“Pleasantly Surprised”

Sloans
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 March 2013

We walked in fairly late and only one other couple in this fairly upmarket feeling restaurant. The lady first off seemed annoyed that we had arrived so late, but she soon thawed and was professional and then really funny and a great waitress. The food was really really good and we enjoyed everything we had. We would definitely go back and recommend. Portions were sizeable and pricing good.

There are newer reviews for Sloans

Reviewed 1 March 2013

This restaurant looked inviting - has table cloths and wine galsses et al - so we went in to give it a go. As it happened it was a 'taste of the world' special night and were booked up except for a couple of tables and we got the last one. I fancied a steak as a change from tapas so they let us choose from the al la carte menu - good service!
I asked for a bottle of Rioja from the wine list but they were out! Negative - we are in Spain
We were given an amuse buche of curry soup (in a small glass) - ver nice - positive
We both ordered tomato and basil soup which would have been good but was spoiled by too much salt - negative
Our mains were Fillet steak and fish and the sauce on each was on the high salt end - negative.
On the table next to ours a soup dish was sent back because it was too salty so this must say something. I made the point to the waitress and she didn't looked pleased (not with me but with the complaint - I think they probably get it right most of the time).
Anyway, for €50 including the tip it could have been OK - the fillet and the fish were both well cooked - but we have been put off by the seasoning which is a shame as it's a nice restaurant with a good atmosphere and attentive staff.

Reviewed 28 February 2013

Hi ! just back from a short trip in Nerja. We ate in Sloans on the first night my Aunt had it booked as they eat here quite a bit and really like it. I really enjoyed the meal and the overall experience. The staff were really attentive and helpful as we had a few requests ( my Aunt needs gluten free options). I loved the side salad which comes with the starters so much that I asked for a side portion to go with my main meal, they used a mint dressing which gives a really nice fresh taste.We all enjoyed our meals and got offered a free sample of the local wine for afterwards. It worked out very reasonable. I would eat here again.

Reviewed 25 October 2012

We went to Sloans one Sunday having had many recomendations and were surprised that it was so average. Yes good value for money but very unexciting food moderately cooked. Mediocre is the word I would use to describe the food. I had a sticky toffee pudding to finish and it had obviously been microwaved too much as it was hard and tasteless. How anyone can say it is best food in Nerja I really cannot imagine. On the plus side the welcome was good and the service fast. In and out for a 3 course meal in less than an hour if thats what you want. Pub grub!!!!

Reviewed 21 October 2012

We went twice, once with friends and once alone. The food was of a good quality though not exciting the staff were friendly and English speaking. Our first meal was a curry which was enjoyed by all however we found the Sunday roast a little bland.