“Never showed up”

Ranked #19 of 52 Speciality Lodging in Nerja
Edmonton
“Never showed up”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Booked 8 days here over Christmas time. After arriving from Madrid my mother and I stood outside for 4 hours with all out luggage as it rained on us. There is no reception desk at this location so we were met with a locked door. I sent a message to the email address on the door 4 times and got no response. I called the number on the door and one that was provided to me by one of the guests as she was leaving but no one ever answered the phone. FINALLY after 4 hours some guy showed up and blamed me saying I made the booking for the next day. When I showed the confirmation email for that day  I was told I was should have said when I would be arriving.

I left, walking in the rain with my luggage and my very upset mother and we checked in at another hotel. We paid the premium rate thanks to having no reservation and it being one of the busiest holiday times in Nerja. This was not the welcome I had in mind.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank RogueReviewer

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

Booked a week in these apartments to arrive today.. was slightly surprised and delighted to receive an e-maine from Miguel 2 days before arrival telling us the room was ready and clean, he was looking forward to our arrival and would look after us and even made sure we could contact him when we arrived ( on his afternoon off) all went well and we were greated by a very happy and helpfull Miguel with a bottle of wine. Before leaving he made sure we had everything we needed and told us to call him if we needed anything ....lovely apartments in a great position and so friendly but better wait a few days before I write a full review but having never left a review before this place deserves it...

Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Andy T
london
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Arrived home yesterday after a 5 night trip with my friend Sita. The apartments are in a brilliant location in a pedestrianised street. Really nice apartment. We had a sea view and waking up to that view everyday was a wonderful bonus. Miguel is very friendly with lots of tips on where to go. The Pizza restaurant over the road was excellent value for money. A jug of sangria, 2 huge Pizzas and a massive salad all for 15 euros. I have a tiny gripe about a couple of things. The apartment wasn't cleaned once during the 5 days we were there, which was a little dissappointing. Miguel did however give us clean sheets and towels and a loo roll when we asked for them. The sofa bed wasn't too comfy either, so my friend and I took it in turns to 'sleep' on it!! I still have to give these apartments 5 out of 5 though. Had a thoroughly lovely break!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
shetland
Reviewed 13 June 2013

stayed in a lot of hotels around the med but this is our favourite.nice welcome from miguel and he carried all our luggage upstairs.the hotel is situated in the beautiful traffic free area of carabeo and very central.spend the extra for a sea view it is well worth the money and you get a great view of the sea and the balcon de europa,beautiful at night too.rooms are well equipped,balcony is a little small but fine for 2, you could play 5-a-sides in the bathroom.already booked for next year.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 28 January 2013

These are really nice apartments, but what puts them over the top is the warm reception and service of Miguel. From the start he greets you like family, and his suggestions on what to see and where to eat were great. The rooms themselves were spotless and well equipped. We paid extra for a sea view room, and it was well worth it. Everyone has access to the rooftop patio with loungers and amazing 360 views of the sea, town, and mountains, and also a great place for stargazing at night.

These three restaurants were worth repeat visits from us: Like other reviewers, we would highly recommend La Dama, a restaurant right across the street, for both their pizza and pasta. Great quality for an amazing price. We also enjoyed La Puntilla, a tapas bar with a great authentic atmosphere, fresh seafood, and great value. It is not far to walk from the balcon area but a bit tricky to find, so ask for directions. Chiringuito Ayo is a famous place for paella, and well worth it for both the food and atmosphere. Sangria, grilled sardines, and paella in a shady spot at the beach... life is good!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank TouristSite
Reviewed 17 September 2012

My wife and I spent a week in these apartments in September and found them to be very clean, very well equipped and very central to everything in Nerja (restaurants, bars, beach, shops, buses etc).

Miguel the owner was a fantastic host and always very helpful!

Overall it was a great stay. If there's anything that would benefit these apartments it would be a swimming pool. Hopefully this is in the plans for the future but regardless, we would certainly consider returning for a future stay in Nerja.

• Stayed September 2012
4 Thank ryans_trips
Ireland
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Recently got married in Nerja and our parents on both sides and some relations decided to stay in the Balcon De Carabeo. In total there were 4 rooms booked by myself and my wife when we visited in October 2011 through Miquel at reception. When I say Miquel is the most helpful man in the world I mean it. He was in regular contact with us ensuring he had everything in order for our families arrival. He made friendships with all and was always there to offer advice on the best places to visit and eat etc. The apartments themselves were spotless, a real home away from home with all the utilities and accessories you would possibly need. The sun loungers and jacuzzi were fantastic on the top floor and views of the surroundings were simply majestic from there. Location is so central I decided to stay with my parents the night before the wedding and all of the groomsmen etc got ready in the rooms the next mroning and we set off on the short trip up to the Church.
The place is great but Miquel gives it something extra which is quiet unique.
There is another family wedding taking place in Nerja next year so without doubt we are booking again. Thanks for everything Miquel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family