from full as it was the end of November. Anywhere else in the world places are normally happy to help you but not here it seems. When the half hour was up I went back to reception and when she saw me was pleased to see she was holding another key, this time to Room 113. Now I knew by this point that all x13 rooms were next to the lift so this still wasn’t what I asked for I was still next to the lift. I explained this but was told rather bluntly that was the only other room available. ‘There are no other clean rooms available’ they said. At least it was far away from the plant room I thought. It was indeed I could not hear the lift plant but I was now right over reception and could hear their sliding doors opening and closing! All they had to do was give me what I asked for, a quiet room end of corridor away from lifts. What they had actually done was move me from one noisy room to another noisy room! I think this was rather spiteful, i.e. we will move you if we must but not away from the noise as you requested. In desperation I rang Lastminute.com (who I had booked with) but after keeping me on hold on and off for 20 minutes they basically said the hotel had told them what they’d told me and they couldn’t do any more to help me. I had to spend 20 minutes on my phone at international rates to find out that they couldn’t help me either. So much for their ‘helpline’ the chap did say that he would call them again in the morning when he was told he could speak to the manager and would e-mail me.

In this new room I wasn’t able to use the bedroom at all due to the noise so had to sleep on the sofabed in the lounge area. On the plus side I could access the free Wi-Fi from reception!

I noticed the following morning that the room opposite, room 108 was being cleaned. I went down to reception and asked if I could move in there. They said ‘no, no that’s being cleaned for someone else and if we move you in there there is no-one to clean your room’ I offered to clean the room myself but this was refused. When I asked about other rooms I was again given the line that ‘there are no more clean rooms available’ and she just smiled and shrugged her shoulders. It was like banging your head against a brick wall, they seemed determined not to give me what I actually asked for in the first place, a quiet room end of corridor away from lifts!! I know that much better rooms were empty and I’m sure they’ve could have given me a suitable room but they seemed determined not to. It’s hard not to take this personally why where they being so horrible to me??? Their main concern seemed to revolve around their cleaning rotas not about making their guests happy. When filling rooms is your business why deny guests a reasonable request such as mine? Shouldn’t the happiness of guests be more important than cleaning rotas??

While out for the day in Malaga I had a voicemail and e-mail from the chap at Lastminute.com. He said he had not been able to speak to the manager as everytime he tried he ‘either couldn’t get through to the hotel at all or the call keeps getting disconnected’ so it appeared as if the hotel were trying to avoid talking to them as well! So what could I do but grin and bear it. At the end of my stay I was very pleased to check-out and will never go back there, there are better places in Los Boliches which are closer to the train station and have friendly and helpful staff. It’s a real shame as I liked it last year and thought I’d found somewhere I’d be happy to go back to again and again. Sadly not and I still can’t understand why the hotel staff behaved like that towards me this time.

In short if you’re lucky enough to get a good room that suits your requirements and don’t need to deal much with Reception you should be okay. But if you have problems beware of how unhelpful the staff are, especially if they don’t like the look of you! They had a good stab at running my holiday but I enjoyed it despite where I was staying not because of it! Also I wouldn’t book again through lastminute.com because their helpline was unable to be any help whatsoever!!

Room Tip: If they try and give you a room ending in x13 refuse and demand your money back so you can stay somw...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank BrightonMiranda
Somerset UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

We stayed in October, using the hotel as a base for visiting friends on the Costa and for my wife to go to the dentist (long story!!) and we were very content with the Hotel. We had a studio, but it was more than adequate in sise, with decent cooking facilities, inc microwave. Beds comfortable, if a bit firm. nice Balcony and good shower etc, constant hot water. Reception staff were more than helpful, we didn't use the cafe/bar, but it looked clean and nice. Maids did a good job and were as friendly as the language barrier allowed!
Good wi fi in reception area. On site parking looked a bit pricey, but there is free parking on the road in front. The sea view from the front of the hotel must be amazing. the beach is 50 yards from the hotel. Lots of restaurants and bars close by to suite most tastes and pockets And Indian Restaurants to die for within 200 yards.
Ask for sea facing room, a little bit of road noise at the back.
We are going back for a week (another dentist appointment!!!) in February, which I think says it all!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends