We had to stay in another hotel for the first 10 days as when we were booking our holiday, Stella Maris was not accepting booking before 1st January as the hotel was being renovated. When we arrived at Stella Maris for the second half of our holiday we were very pleased to find that we had been upgraded from a studio to a two bedroom apartment!!! More than likely because they were still renovating some of the studios but anyway it was still great for us!!!
Great location, right in front of the beach. There's a swimming pool if you prefer not to swim from the beach. We did not use it as we went beginning of January but I am keeping it in mind for the summer. There are lots of shops, cheap restaurants and bars in the area and a fantastic supermarket, Mercadona, about 10 yds from the aparthotel (please note, they deliver, too, so go when you arrive and buy all your stock of water, wine and beer as well as your bits of food. They will want to see your passport but you pay when they deliver what you have bought.) There is a bus stop just round the corner for going in the direction of Malaga, another 100 yds up going to the centre of Fuengirola. The aparthotel is about 150 yards from the fairground where the local market is held on Tuesdays and the very good flea market is held there on Saturdays.
The furniture was a little dated but the rooms were very light with white fittings, light yellow walls with matching curtains and settee covers etc so the overall effect was quite nice. Beds were very very comfortable and the sheets were quite good quality cotton. Only two electric rings and a microwave for cooking but it was enough for making light meals. Cleaning ladies arrived every day and made quite a good job of keeping the place clean. Towels are changed every 3 days, sheets every 5.
We really loved our stay and intend returning there during the summer or for our next winter holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The apartments are located in front of the sea, at the Paseo Maritimo, and only five minutes away from the center of Fuengirola.The Touristic Apartments Stella Maris have 126 studios and apartments of one and two bedrooms, all fitted with comfortable facilities, with furnished terrace, full equipped electric kitchen, air conditioning, heating, direct telephone, color TV (via sat), electronic security lock, fireproof doors, free wifi and safe (optional). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Stella Maris Apartamentos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stella Maris Apartamentos Hotel Fuengirola
- Stella Maris Apartamentos Fuengirola, Costa Del Sol