“Nice view basic accomodation” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stella Maris Apartamentos

Stella Maris Apartamentos
horsham
“Nice view basic accomodation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

We booked these apartments more for location than quality. Studios are very basic but we were only here for 4 nights and we just wanted somewhere to sleep. We were on the third floor with a sea view which was absolutely perfect. Beach directly across the road. We took the room only option so can't comment on the food etc. The pool was ok although I wouldn't recommend it for families with young children, a little maintenance wouldn't go amiss. Reception staff very friendly and all in all we got what we paid for.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Debra M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Finnish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Very nice bar area with large terrace overlooking the beach and sea. Very cheap drinks served by attentive and pleasant staff. Food is also available. Many nights live music is played within the bar area. Good atmosphere, and we will return when in the area

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Fueng2768
Leeds,Yorkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

just returned from a lovely 10 day break in Fuengirola.The apartment(s) were brilliant, loads of space, and added bonus of a flat screen tv. The kitchen area was sufficient for what we needed and we did cook at home a couple of times. My favourite thing was the patio doors in the bedroom as well as the living area - to wake up to glorious sunshine was lovely. Fabulous views. Pool small but adequate, we only used it once. All the staff were great, really helpful and kind - the cleaning ladies came every day - even xmas day to change the towels. The only slight niggle we had was the fact building work was being carried out during our stay. Our initial room was on the 5th floor and the noise was quite loud from the building work from 8.30 am including Saturdays which was a little disappointing - we did mention it and immediately given keys to another room on the 10th floor if we wanted to move which we did. And we hardly noticed the noise. Thankfully we were leaving at the time the noise was moving to the other side. It is a shame the travel company did not notify us of building work but we still had a good time. We were grateful for fabulous weather apart from one day, and found the area to be really nice - plenty of people around but it was still nice and quiet - the promenade is great and accommodates runners, walkers, skateboarders and cyclists of which there were many. Lovely beach in fact the whole area was great. Many of the bars and restaurants were closed for the holiday season but there were still plenty to choose from - and many were reasonably priced. We did take the train from Malaga to Los Boliches which took about 30 mins and the walk from the train station to the hotel took about 15 mins - we think the walk from Fuengirola station is just as far as Los Boliches so it is your choice.
Overall we had a really nice break over xmas and were grateful for the lovely warm sunny weather. Try the Market on a Saturday - it is literally 5 mins from the hotel - take a left outside the hotel, left again and follow the street right to the end and go up the steps under the bypass - at the top look straight ahead and you will see the market. The Supermarket behind the hotel is great - it goes on forever - but the little shop just over the road from the supermarket is great for a wide variety of drinks. Try Legends restaurant - the food is amazing.
So thank you Stella Maris and all of the staff - we had a lovely time and will definately be back again

Room Tip: they all seem to have their benefits - 10th floor was good for us
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Purple50
barnsley
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

just had a week in fuengirola 26/11/13 stayed in a studio in steela maris compacted but clean, maids came in 5 times a week, small pool but a big one across the road called the med. every room got a sea view.Did not eat her so cannot comment, had breaky in the uppa crust at back of the yarmar bang on.Got the train from malga airport to los boliches station run every 20 mins 6 euros some nice tapas bars about Big super market around the corner.Ask for a high floor get a nice view in the morning of the sea

3 Thank barmandad
Aland Island, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

I´ve just returned back home from my third stay at Stella Maris. This time I spent a bit over one month there with my baby boy who´s six months old.
I had booked a studio for us and had asked for a high floor. They had put us on the 14 th floor which was exactly what I had wanted! This way my baby didn´t get bothered by the noise from traffic. In fact, all we could hear were the waves outside. I have had a room on the fourth floor previously and there you can still hear the traffic outside. That didn´t bother me then, but a baby that´s easily startled migh have difficulties with sleep in the lower floors.
The studio was just perfect! It had been renovated quite recently and was really nice.
The open kitchen´s got a lot of space for storing things and for making your meals. There´s a fridge of good size and a kitchen stove with two cooking plates. What I appreciated the most was the microwave. That was perfect for heating the baby´s food. The water boiler was perfect for my morning coffee and tea. There was a coffee maker too for those who prefer filter coffee.
The room was spacious with a comfortable double bed leaving enough room for the baby cot. The hotel had asked me if I wanted to use their baby cot, but I had one of my own. The cleaning ladies (who were all extremely nice!) left a clean sheet for the baby cot too, which was nice.
The room had a nice TV of good size (you could easily watch TV from the bed and still read the text). Aircon was working well. The only thing I found a bit strange was that if you wanted to change the temperature or the fan speed, you´d need to go to the reception and borrow the remote control for the aircon. It would have been nice to have a remote control in the room, but it worked this way too.
The bathroom I had had a bath tub with shower. That too was perfect for me and my baby. And there was always enough hot water for bath and shower.
One evening my neighbour´s aircon was making an awful noise. It was like having a car running in my room. I then went down to the reception (as there was no answer at the neighbours´ door) to talk about this problem. They offered me another room, but I wasn´t too eager to move all the stuff I´d gathered and put to their places already in my room. So the following day they changed the airconditioner for my neighbours!
A couple of days later they started to renovate the room underneath mine. What a noise again! Banging from 10 a.m. until evening. My baby didn´t sleep at all and was crying... I went to the reception once again and they got a new room for me one floor higher and at the other end of the floor. That worked! No more noise, the baby slept like a baby again :-) Thanks to Paco in the reception for arranging all this!!! You´re really a man for the job taking good care of your customers! Which wasn´t easy, I bet, when MY aircon in the new room stopped working... But the following day even I had a new aircon! It´s amazing what the staff here will do to make your stay just perfect!
The view from the balcony is awesome. You can see the sunrise from here and it´s really marvellous! The balconies have sun this time of the year until about 2.30 p.m. If you get a corner room in a higher floor (which are one bedroom apartments) you´ll have sun all day.
The hotel´s got four elevators of good size, even for a baby buggy.
The hotel´s located next to the beach. You just walk over the street outside and you´re at the beach! There´s a nice and broad pavement that goes on for kilometers and is good for jogging or walking. The beach´s nice with sunbeds and shade for 9€ for two beds.
The hotel has a restaurant downstairs, but I wouldn´t recommend eating there. The service was slow, food was expensive and left me hungry. There are lots of other restaurants nearby with food that´s so much better! Turn right or left, it doesn´t matter. You´ll find nice places to eat either way!
There´s no nightclub anywhere near this hotel so it´s nice and quiet at night. A large supermarket (Mercadona) is just around the corner, which too is perfect for self catering. The tuesday´s large open market is also located close to this hotel.
I will definitely be returning to this place! Hopefully some time soon :-)

Room Tip: Go for the higher floors if you don´t like the noise of traffic outside. Corner apartments have larg...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank You0nlyLive0nce
Ayr, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

This was the first holiday we have went to without booking a transfer and you dont need to. Airport is right next to train station and for only 5euros two of you can get to Los Boliches where you get off and head for the sea (5 min walk) Then turn right and it is a 10 min walk to the Stella Marris. You will see the white building as you begin walking. If you go to Fuengirola station again head to the sea and turn left and you will see the red sign above the building. It is smack in the middle of the two stations. We had 1401 and what a room and the balcony was massive. The one bedroom apartment had a large sitting room twin bedroom good size bathroom and a kitchen with a microwave fridge and two rings to cook with. The sofa also can be used as a double bed and a plasma t.v. with lots of british t.v. stations. Staff were really good from reception to the cleaners and always on hand to answer any questions you have. Behind the apartments there is a big supermarket to fill your fridge and sell just about everything. At the front is the beach :-) Really cant fault these apartments and we will defo go back again and dont think anybody would have any complaints staying here....Enjoy.....

Room Tip: High floor side room get the afternoon sun
4 Thank rollies_10
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

The Stella Maris apartments are situated beside the road overlooking the sea at the end of Fuengirola just before the start of Los Boliches. There is a large supermarket just behind them so any provisions are easily purchased.

There is a 24 hour reception with friendly staff and four good lifts that hold four people each.
A safe can be rented for a week for 17.50 euros plus a 15 euro returnable deposit.
We had a studio on the eleventh floor. The view from the balcony was stunning with the sun rising over the sea at 07:55. This was a view to behold. The sun probably left our balcony around 14:00 but we were never in at that time.

Our studio was for two people and had two single beds. The bathroom was large enough and had a bath with a shower over it. The kitchen area had a kettle, coffee maker and toaster. Plenty of cupboards and a good sink. There were plenty of cooking utensil although we never used them. We just used the kitchen for coffee, and breakfast. There were plenty of electrical sockets throughout the studio. There was also free wifi which worked well even in the studio itself.

The studio was very clean and fresh, it was serviced daily, towels were changed on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and the bedding was changed every five days.
To sit on the balcony with my morning coffee watching the sun rise was a major point of these studios.
Bars and restaurants were just along the way in Los Boliches or a further distance away in Fuengirola.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor for stunning sunrises over the sea.
4 Thank WorldTraveller6161