Florida Spa
  • Restaurant
US$99
US$115
  • Pool
Hotel IPV Palace & Spa(Fuengirola)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$116
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
1,512 results
All reviewshappy hourmiami barthomson guestsdressing gownsfree fridgeceiling fanwalk in showerhead chefsea viewevening entertainmentplenty of choicetea and coffee making facilitiespool areaexcellent hoteldance floorrestaurant staffhigh floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Disappointed with the Hotel on several counts - room was ok and kept clean, we were supposed to have a bath in the bathroom but their was only walkin shower. The meals were very average with only one or two exceptions. The breakfast in particular was very poor with no show cooking unless you consider somebody doing fried eggs every morning as show cooking. One evening it was supposed to be rack of lamb (talk about mutton dressed as lamb) and the only themed evening was chinese food - with a few lanterns for decoration. Considering this was billed by Thomson as one of there Platinum hotels somebody needs to check things out. Also the rep. was hardly present and on the day we tried to see her she had left the hotel before the stated time. Very disappointed.

Room Tip: Check that room does have bath if required
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Barbara D
MLhoteles, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Florida Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing to spend your holiday at Hotel Florida Spa. We take good note of all your comments and are very sorry to hear you were disappointed with our establishment and we didn't reach the expectations you had. We thank you for the trust you had in us.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Went here on recommendation of a colleague who is a frequent visitor. Found it very clean with excellent staff. Asked, and received, a sea view over looking the marina. Once the balcony doors were closed you couldn't hear a peep although saying that the area outside was quiet anyway by midnight. The room has tea/coffee, kettle, fridge and safe, all free. There is also a tv, though no British channels were available due to some nationwide problem with the satellite companies. The WiFi was free and excellent and I was able to keep up with Corrie with my Ipad and a British VPN! The room was cleaned daily and we slept well in the beds. The air con was excellent. The food was tasty, we were always able to find something nice and went away feeling satisfied. There is a lot of choice both at breakfast and dinner. The hotel is quite central, a short walk will take you to the bus station and you can go to various towns. We went to Mijas which was lovely. Like other reviewers have said, the clientele are on the older side, we are 31 and were probably the youngest by about 30-40 years!! This didn't bother us one bit as we'd rather be with a more mature crowd than have loads of lager louts running around. A lovely hotel, good value for money and we will be back next year!

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room!
5  Thank florabelleBelfast
MLhoteles, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Florida Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Thanks a lot for choosing to spend your holiday at Hotel Florida Spa and for sharing your first experience with other Trip Advisor users. We very happy to hear you had a lovely stay with us and made the most of it by exploring the surrounding area. It is fantastic to know too that you are already thinking about your next visit...We are very grateful for your comments and we are looking forward to seeing you next year!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

This is a fine hotel with many good features, but it just didn't feel special.

Good points –
location – just a few meters from the seafront, and a short walk to town for trains and buses.
Air con – individually controlled in your room [no charge]
Fridge in room[no charge]
safe [no charge]
pool/ beach towels [no deposit / no charge, limited to one per person]
Buffet breakfast and dinner – plenty of choice.
Indoor pool and spa [no charge for Thomson guests, but not including sauna and steam room].

Entertainment was standard fare, with some better nights than others. It often started around 8.30 – 9pm, which suited us, and finished around 11pm.

There was music in the corridors but I never heard it in the bedroom, and it always took me by surprise when I opened the door.

We had seen comments about the age of the clientèle, and early in the season it would be expected that many were retired, but there were six pre schoolers at breakfast one day, so it also attracts families, but you do not see these in the evenings, when the youngsters go to bed.

Staff were mostly very friendly and efficient. On occasions, when business was slow, some staff took their eye off the job, and got distracted easily, and service slipped.

Cleaning was a bit hit and miss in our room, and some public areas could have more attention paid to them.

2  Thank gorby123

Thank you for staying at Hotel Florida Spa and for sharing your experience with other Trip Advisor users. We take good note of all your comments and hope you had a enjoyable holiday on Costa del Sol.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a week as a solo traveller in mid to late May 2014. It was very nice and clean, and the staff were very friendly. The room and balcony were a good size. I had booked late and so did not expect to get a very good view from my balcony. I was on floor 7 (room 710), which had a view over the pool and a very restricted sea view. It was not high enough to escape the traffic noise. The rooms facing the harbour and high up, with the floor to ceiling windows would be lovely I'd imagine. I would recommend this hotel for self-caterers. I had breakfast included in my room rate, but would not have really missed it if I'd gone self-catering. There was a good selection of fruit and pastries but the coffee and hot food weren't very good. There were plenty of nice restaurants close by for a good breakfast, lunch and evening meal. Entertainment was slightly dated but I had expected this from reviews I had read before booking. It all depends on your personal taste, I really didn't mind and enjoyed some of the entertainment. The room facilities were great with free WIFI (which was quite fast), flat screen TV (but didn't have BBC, ITV etc.), lovely shower, plenty of hanging space for clothes, good air conditioning, plenty of electric sockets, a handy mini fridge which was a good size and worked well, and tea and coffee making facilities. My phone wasn't working one night and I informed reception who sent someone up to fix it straight away. The bar was very good and the cocktails were great! Happy hour ran from 12 noon until 1pm at the pool bar where drinks were 2 for 1. At happy hour, both drinks had to be served together. As a solo traveller though, I'd have preferred an option to be able to collect the second drink later. This was a little annoying at the pool bar as I had to take both drinks to my sun bed. By the time I got to drinking my second, the ice had melted. It did seem overly strict. The spa was good but pricey. Someone else commented on the pillows being hard and I found the same, although it didn't cause me a problem. If you go to stay here, take a couple of pegs with you as they will come in handy to hold your towel in place on the sun lounger and stop it sliding down! The hotel is about a 10-15 minute walk to Los Boliches (which is nice) and is right next to the bars and restaurants in Fuengirola. Overall, a very good stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor overlooking the front and harbour.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank offthebeatentrack78

Thank you for deciding to stay at Hotel Florida Spa and for writing a review on Trip Advisor. We are very glad to hear you liked the hotel and had a nice holiday with us. We hope many more visits come in the future as it is always a real pleasure to us to see familiar faces coming back!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

My husband and I were looking forward to staying here due to the great reviews. We left for home nine days later feeling very disappointed.
We are not fussy eaters but the food has to be the worst we have ever had. The breakfast had the usual variety of cereals, cold meats, fruits etc. but the cooked English was mainly cold with the bacon burnt to a crisp. The dinner was not much better. The meats were indelible and mashed potato required a spoon! The vegetables were mushy and over cooked. The only plus was the dessert menu which was very nice.
We had a very quiet 11th floor room overlooking the sea (apart from being woken up every morning with piped music in the corridors!) I thought the beds were ok but my husband found them very uncomfortable and didn't have a single good nights sleep. One of the main gripes from ourselves and other people staying was the condition of the the bathroom towels. They are so thin it was difficult to get dry!
I have to say however that the staff were excellent. Very friendly and helpful.
The entertainment is very geared for the older generation, definitely not a family hotel. The pool is very small with a limited amount of sun beds.
We won't be going back to the Florida Spa.

3  Thank necter

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hotel Florida Spa and for letting us know your opinion. We take good note of all your comments and we thank you for your kind words about our staff. We are very sorry to hear we did not reach your expectations and you are not planning to come back. It was a pleasure to us to have you as guests and we really appreciate the trust you had in us.