“clean hotel, but many problems” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jaen Inturjoven Youth Hostel & Spa

Jaen Inturjoven Youth Hostel & Spa
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Jaen
Bath, United Kingdom
“clean hotel, but many problems”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

The hostel was clean and tiny, with fresh bed sheets, but many fundamental problems let it down. Firstly, there were no lockers in the rooms, which is not very safe at all when you're sharing with strangers. Secondly, people seemed to come in and out of our room each day, at any time. At one point we had 4 people coming into our room, but only 3 beds were available. Such bad organisation from the staff, it was very disconcerting. There was also no kitchen in the hostel, which is very uncommon, and we had to sit on the floor in the reception area to use the wifi, not the most pleasant experience. The focus in this hostel seems to be on the public swimming pool and the groups of tourist groups, rather than individual travellers.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank senorita2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Bangkok
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

Cheap hotel, close to the center of Jaen, only 10 minutes walking from the cathedral. The room was very big, its forniture was not the best one anyway the room was very very clean. Big and very clean bathroom too. Nice staff. I recommend it if you are going to Jaen

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tibetan_bells
Broughton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

I was very disappointed with this hostel. I booked for a week while I was finding a flat and on arrival found I was in a single room. I had booked to be in a room of 3. During the course of the week I came back on various days to find people unpacking their things in my bed (as they had been sent up to my room despite there already being 4 people in it). We had all booked to be in a 3person room but there ended up being 4 people - and only 2 keys, so we had to share between us.
There was a lot of noise at night when a group of kids arrived, and the hostel did nothing to stop this at 1am.
The wifi area downstairs consisted of a few plugs (most didnt even work) and we had to sit on the floor. Thankfully by the end of the week they put a few chairs and tables down, but the plugs still didnt work. The upstairs wifi was 1euro an hour.
Breakfast was shocking - the day I arrived there was no butter or jam so I had dry toast and warm milk in my cereal. There was virtually no options - toast or cereal and that was it.
The left luggage room wasnt secured and anyone could get the key to go into it.
I was shocked to discover that the area the hostel was in was known by locals as a dangerous area. I was not warned about this at any point and walked home by myself one night. I couldn't believe none of the staff informed me of any dangers.
The only good point was that the rooms were cleaned every day.

I would not stay here agan.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Josie W

Travellers are raving about these Jaen hotels